Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 640 Q38 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Investment Banking (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Oh no. I guess somehow it shows that you were not committed to studying and gave the test for the sake of giving (my personal opinion. Dont want to discourage in any way). If you are in a quant profile then it should have been better.

Originally posted by docks007 on 19 Jul 2013, 03:22.
Last edited by docks007 on 19 Jul 2013, 05:01, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I had attended one of INSEAD's session and the admission team said that every year they come across profiles where the GMAT score is way too low or experience is very less but profile is excellent. They usually suggest them to get a better score or gain more work exp which is essentially not a rejection/acceptance mail but a case where they want the applicant to apply again in next sessions. You must think if you are okay to wait till September as you have the best chance then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
caro2789 wrote:
caro2789 wrote:
Hi,

I just go an email from Valerie. Which basically says 'the committee likes your profile and you'd get selected for an interview, BUT your GMAT score is too weak' :shock: :
"The Admissions Committee has decided that your current GMAT / GRE scores do not correlate well with the overall quality of your application, and we would therefore request that you retake this test. "
So, to still get into Jan14 intake, I'd have to take the GMAT ASAP again and submit the score before 7th August.
My last GMAT was a 640 (v 38, q39) and they feel like I should reach the 70% in my quant.

Has anybody experienced this before?
I'm not sure if I should rush into the GMAT again within the next 20 days to make it into Jan14, or take my time and be considered in round1 for Sept14.

What do you guys think?

So I spent all day, every day since then learning for the GMAT Quant part. and my prep test were well in the 68-74th percentile range. I got a good night's sleep and felt confident going in the Exam today. Even felt good after completing the quant part. Got out of the exam : WORST Score I have ever written Q33 in 30th percentile range!

What should I do now? I was pretty sure, my new score would not worry admissions about my quant abilities anymore and that I'd still be in time for intake January.
Take it again in a month and so 1st round Sept14?

Right now I'm contemplating, writing them that I retook the GMAT but the outcome did not improve my current quant score but that I've been working as financial analyst for over 3years and can handle numbers and would like them to reconsider their decision??
HELP! :oops:

You have a hard case to make, but please do try and retake the GMAT again. They consider the broke down of your score. If you are REALLY ..REALLY .. committed to INSEAD, I would recommend you take a 2 weeks vacation from work, and study 10 hours a day straight for 2 weeks. That would make 140 hours of study time, then retake the GMAT.

One more thing, I recommend email your admission coordinator, and indicate to her that you are really committed to INSEAD, and take 2 weeks vacation from work to study for the GMAT 10 hours a day. Also indicating to her the date at which you are retaking your GMAT. They will appreciate your commitment, and it might increase your odd. They might even willing to overlook the second test.

Take my advice as a grain of salt.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey can some of you R1 guys help out?

How did you guys send your essays to your interviewers? Did you just send your whole application?

One of my interviewers has asked for the essays. I tried taking snapshots and then creating another PDF file, but the snapshots are hard to read. Adobe Reader does not have an option to remove pages...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
trex wrote:

How did you guys send your essays to your interviewers? Did you just send your whole application?

One of my interviewers has asked for the essays. I tried taking snapshots and then creating another PDF file, but the snapshots are hard to read. Adobe Reader does not have an option to remove pages...

I did send the whole application
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cyberhawk wrote:
trex wrote:

I did send the whole application

Ok, thanks mate. I thought since it has the digital signature, submit button etc, maybe we shouldn't send it. But that seems to be the only decent way.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh God. Why are you even trying such things ? Just send the whole application. Profile section has to be sent anyways and profile + essays = entire application !!

trex wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
Oh God. Why are you even trying such things ? Just send the whole application. Profile section has to be sent anyways and profile + essays = entire application !!

trex wrote:

Bro, print the entire thing out. Scan it as pdf. Problem solve
Manager
Manager
Send PM
If someone really wants to do such a thing then use google and take advantage of the latest technologies in market :) This is one of those.

https://www.splitpdf.com/

ducceus wrote:
docks007 wrote:

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
docks007 wrote:
If someone really wants to do such a thing then use google and take advantage of the latest technologies in market :) This is one of those.

https://www.splitpdf.com/

ducceus wrote:
docks007 wrote:

I am old school. Back in my day, If people want to split a pdf, they have to do it the old fashion way
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Actually, I just sent the interview form info. to my interviewer.
I am thinking of bringing along my CV as someone earlier suggested.

Should suffice right? Or we should take our certificates etc.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess its not interviewers job to check credentials so just CV is good.

Sherman88 wrote:
Actually, I just sent the interview form info. to my interviewer.
I am thinking of bringing along my CV as someone earlier suggested.

Should suffice right? Or we should take our certificates etc.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I sent interview form and CV to both interviewers, no essays. Both interviewers seemed to have scanned my CV, brought along a copies, and used it for reference throughout the conversation. So in my experience it was quite helpful :). Don't think anyone (myself included) really wants to read those lengthy essays, but if so they will ask you for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
WE:Business Development (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
And best of luck on all the R2 interviews coming up! For me they were the most fun and interesting interviews I have ever had so just enjoy the experience!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So true!! I get bored reading my own essays :)

JJ14 wrote:
I sent interview form and CV to both interviewers, no essays. Both interviewers seemed to have scanned my CV, brought along a copies, and used it for reference throughout the conversation. So in my experience it was quite helpful :). Don't think anyone (myself included) really wants to read those lengthy essays, but if so they will ask you for them.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Is the good cop-bad cop style necessarily true among interviewers?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Ok, finished second interview. This time it was with the person in a more senior function, and the interview was more focused on the questions. Again I experienced it more as an intriguing conversation than as a stressful interview. In addition, he gave me some good advice on the INSEAD program in general.
The questions were alike the ones mentioned before in this thread:

• Why MBA, Why INSEAD, why now, career up to now, career plan
• Describe yourself, your personality
• Describe something you are proud off or when you made the difference

Basically all questions were related to these, and the whole interview took around two hours.

The whole MBA application has been a very intriguing process up to this point, now I just have to try to focus on something else for the next two months…

I wish you all the best with your interviews, and hope we can receive some good news by the 13th of September!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  89   90   91   92   93  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts