Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 07:03
This post received
KUDOS
vj690 wrote:
Is the good cop-bad cop style necessarily true among interviewers?

Nope, both of them were supportive. They did however asked about details in my story, but I believe this was merely out of interest.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
Schools: INSEAD Jan '13

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 17

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 07:11
Did all the selected candidates for the interview receive information about their interviewers?
Since the initial notification email about pre-selection I did not receive any further info from my coordinator about the interviewers.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.3
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 08:11
robisrojis wrote:
vj690 wrote:
Is the good cop-bad cop style necessarily true among interviewers?

Nope, both of them were supportive. They did however asked about details in my story, but I believe this was merely out of interest.

Thanks for sharing your experience. All the best!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 8

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2013, 08:46
Anyone else has done his/her interview(s) already in R2?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 01:11
This post received
KUDOS
If you received the mail around 19th then its okay, just wait for their next mail. It took them around 10 days to find the interviewers for me and I just waited patiently.

vishalogy wrote:
Did all the selected candidates for the interview receive information about their interviewers?
Since the initial notification email about pre-selection I did not receive any further info from my coordinator about the interviewers.
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 01:15
Not yet! Both my interviews are out of my town on different days and will have to travel for 4-5 hours + take leave from office. I hope they understand my dedication :P

robisrojis wrote:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2013, 07:46
This post received
KUDOS
robisrojis wrote:

I just had my 2nd interview today. Now, a long and nervous wait has begun.

For my interviews I had to answer the following questions :

1) Why mba? Why insead? Why now ?
2) Go trhough your CV ?
3) Extra curriculars ?
4) Contribution to MBA ?
5) Why recommend me ?
6) My passions, hobbies, ...
7) International experience ?

The first interview was more organized and formal. The second was not really organized, I had to switch from one question to another without any relation between them, and from one language to another (english, french, spanish). That was though for my brain ...

But I have to say that both interviewers were nice and friendly, and seemed interested in my career project.

Good luck to all !
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '13
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [2] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2013, 17:13
This post received
KUDOS
Had my first on Wed.

Same questions as above +

-Any other schools you have applied to?
-a bit more on languages, which language will be your 3rd?
-Are you prepared for the fast-paced life in one year? If yes, give an example how you have dealt with such a tight schedule
-More on my university experience than work surprisingly
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Jul 2013, 00:48
Sherman88 wrote:
Had my first on Wed.

Same questions as above +

-Any other schools you have applied to?
-a bit more on languages, which language will be your 3rd?
-Are you prepared for the fast-paced life in one year? If yes, give an example how you have dealt with such a tight schedule
-More on my university experience than work surprisingly

Sherman88 and Danbeh, thanks a lot for sharing your interview experience. Here's wishing you the best.
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2013, 23:53
Had the 1st interview. Totally clueless if it was good or bad. No why INSEAD , why now, short term long term goals, tell me about yourself - nothing ( I had prepared the best ever answer for why INSEAD and short term goals and he never asked :-().

Basically every custom question for which I prepared was not asked. Many randomn questions here and there and most of the time he talked about his experience, what to do when in INSEAD. It was very relaxed, he said his opinion is just a part of the process to know the school etc. and ultimately its all AdCom decision. No feedback in the end.

My learning: Dont wait for the 3 why's (but thats just for me for next interview). There was nothing negative, but nothing exceptional too - a neutral experience. Anyone else had similar experience ? I have less than average experience (4 yrs) still I was not asked those questions so I was surprised, may be its all reserved for next interview.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2013, 05:48
This post received
KUDOS
Had my first interview today, a very pleasant experience overall. My interviewer was trying to maintain a conversational style, so she didn't really follow a structured question and answer approach. There are a few areas she really tried to drill down to details in order to know me better:

1. 'Tell me about yourself', how fast I have been promoted in the past few years
2. Why MBA, why do I think the money is worth investing
3. Why INSEAD, where else did I apply
4. As a junior consultant, what are the challenges I faced (I became a consultant after I graduated from university)
5. As a team lead, what are the challenges I faced when managing different stakeholders (I'm a senior consultant now)
6. What are my passion, hobbies
7. What do i see myself in 5, 10 years
Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 00:00
Now I know Round 1 is so much better. Even for scholarships there are 2 essays each :O Dont even know the result and write 10 essays again, what a trajic life :-( It has become an endless process !!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 10:45
docks007 wrote:
Now I know Round 1 is so much better. Even for scholarships there are 2 essays each :O Dont even know the result and write 10 essays again, what a trajic life :-( It has become an endless process !!

10 essays ??? You are only limit to 5 application I think. quit whining too much :P. At least you will get admitted into INSEAD

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2013, 10:52
Good luck to all those approaching interviews!

Just submitted my application for R3...bit worried about a below 70th percentile quant score (overall score of 650, 77th percentile) but hoping working as a finance manager as one of my consulting roles helps me show my quant abilities..will just see how it goes...what a process!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 01:06
Hi all,

Can someone plz share the deposit deadline for round 1 applicants?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Strategy
GMAT 1: Q V
WE: Business Development (Commercial Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 04:54
I think deadline is end of July so it's pretty much passed now
Manager
Manager
Concentration: International Business, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 06:42
Lorax001 wrote:
Hi all,

Can someone plz share the deposit deadline for round 1 applicants?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

was on 29th July

INSEAD 14D-the official FB group

here u go----------> https://www.facebook.com/groups/4795556 ... 3232124386 <---------------here u go

EPIC!!

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 09:51
Can someone please tell me what are the chances to get in if both interview went average ? My motivation level for Schol essays would depend a lot on that.

Ducceus: Each essay has 2 questions minimum.

ducceus wrote:
docks007 wrote:

10 essays ??? You are only limit to 5 application I think. quit whining too much :P. At least you will get admitted into INSEAD
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 09:52
docks007 wrote:
Can someone please tell me what are the chances to get in if both interview went average ? My motivation level for Schol essays would depend a lot on that.

Ducceus: Each essay has 2 questions minimum.

ducceus wrote:
docks007 wrote:

You will get in. Wanna bet ?

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2013, 09:55
Had my 2nd interview today. A pleasant experience.

3 Why's

Long term goal.
Long term personal goal.
Go back to India ever
Plan for 12 months in INSEAD
financing
why Singy campus
Leadership experience and style
etc.
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 31 Jul 2013, 09:55