Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:25
u nailed it man!!!
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:26
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
got the confirmation frm stefanie...was in my spam:):),,,all ok now...now the long long wait begins!!btw anyone frm India here?


I'm from India too, living in USA. 26/F/5yrs work ex


welcome:):)....since ur already a cert..m sure u can guide the rest of us novices!
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!


Last edited by riseNshine on 20 Apr 2013, 21:29, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:27
mayankkapoor86 wrote:
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
got the confirmation frm stefanie...was in my spam:):),,,all ok now...now the long long wait begins!!btw anyone frm India here?


I'm from India too, living in USA. 26/F/5yrs work ex


Hey hey... am from India too. But, working out of Malaysia (KL) now...



gr8...so didya apply yet???campus preference??r u applyin for nanyang?
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:30
zhengda wrote:
28/m american singaporean (grew up in singapore all my life). studied in the UK.

work exp 3 yrs before starting in jan, slightly on the low side. mostly program management (manufacturing) experience.

had to serve in the armed forces in singapore.

does insead take into consideration 2 yrs of military service? many peers my age who havent had to serve would have 5 yrs or so work experience.


m sure they will...go for it buddy
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!


Last edited by riseNshine on 31 May 2013, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 21:31
gr8tWo wrote:
Hey guys,

Have you considered HEC Paris as an alternative? I mean if you have been accepted already then of course INSEAD is an amazing option but I think HEC Paris offers an interesting proposition and I would definitely recommend it as a European option if INSEAD or LBS seem hard to crack. Fees are 12K less (48000€) and a scholarship of up to 24K, for good candidates that would have realistic hopes of admission to INSEAD, would not be hard to get, lowering the total cost of fees down to 24K! HEC is considered to be the best business school ever in France (due to its Masters program and not the MBA in particular but the brand is strong nonetheless throughout Europe as can also be seen in FT European business school rankings). Furthermore, the HEC MBA has been revamped in 2012 with the help of Bain & Company and also is housed in a brand new building and should be going up in the rankings in the next few years as it is actively aiming to stand in the top 3 MBA programs in Europe and top 10 in the world. Finally, there are some interesting double degree options, for example you can do 10 months at HEC (for reduced 36K tuition) and 9 months at MIT Sloan and get two degrees (an MBA from HEC and an MSMS from MIT). So, if you have not looked into it seriously, I suggest you do. I am a big INSEAD fan but I think HEC should at least be your #1 backup choice.

Good luck with your results and studies!

P.S. their admissions process is the fastest there is (many admission deadlines throughout the year, couple of weeks for preselection decision and couple of weeks for final decision after the interviews), about 5-6 weeks all together I think.



thanks for the eye-opener mate!!btw whn does the HEC MBA prog commence??
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Intern
Intern
Joined: 07 Apr 2013
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2013, 22:29
riseNshine wrote:
mayankkapoor86 wrote:
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
I'm from India too, living in USA. 26/F/5yrs work ex


Hey hey... am from India too. But, working out of Malaysia (KL) now...



gr8...so didya apply yet???campus preference??r u applyin for nanyang?



Yeah, already applied in round 1 with a preference for Singapore. I have an admit from NUS.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 191
Location: France
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2013, 02:03
riseNshine wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:
Hey guys,

Have you considered HEC Paris as an alternative? I mean if you have been accepted already then of course INSEAD is an amazing option but I think HEC Paris offers an interesting proposition and I would definitely recommend it as a European option if INSEAD or LBS seem hard to crack. Fees are 12K less (48000€) and a scholarship of up to 24K, for good candidates that would have realistic hopes of admission to INSEAD, would not be hard to get, lowering the total cost of fees down to 24K! HEC is considered to be the best business school ever in France (due to its Masters program and not the MBA in particular but the brand is strong nonetheless throughout Europe as can also be seen in FT European business school rankings). Furthermore, the HEC MBA has been revamped in 2012 with the help of Bain & Company and also is housed in a brand new building and should be going up in the rankings in the next few years as it is actively aiming to stand in the top 3 MBA programs in Europe and top 10 in the world. Finally, there are some interesting double degree options, for example you can do 10 months at HEC (for reduced 36K tuition) and 9 months at MIT Sloan and get two degrees (an MBA from HEC and an MSMS from MIT). So, if you have not looked into it seriously, I suggest you do. I am a big INSEAD fan but I think HEC should at least be your #1 backup choice.

Good luck with your results and studies!

P.S. their admissions process is the fastest there is (many admission deadlines throughout the year, couple of weeks for preselection decision and couple of weeks for final decision after the interviews), about 5-6 weeks all together I think.



thanks for the eye-opener mate!!btw whn does the HEC MBA prog commence??


Thanks for the kudos! It has two intakes, just like INSEAD, Sept and January and because it is 16 months you get to do a normal internship during either intake.

I noticed your GMAT Q44. INSEAD is really into the >70-75% at each section. Your Verbal is pretty sweet but if you don't have an undergrad degree that is very heavy on maths and awesome grades on these subjects, if they like your app, they will tell you to retake the GMAT and reapply (been there done that!). I had applied in R2 and had to retake the GMAT by the deadline of R3 (I was notified during the preselection deadline of R2 i.e. less than 2 weeks time to retake the GMAT). I worked my ass off and increased my GMAT, went through to interviews in R3 but I guess R3 is tougher and I didn't click with one of the two interviewers that well which was a bummer...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 08:17
gr8tWo wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:
Hey guys,

Have you considered HEC Paris as an alternative? I mean if you have been accepted already then of course INSEAD is an amazing option but I think HEC Paris offers an interesting proposition and I would definitely recommend it as a European option if INSEAD or LBS seem hard to crack. Fees are 12K less (48000€) and a scholarship of up to 24K, for good candidates that would have realistic hopes of admission to INSEAD, would not be hard to get, lowering the total cost of fees down to 24K! HEC is considered to be the best business school ever in France (due to its Masters program and not the MBA in particular but the brand is strong nonetheless throughout Europe as can also be seen in FT European business school rankings). Furthermore, the HEC MBA has been revamped in 2012 with the help of Bain & Company and also is housed in a brand new building and should be going up in the rankings in the next few years as it is actively aiming to stand in the top 3 MBA programs in Europe and top 10 in the world. Finally, there are some interesting double degree options, for example you can do 10 months at HEC (for reduced 36K tuition) and 9 months at MIT Sloan and get two degrees (an MBA from HEC and an MSMS from MIT). So, if you have not looked into it seriously, I suggest you do. I am a big INSEAD fan but I think HEC should at least be your #1 backup choice.

Good luck with your results and studies!

P.S. their admissions process is the fastest there is (many admission deadlines throughout the year, couple of weeks for preselection decision and couple of weeks for final decision after the interviews), about 5-6 weeks all together I think.



thanks for the eye-opener mate!!btw whn does the HEC MBA prog commence??


Thanks for the kudos! It has two intakes, just like INSEAD, Sept and January and because it is 16 months you get to do a normal internship during either intake.

I noticed your GMAT Q44. INSEAD is really into the >70-75% at each section. Your Verbal is pretty sweet but if you don't have an undergrad degree that is very heavy on maths and awesome grades on these subjects, if they like your app, they will tell you to retake the GMAT and reapply (been there done that!). I had applied in R2 and had to retake the GMAT by the deadline of R3 (I was notified during the preselection deadline of R2 i.e. less than 2 weeks time to retake the GMAT). I worked my ass off and increased my GMAT, went through to interviews in R3 but I guess R3 is tougher and I didn't click with one of the two interviewers that well which was a bummer...



thanks a bunch for the info n the heads up...yeah my quant score was super disappointing..somehow screwed up bigtime on D-day...neways doesnt HEC have the same stringent quant requirements??i did check their website..loved the rolling application bit...the trubl is i havnt yet taken my TOEFL:(...as regards taking the GMAT again...shudder shudder!!!!
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!


Last edited by riseNshine on 31 May 2013, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 11
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:24
riseNshine wrote:
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
got the confirmation frm stefanie...was in my spam:):),,,all ok now...now the long long wait begins!!btw anyone frm India here?


I'm from India too, living in USA. 26/F/5yrs work ex


welcome:):)....since ur already a cert..m sure u can guide the rest of us novices!


Sure. Would be glad to help. Message me if you have specific questions n I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:32
I have one doubt about INSEAD admission criteria.

I have read in an interview with INSEAD Marketing Director (http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... nsead.aspx) that INSEAD only considers the highest GMAT score, no matter how many times one have written for the exam.

I also heard that INSEAD may "split" two different GMAT scores and take the highest percentile of Q and V from each separate attempts. So for example, you get V40 and Q41 in your first GMAT, and then V35 and Q48 in your second attempt, then INSEAD will consider that you have a combined GMAT score of Q48/V40.

Is that true?
Really thanks in advance for any insight about this issue.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 191
Location: France
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:36
riseNshine wrote:
gr8tWo wrote:
riseNshine wrote:
thanks for the eye-opener mate!!btw whn does the HEC MBA prog commence??


Thanks for the kudos! It has two intakes, just like INSEAD, Sept and January and because it is 16 months you get to do a normal internship during either intake.

