Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 06:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 11:28
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,
I feel bad for whoever going to troll through this post next year looking for information because they will find endless-non-related discussions between the 5 people who actually active in this thread. Whoever you are, if you get to this point, I salute you.

A random citizen of the internet ( June 19 2013 @ 3 P.M EST) :D

I can imagine all us in INSEAD study group - awesome time spent together, horrible case solutions

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 11:37
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,
I feel bad for whoever going to troll through this post next year looking for information because they will find endless-non-related discussions between the 5 people who actually active in this thread. Whoever you are, if you get to this point, I salute you.

also, we already have more posts than Sep'13 thread, but twice as low number views. this kinda "citation index" speaks for itself.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 11:42
Quote:
I can imagine all us in INSEAD study group - awesome time spent together, horrible case solutions

Looking forward to that day. Case solutions are for people who doesn't prepare before INSEAD. I plan to go through basic of finance and accounting before I arrive at INSEAD. That should at least get me through the Core class. With Khan Academy, free education classes online, and a bit of motivation. I think this will be easy.

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: General Management (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 17:34
ChickenTikka wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:
All right you kiddies, I'm back. I was hoping for an answer by now. Instead I keep getting threatening emails from other MBA programs that want me to send deposit money to secure my place.

ChickenTikka, welcome back.

some posts ago we discussed if HEC is more generous with scholarships. this is important since prodigy finance does not work with HEC. what's your pov as admitted student?

I'm far too well paid and far too dumb to qualify for any kind of scholarship. I'm paying full boat wherever I go.

What is prodigy finance?

If you visit India look me up. I'll be in Russia climbing Mt. Elbrus in a couple weeks. Maybe I'll venture down to the Ukraine to seek out some devchenki.

ChickenTikka, you gotta tell us what you do in India that pays you so much! Us Indians migrate abroad in search of better pay and you've gone to India to fill your pockets :) Also good luck for the much awaited result.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE: Real Estate (Venture Capital)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 35

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 20:54
fscon wrote:

ChickenTikka, you gotta tell us what you do in India that pays you so much! Us Indians migrate abroad in search of better pay and you've gone to India to fill your pockets :) Also good luck for the much awaited result.

I'll tell you if you give me 10 lakhs.
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2013, 21:18
Сибергак,

посмотрий
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95c_1371654375
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 04:35
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:

whats the ROI here..does it beat INSEADs???

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 04:40
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,

I m the diversity candidate..i m goin to INSEAD mainly for fun..n yeah to netwrk wid peeps n alum who can give me a job which pays atleast as much as Chickentikka's does!!

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 04:44
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

Looking forward to that day. Case solutions are for people who doesn't prepare before INSEAD. I plan to go through basic of finance and accounting before I arrive at INSEAD. That should at least get me through the Core class. With Khan Academy, free education classes online, and a bit of motivation. I think this will be easy.

@ducceus

both my interviewers told me ''dont worry bout the studies part of INSEAD-will b a breeze,go there for the unique INSEAD experience"
m sure u will b a dean lister!

EPIC!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 05:20
riseNshine wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

@ducceus

both my interviewers told me ''dont worry bout the studies part of INSEAD-will b a breeze,go there for the unique INSEAD experience"
m sure u will b a dean lister!

haha, thanks for the kind word. Imagine the day when we all get in, how awesome could it be lol

Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 05:23
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:

10 lakhs would be around US$22,222. Is that your average commission per deal ? Let's assume it is. If you do like 10 deals per year, it is $200,000 in your pocket minus minimal tax. I think Chicken should make around that much per year :D Let's me know if I am wrong

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 06:03
ducceus wrote:
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:

10 lakhs would be around US$22,222. Is that your average commission per deal ? Let's assume it is. If you do like 10 deals per year, it is $200,000 in your pocket minus minimal tax. I think Chicken should make around that much per year :D Let's me know if I am wrong

unfortunately 10 lakhs is about 17000 USD, and our dear chicken is an avid trekker and mountaineer..so i am assuming he holidays 4 months a year n wrks 8...n with the gift of gab he possesses, m sure me makes a 'sale' every fortnight..so he earns 17k * 16=272000 USD...but but but...he wud b taxed arnd 30% of his income..so he wud take home arnd 190000...yeah sounds about rite!!

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 06:05
ducceus wrote:
Quote:

haha, thanks for the kind word. Imagine the day when we all get in, how awesome could it be lol

stuff dreams r made of!

EPIC!!

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 07:06
ChickenTikka wrote:
fscon wrote:

And would you have to kill me if you were to tell me?!
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 07:25
One more week to go and then we'll know one way or the other (or stay in limbo on the WL...).

Have a great weekend everyone. Next week we'll all be on edge each time the phone rings or an email arrives in the inbox.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 08:09
I'm going to try my best to enjoy this weekend to the fullest....as next weekend there is a 50% chance I will be depressed! LOL. No, but seriously.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 09:22
JJ14 wrote:
I'm going to try my best to enjoy this weekend to the fullest....as next weekend there is a 50% chance I will be depressed! LOL. No, but seriously.

You are not alone. Life has it up and down. The only thing matter is to stand up after you fall :-)

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 09:45
well i was hoping for some phone calls late in the afternoon today, but I guess I was wrong. I bet we'll start hearing on Monday.
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 09:46
ducceus wrote:
JJ14 wrote:

You are not alone. Life has it up and down. The only thing matter is to stand up after you fall :-)

anxiety comes from having only 1 option. so fear of losing and uncertainty can be destroyed by having solid and equally attractive plan B

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 09:47
ChickenTikka wrote:
well i was hoping for some phone calls late in the afternoon today, but I guess I was wrong. I bet we'll start hearing on Monday.

did you ask for early decision?

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Jun 2013, 09:47