Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1187 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

I would suggest, you write a mail to the ad com with your query. They generally reply back in a day or two.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am losing my head answering the essays! :?: :?: :?:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks to the creator of this thread. Been waiting for long to see this thread and connect with potential classmates. I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons. I would be glad to share my experience if anyone here needs some insight into how things happen. In my opinion all the information needed is made available in INSEAD's website, but I sure will be able to share my perspective of things. Glad to meet y'all and good luck with your application process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
Thanks to the creator of this thread. Been waiting for long to see this thread and connect with potential classmates. I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons. I would be glad to share my experience if anyone here needs some insight into how things happen. In my opinion all the information needed is made available in INSEAD's website, but I sure will be able to share my perspective of things. Glad to meet y'all and good luck with your application process.

Coool... I wish I could say that I am in as well..
Congratulations, and I will definitely be asking you for help if that is ok with you. :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBAPassionate86 wrote:

Congrats and thanks. I must say I envy you quite a bit ;-)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons.

It's a pity you couldn't join last year. But a deferral is sooo much better than being a re-applicant.

Somebody else I know was in a similar situation, but didn't get a deferral and had to re-apply.

Like most INSEAD students, if you are targetting consulting jobs, you might find this post (by a former BCG consultant) interesting --> INSEAD MBA grad’s tips on getting management consulting jobs.

Good luck to you for next year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE:General Management (Consulting)
Send PM
Any of you folks using any guides (clear admit/ stacy blackman etc.) for INSEAD essays? The youtube video (search: INSEAD MBA -- Admissions insights) is pretty insightful about what INSEAD is looking for but if anyone knows any detailed guides, please share the sources!

Admits/ Alums - please pitch in with your insights on what INSEAD looks for, and how to present them (where) in the essays. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
ramachaitanya wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

I would suggest, you write a mail to the ad com with your query. They generally reply back in a day or two.

Guys,
Got the answer from AdCom. There is no need to submit any additional letter. the fact that I have studied in India is sufficient to prove that mode of instruction was English. Hope that helps..!!

Also, I have another query with regards to sending GMAT scores.

a) When I gave GMAT exam (3 times in past 3 years), each time I mentioned INSEAD as one of the 5 institutes to which my scores should be sent. In that case, do I need to do anything extra to send the scores.
b) Is there a way for me to know/check if INSEAD has received all scores..?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi all,
I would like to know if anyone has taken the GRE or has an idea on acceptable GRE scores when applying to INSEAD MBA.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
neerz wrote:
ramachaitanya wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Guys,
Got the answer from AdCom. There is no need to submit any additional letter. the fact that I have studied in India is sufficient to prove that mode of instruction was English. Hope that helps..!!

Also, I have another query with regards to sending GMAT scores.

a) When I gave GMAT exam (3 times in past 3 years), each time I mentioned INSEAD as one of the 5 institutes to which my scores should be sent. In that case, do I need to do anything extra to send the scores.
b) Is there a way for me to know/check if INSEAD has received all scores..?

Thanks,
Neeraj

That's nice... Thanks for the info Neeraj... Helps me too!
I think you can check what all schools got your scores in mba.com.. I dont think you need to do anything extra for the score reports if you have got mails from GMAC confirming that they have sent the reports to the schools you have mentioned before your GMAT.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 274 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
WE:Account Management (Other)
Send PM
I'm in there like swimwear for R1!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi,

I am also applying in R1 jan 14 intake. I have a query. Do we need to submit only the final year marksheet and Degree certificate or do we have to submit all the markseets ? Like other engineer applicants, I have 8 marksheets (engineering 8 semesters), hence was wondering what to submit.

Another query : If all the marksheets are in English, do we still need to get it attested by a government official?

Cheers,
Eki
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2217 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
I have registered for the In-House event on 22nd March at the Fontainebleau campus. Is anyone else attending?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
all aboard the struggle bus
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
I'm on board too

The Insead app looks pretty horrendous compared to others, made me gulp looking at it first time!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.51
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kohsamed wrote:
I'm on board too

The Insead app looks pretty horrendous compared to others, made me gulp looking at it first time!

yeah... thankfully i'm only applying for one school.

hope to have first drafts done this weekend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi guys,
I had a look over the forum but could not find the recommendation questions for the January 2014 intake. Could someone post them here please ? I'll be shooting for R2.
Quick profile : 27 yo, Gmat 750 (Q50, V42), 3 years in Investment Banking, International experience (7+ years across Europe, Asia and Africa)

Best of luck for everyone !
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  134   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts