Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 17:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 49
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 04:58
whwarg wrote:
AmineCHABBI wrote:
@LiverpoolFC , I more than concurr : Alumni reco do NOT substitute for customer or supervisor reco , this is something I discussed with the INSEAD people on their IHE ; I would strongly suggest current or just previous employer is a MUST HAVE. Alumni reco that has no direct biz connections with you is only good as the "third" recommendation : a friend who has followed your complete career, a mentor, or a faculty member with whom you've had some exchanges during your POST-school life.
Cheers,

A


And would it help if the official Recommendation Letter comes from a former client (from a consulting project) that happens to be also an INSEAD alumnus?



I doubt adcoms give very much weight to whether your recommenders are INSEAD alumni or not. What will be useful is if your recommender understands INSEAD well enough to be able to give a recommendation that shows why you will be a great fit. An alumni who just use the school name as a rubber stamp isn't worth much extra.

In general, a client from a consulting project can be a good reference, but it all depends on the assignment and your role.

Then again, I've never even been accepted to a business school so I might be completely wrong :-)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 06:08
@gr8tWo

i hv plenty of certificates to prove academic merit..however that does not take away the fact that i had a poor q score:(...neways HEC sounds like a good alternative...but i m gonna wait till 17 may n then take the next call:)
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!


Last edited by riseNshine on 31 May 2013, 10:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:50
bob99 wrote:
whwarg wrote:
AmineCHABBI wrote:
@LiverpoolFC , I more than concurr : Alumni reco do NOT substitute for customer or supervisor reco , this is something I discussed with the INSEAD people on their IHE ; I would strongly suggest current or just previous employer is a MUST HAVE. Alumni reco that has no direct biz connections with you is only good as the "third" recommendation : a friend who has followed your complete career, a mentor, or a faculty member with whom you've had some exchanges during your POST-school life.
Cheers,

A


And would it help if the official Recommendation Letter comes from a former client (from a consulting project) that happens to be also an INSEAD alumnus?



I doubt adcoms give very much weight to whether your recommenders are INSEAD alumni or not. What will be useful is if your recommender understands INSEAD well enough to be able to give a recommendation that shows why you will be a great fit. An alumni who just use the school name as a rubber stamp isn't worth much extra.

In general, a client from a consulting project can be a good reference, but it all depends on the assignment and your role.

Then again, I've never even been accepted to a business school so I might be completely wrong :-)


Thanks, bob99, for the insights!
Actually, I worked with the recommender (INSEAD alumnus) in 4 different projects as a Consultant, and he was part of the client's Steering Committee in charge of my project.
I believe that he knows me and INSEAD well enough (hopefully...) :)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 00:15
Did or Will you guys use Essay consulting?
I am thinking about mbaMission, Aringo, or accepted.
Do you know which one is the best for INSEAD?
Aringo looks good, because they have really high % of accepted students in INSEAD. But, looks more expensive than other companies.

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 01:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
whwarg wrote:
bob99 wrote:
whwarg wrote:

And would it help if the official Recommendation Letter comes from a former client (from a consulting project) that happens to be also an INSEAD alumnus?



I doubt adcoms give very much weight to whether your recommenders are INSEAD alumni or not. What will be useful is if your recommender understands INSEAD well enough to be able to give a recommendation that shows why you will be a great fit. An alumni who just use the school name as a rubber stamp isn't worth much extra.

In general, a client from a consulting project can be a good reference, but it all depends on the assignment and your role.

Then again, I've never even been accepted to a business school so I might be completely wrong :-)


Thanks, bob99, for the insights!
Actually, I worked with the recommender (INSEAD alumnus) in 4 different projects as a Consultant, and he was part of the client's Steering Committee in charge of my project.
I believe that he knows me and INSEAD well enough (hopefully...) :)

Given this information, my suggestion is that you should certainly use this recommender either as the third open recommender or as (as I would suggest) a main recommmender answering all questions...
_________________

You'll never walk alone!!

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 04:02
taekyuchoi wrote:
Did or Will you guys use Essay consulting?
I am thinking about mbaMission, Aringo, or accepted.
Do you know which one is the best for INSEAD?
Aringo looks good, because they have really high % of accepted students in INSEAD. But, looks more expensive than other companies.

Thanks!


Hi taekyuchoi,
Personally, I worked with Laura Freedman (http://www.accesseducation.com.sg/), and I can strongly recommend her services.
She is an INSEAD alumnus (1992) and offers admission consulting services with strong focus and expertise on INSEAD.
She is also part of the Committee of INSEAD Community in Singapore (https://iconnect.insead.edu/IAA/SGP/ass ... .aspx?ID=4), so she knows every "tips" on how to apply to INSEAD.
You can use her free diagnosis sessions (1-hour for free), so she can evaluate your profile.