I noticed your GMAT Q44. INSEAD is really into the >70-75% at each section. Your Verbal is pretty sweet but if you don't have an undergrad degree that is very heavy on maths and awesome grades on these subjects, if they like your app, they will tell you to retake the GMAT and reapply (been there done that!). I had applied in R2 and had to retake the GMAT by the deadline of R3 (I was notified during the preselection deadline of R2 i.e. less than 2 weeks time to retake the GMAT). I worked my ass off and increased my GMAT, went through to interviews in R3 but I guess R3 is tougher and I didn't click with one of the two interviewers that well which was a bummer...



thanks a bunch for the info n the heads up...yeah my quant score was super disappointing..somehow screwed up bigtime on D-day...neways doesnt HEC have the same stringent quant requirements??i did check their website..loved the rolling application bit...the trubl is i havnt yet taken my TOEFL:(...as regards taking the GMAT again...shudder shudder!!!!n moreover i m a doctor..so my undergrad degree has no whiff of any math anywhere:(


It's always good to be a doctor. I guess it is a good differentiator and usually a good indicator of academic capacity. In which case they might be more forgiving regarding the GMAT, I can't tell for sure. I was the usual IT consultant with an engineering degree which is not the most useful profile to help stand out. HEC is indeed more forgiving with the GMAT than INSEAD and they have not expressed an explicit preference for 70-75% on each section making your overall 700 competitive even for a scholarship. Nonetheless, I think INSEAD is actually the most forgiving of all top tier 1 MBAs but still not as forgiving as one would hope. Your verbal is quite good at the GMAT so if you went tomorrow to take the TOEFL you should do fine. Do it as soon as possible.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 191
Location: France
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:37
1
This post received
KUDOS
whwarg wrote:
I have one doubt about INSEAD admission criteria.

I have read in an interview with INSEAD Marketing Director (http://www.accepted.com/chat/transcript ... nsead.aspx) that INSEAD only considers the highest GMAT score, no matter how many times one have written for the exam.

I also heard that INSEAD may "split" two different GMAT scores and take the highest percentile of Q and V from each separate attempts. So for example, you get V40 and Q41 in your first GMAT, and then V35 and Q48 in your second attempt, then INSEAD will consider that you have a combined GMAT score of Q48/V40.

Is that true?
Really thanks in advance for any insight about this issue.


Hi. What you are saying is not accurate. Yes INSEAD will consider your highest score, but it will do no splitting as you describe. It will take your highest score and see its breakdown.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 26
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT Date: 02-18-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 13:51
1
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Hi. What you are saying is not accurate. Yes INSEAD will consider your highest score, but it will do no splitting as you describe. It will take your highest score and see its breakdown.


taken from INSEADs FAQ:

"I have taken the GMAT more than once. Which score will you consider?

If you have reported more than one score to INSEAD, the Admissions Committee will still consider the full history of your GMAT attempts, but will place the greatest weight on the highest score you achieved. Also, if you have obtained a satisfactory percentile in one section of the test but a lower percentile in the other, and vice versa in a second test, the Admissions Committee may consider that you have reached a sufficient level overall, provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. "


From the above, looks like they do consider the highest from 2 different tests , as long as there is no big drop in the other.
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Jun 2011
Posts: 191
Location: France
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.35
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 14:02
himym wrote:
Quote:
Hi. What you are saying is not accurate. Yes INSEAD will consider your highest score, but it will do no splitting as you describe. It will take your highest score and see its breakdown.


taken from INSEADs FAQ:

"I have taken the GMAT more than once. Which score will you consider?

If you have reported more than one score to INSEAD, the Admissions Committee will still consider the full history of your GMAT attempts, but will place the greatest weight on the highest score you achieved. Also, if you have obtained a satisfactory percentile in one section of the test but a lower percentile in the other, and vice versa in a second test, the Admissions Committee may consider that you have reached a sufficient level overall, provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. "


From the above, looks like they do consider the highest from 2 different tests , as long as there is no big drop in the other.


You are very right. Sorry for the confusion. I just checked http://mba.insead.edu/faq/AdmissionsReq ... whichscore as well and this seems to be new. I definitely don't remember it being there last year.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 26 Nov 2012
Posts: 27
Location: India
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 21:00
Thought I'd check in as well. I'm in for R1.

A friend of mine (applying in R2) wants to know if an alumni recommendation can be a potential game changer ?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2013, 21:22
SecondMBA wrote:
Thought I'd check in as well. I'm in for R1.

A friend of mine (applying in R2) wants to know if an alumni recommendation can be a potential game changer ?


Although I concur that an Alumni Reco can be game changer, however I believe (I may be wrong) that recommendations should come from professional contacts who know you well. In an alumni reco the chances of follow-up with the recommender increases and hence this should be the most accurate recommendation backed-up with facts/instances. But it can be a game changer.
_________________

You'll never walk alone!!

Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 22
Location: France
Schools: INSEAD Jan '14
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 02:04
Hello Vips0000 , I am interested in INSEAD to the point where I'm making it my only serious application; in my view, it is the only school that offers insights on both Asia pacific and Europe (the US component is not "meaty" enough in my view) ; I'm running a bit late, because I focused a lot of time on priming finances, getting agreement from my management (my wife, that is :-) etc...
I would really appreciate if you could say more about the Singapore IHE you attended (I did the one in Fontainebleau, as I live nearby) : who was the teacher, how far is the campus from the business/banking district , do the alumnees there have internships lined up in Singapore ... anything that might pop to your mind.
I'll try and poste some stuff about the Fontainebleau event in my next post.
Just got out of the GMAT (right first timeà) and will dive into application this week.
Cheers,

Amine
Intern
Intern
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 22
Location: France
Schools: INSEAD Jan '14
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 02:08
@LiverpoolFC , I more than concurr : Alumni reco do NOT substitute for customer or supervisor reco , this is something I discussed with the INSEAD people on their IHE ; I would strongly suggest current or just previous employer is a MUST HAVE. Alumni reco that has no direct biz connections with you is only good as the "third" recommendation : a friend who has followed your complete career, a mentor, or a faculty member with whom you've had some exchanges during your POST-school life.
Cheers,

A
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 04:25
1
This post received
KUDOS
gr8tWo wrote:
himym wrote:
Quote:
Hi. What you are saying is not accurate. Yes INSEAD will consider your highest score, but it will do no splitting as you describe. It will take your highest score and see its breakdown.


taken from INSEADs FAQ:

"I have taken the GMAT more than once. Which score will you consider?

If you have reported more than one score to INSEAD, the Admissions Committee will still consider the full history of your GMAT attempts, but will place the greatest weight on the highest score you achieved. Also, if you have obtained a satisfactory percentile in one section of the test but a lower percentile in the other, and vice versa in a second test, the Admissions Committee may consider that you have reached a sufficient level overall, provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. "


From the above, looks like they do consider the highest from 2 different tests , as long as there is no big drop in the other.


You are very right. Sorry for the confusion. I just checked http://mba.insead.edu/faq/AdmissionsReq ... whichscore as well and this seems to be new. I definitely don't remember it being there last year.



Thanks, gr8tWo and himym for your clarification!
I found the following response from Camille (INSEAD Adcom at "Ask INSEAD Admissions" forum) that further supports himym's claim:

Quote:
mattapraveen wrote:
Hi Camille,

I am planning to apply to the INSEAD 2013 Jan MBA programme. My question is with regards to the GMAT score. Unfortunately I have a mixed GMAT scores as follows: 660-Q49/V-31 & 690-Q46/V-38. I have heard from many sources that INSEAD takes the best of all the individual section GMAT scores. So it it right in assuming that INSEAD would consider my GMAT score as Q49/V38? Or, it that INSEAD takes into account only the latest score?

Please advice.

Praveen

Hi Praveen,
If a candidate has taken the GMAT twice and on the first test obtained a satisfactory percentile on one part of the test (eg above 70th percentile on quant) but a low percentile on the other part of the test (eg below 70th percentile on verbal) and vice versa on the second test (eg low quant score and high verbal score), we may consider that they have reached a sufficient level overall provided the second test does not show too significant a drop in the lower element. It is however preferable to see the higher scores on the same test.
So yes, we'll consider your score as Q49/V38.

Camille
_________________
_________________
INSEAD MBA Admission
http://mba.insead.edu/home/
Twitter: @INSEAD MBA Team
Facebook: INSEAD The Business School for the World
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 04:44
AmineCHABBI wrote:
@LiverpoolFC , I more than concurr : Alumni reco do NOT substitute for customer or supervisor reco , this is something I discussed with the INSEAD people on their IHE ; I would strongly suggest current or just previous employer is a MUST HAVE. Alumni reco that has no direct biz connections with you is only good as the "third" recommendation : a friend who has followed your complete career, a mentor, or a faculty member with whom you've had some exchanges during your POST-school life.
Cheers,

A


And would it help if the official Recommendation Letter comes from a former client (from a consulting project) that happens to be also an INSEAD alumnus?
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2013, 04:44
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 45 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants talk2vj 1178 30 Jun 2011, 11:33
Sticky, new posts 76 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 904 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
Popular new posts 4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
Popular new posts 1 Experts publish their posts in the topic IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants souvik101990 16 26 Aug 2013, 04:53
Sticky, new posts 2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11  ...  134    Next  [ 2673 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.