Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 00:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 07:53
ducceus wrote:
Quote:
n dont forget about the money..honey!

I will be honest here. If Warren Buffet come to me and offer me a job, in which I can have learn from him every day, I will work for him for free for 5 years.

nice buddy..means ur loaded rite now!!!wish i cud say the same!

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 08:01
ducceus wrote:
Quote:
Many people go into an MBA with a career path and plan in mind and end up doing something completely different... That is part of the MBA process, discovering new things and new interests.

That is partially true. I went to undergrad for engineering, thinking I 'd be happy being an engineer. Well, here I am trying to switch to do banking. I guess the different this time around is I am a little more older, and more experience. So, nailing down what I want to do long term is a bit easier. If you are a long term vision in mind, and focus on the end goal, everything in between is just immediate steps to get you there. In my case, I want to run a holding company like BH, so investment bank, consulting, general management doesn't matter much as long as I get the skills to help my long term goal.

That's why INSEAD ask your immediate and long term goal in the first place. That's why they asked the Why's question to gauge the probability of your success. It is proven that those who know what they want to do, and map a way to get there, will end up successful. On the other hand, if you are doing something because everyone else is doing it, you will fail. If you are doing something for money, you will fail. If you are doing some thing because you know it will help you to accomplish your goal, you will be successful.

This study would be more interesting if they actually follow those who really know what they want, and those who don't, then, follow their career over the period of ten years. On the topic of work life balance, it doesn't matter what the employers trying to tell you or what your perception is about this topic, there will be sacrifice. If you position yourself right, you might get in the optimal spot, but you can't have it both way. At the end of the day, people should ask themselves what they are willing to get up for their end goal (assume that they have one).

I think happiness is the key to success..in the end it all depends on what makes u happy..money..power..the satisfaction of being your own boss...creating a work of art...anything...if u really find the key to ur happiness then u will go all out in an attempt to succeed in it..

I think INSEAD is also looking at the hunger in each of us..the hunger to succeed in that one ENDEAVOUR which makes u happy...since we are all applying to INSEAD, I presume that we have all given careful thought to the reasons why we want to go there...if our reasons are the ones we actually believe in,then I am convinced that the person (read ad-com) will understand them too.

In the end, on a slightly separate note..from past trends it is but obvious that INSEAD is looking at the diversity basket..so those of us who have a more diverse profile wrt ethnicity, education, and work-ex stand a much better chance than others with a brilliant but stereotypical profile

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 09:34
Quote:

No, I am not. I will still have to rely on student loan and scholarship to study at INSEAD. It is Warren Buffet, would you work for him for free lol?

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 11:22
riseNshine wrote:
I think INSEAD is also looking at the hunger in each of us..the hunger to succeed

hunger games.

by the way, reading INSEAD MBA blog I understood hunger is no joke. students apply everywhere even to companies/industries outside of their initial interest

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
WE: General Management (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 11:38
Got a mail from SH in my spam folder. Applications complete, and the wait begins... other round 2 applicants, any updates?
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 13:45
I have no idea about adcom's workload but it seems this week will be devoted to R2 applicants (review applications, send out confirmations, resolve issues). Next week they switch back to us, R1 applicants

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 14:56
cyberhawk wrote:
I have no idea about adcom's workload but it seems this week will be devoted to R2 applicants (review applications, send out confirmations, resolve issues). Next week they switch back to us, R1 applicants

Speculation is futile at this point. I only hope for the best lol

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 22:23
cyberhawk wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
I think INSEAD is also looking at the hunger in each of us..the hunger to succeed

hunger games.

by the way, reading INSEAD MBA blog I understood hunger is no joke. students apply everywhere even to companies/industries outside of their initial interest

yeah the hunger games...n we r the 'tributes'!!

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 22:24
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

No, I am not. I will still have to rely on student loan and scholarship to study at INSEAD. It is Warren Buffet, would you work for him for free lol?

''if u dont start building ur own dreams,someone else will hire u to build theirs''

EPIC!!

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 22:31
riseNshine wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

''if u dont start building ur own dreams,someone else will hire u to build theirs''

still there is no universal and widely accepted opinion on what's better - own entrepreneurial career or selling your skills and time to others

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 22:37
@cyber

my take is-start of by selling ur skills..and eventually begin ur own venture

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 22:41
this thread is viral n how!!!
more than 1k posts n we r yet to see an admit!!!

kudos to:-

ducceus
cyberhawk
chickentikka
nomepreocupes
joey88

n all the others!!

shows the passion we have for INSEAD!!

EPIC!!

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:08
riseNshine wrote:
@cyber

my take (after living some time in moscow) - invest all post-mba income to moscow real estate and start renting to the flocks of labor migrants.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.65

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:17
riseNshine wrote:

Yeah, notice that previous intakes reaches same number of posts when they R3 applicants were admitted..

We have beaten the record before R1 admittance... Does it mean this year is more competitive? :) or simply less patient?
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:24
Nadezda wrote:
riseNshine wrote:

Yeah, notice that previous intakes reaches same number of posts when they R3 applicants were admitted..

We have beaten the record before R1 admittance... Does it mean this year is more competitive? :) or simply less patient?

I think it's just a mix (deviation vs normal) of applicants here who are ready to talk. Personally I posted >100 posts though I could limit myself only to 4: submitted application, invited to interview, interview report, final decision. If dinged, it would be very sad to leave the forum.

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:35
cyberhawk wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
@cyber

my take (after living some time in moscow) - invest all post-mba income to moscow real estate and start renting to the flocks of labor migrants.

interesting thought...but what about the russian mayfa??? correct me if i m wrong.but doont they control the moscow real estate market with a tight fist??

EPIC!!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.65

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:40
cyberhawk wrote:
Personally I posted >100 posts though I could limit myself only to 4

that's a contribution! I think we shall relax on this week as notification will start coming from 24th probably.

Are you based in Kiev now? where you plan to start - Fonty?

Im from Russia, but based in Sing now, and want to start here.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:42
Nadezda wrote:
riseNshine wrote:

some of us viz cyberhawk,ducceus and urs truly have logged over 35% of the posts in this forum..take us out n u have arnd 650 posts..therein lies the answer:)

EPIC!!

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:45
Nadezda wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
Personally I posted >100 posts though I could limit myself only to 4

that's a contribution! I think we shall relax on this week as notification will start coming from 24th probably.

Are you based in Kiev now? where you plan to start - Fonty?

Im from Russia, but based in Sing now, and want to start here.

Nadya,
I am based in Moscow, applied for campus in Fonty, but after doing additional research I decided Singy is better for me to start. If admitted I will ask for switching to Singy, but I do not know if I will be allowed to.

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Jun 2013, 23:49
riseNshine wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
@cyber

interesting thought...but what about the russian mayfa??? correct me if i m wrong.but doont they control the moscow real estate market with a tight fist??

well, my landlord does not look like a mafia rep at all. however, since he does not pay taxes from the rent, he can be regarded as a criminal by russian tax authorities. renting an apartment in moscow provides far better returns than bank deposits

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Jun 2013, 23:49