Anything else that I can help you, feel free to send me a PM.
Good luck!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 04:35
Thanks, LiverpoolFC!
Indeed, this person was one of my main recommender.
How much weight does INSEAD adcomm put on your recommendation letters?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 05:48
Just got an email from INSEAD saying that I've been pre-selected for interviews.

Submitted my documents on April 2nd, aiming for Jan 2014 intake R1.

Good luck to everyone!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 05:57
ulmandy wrote:
Just got an email from INSEAD saying that I've been pre-selected for interviews.

Submitted my documents on April 2nd, aiming for Jan 2014 intake R1.

Good luck to everyone!


Wow! That was fast! more than 3 weeks away from may 17th!
Who is your coordinator? where are you located?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 05:59
yeah it came much faster than I expected...

Located in Germany; coordinator A.N.


whwarg wrote:
ulmandy wrote:
Just got an email from INSEAD saying that I've been pre-selected for interviews.

Submitted my documents on April 2nd, aiming for Jan 2014 intake R1.

Good luck to everyone!


Wow! That was fast! more than 3 weeks away from may 17th!
Who is your coordinator? where are you located?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 06:27
ulmandy wrote:
yeah it came much faster than I expected...

Located in Germany; coordinator A.N.


whwarg wrote:
ulmandy wrote:
Just got an email from INSEAD saying that I've been pre-selected for interviews.

Submitted my documents on April 2nd, aiming for Jan 2014 intake R1.

Good luck to everyone!


Wow! That was fast! more than 3 weeks away from may 17th!
Who is your coordinator? where are you located?


Cool! Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 82
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q V0
GPA: 3.51
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 07:39
Image
_________________

אױ װײ

INSEAD 14D -> 15D

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 03 Apr 2013
Posts: 44
Location: Argentina
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 08:13
nomepreocupes wrote:
Image


I will follow your nick and ... will not worry at all! (easy to say, hard to try) 8-)
Are you from Latam?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2013
Posts: 82
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q V0
GPA: 3.51
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 09:13
whwarg wrote:
nomepreocupes wrote:
Image


I will follow your nick and ... will not worry at all! (easy to say, hard to try) 8-)
Are you from Latam?


nah, but have spanish as my admitting language.
_________________

אױ װײ

INSEAD 14D -> 15D

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Location: United States
GMAT 1: Q V0
WE: Marketing (Health Care)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 22:25
@Ulmandy - congrats on the interview invite!!

do you mind sharing your profile with us?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 00:35
whwarg wrote:
Thanks, LiverpoolFC!
Indeed, this person was one of my main recommender.
How much weight does INSEAD adcomm put on your recommendation letters?


Difficult/Impossible to know for sure...however most of the blogs suggest that since this is one element on which a candidate has the least control it holds a good share of weight in the decision making...

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

You'll never walk alone!!

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 46
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 00:37
@Ulmandy - congrats & all the best for the interview...you must have a killer profile and essay combination...

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

You'll never walk alone!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 177
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 01:22
ulmandy wrote:
Just got an email from INSEAD saying that I've been pre-selected for interviews.

Submitted my documents on April 2nd, aiming for Jan 2014 intake R1.

Good luck to everyone!



congrats mate!!!!
now share ur profile with the rest of us mortals:)
_________________

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 03:53
dini wrote:
@Ulmandy - congrats on the interview invite!!

do you mind sharing your profile with us?


Thanks, and good luck to you!

Here's my answer to the questions posted here and asked in private:

Profile
GMAT — 760
GPA — 3.9 (M.A.) 3.8 (B.A.)
WE — 3 yrs, marketing, renewable energy, promoted twice
Int'l Experience — North & South America, Asia, Europe
Hobbies — many & varied, with many awards

Essays
Rumor has it that for INSEAD, essays carry more weight than the hard facts in one's CV. So I spent a whole month writing & rewriting them.
I stuck to the word limit. I believe this shows respect for the AdCom as well as one's ability to express complicated ideas concisely.
I hired a consultant to help polish my language & tighten my structure, but only at the very end of my writing process.
I took the optional essay equally seriously, using it to demonstrate a shining point that did not fit elsewhere.

Recommendation
I did not have an alumnus as third recommender.
Both recommendations are from my current employer.

School Selection
INSEAD is the only program I applied to.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2013
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 04:04
LiverpoolFC wrote:
@Ulmandy - congrats & all the best for the interview...you must have a killer profile and essay combination...

Posted from my mobile device


Thanks, but many people here have a better profile than I do. I'm younger than INSEAD average and my work experience is shorter...

Anyway I'm very glad about the invitation and will post update on my interviews.
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2013, 04:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Calling all INSEAD MBA applicants for January 2015 Intake! INSEADadmissions 10 28 Apr 2014, 18:20
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
87 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 946 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants talk2vj 1178 30 Jun 2011, 11:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  134    Next  [ 2673 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.