Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Aug 2014, 20:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 12

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 20:25
Neeraj -- To my knowledge, if you hold an Indian degree taught entirely in English, you do not need to provide any other supporting document.
Director
Director
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin - Wash U - Class of 2015
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 353 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2013, 21:58
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Yes, there is usually a mode of instruction letter from university/college that you'd get (usually from dean's office). Otherwise there is no way for adcoms to know if the degree was taught entirely in english.
Upload that letter with ur degree..
Good luck! ( even though u r a potential competition :P )

Lets Kudos!!! ;-)
Black Friday Debrief

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Leadership
WE: Project Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2013, 13:23
Hello All,
Count me in. Currently working on my essays. Seems a daunting task.
Best of luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2013, 05:49
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

I am applying in R1 and have a question related to admission form. I have a query regarding admission form of the regular 10 month MBA course at INSEAD. My native language is not English but the mode of instruction for my entire university degree for all subjects was English. All my mark sheets and certificate of the 4 year university course are also in English. In such a case, do I need to submit a separate certificate/letter from university certifying the same or mentioning the same in the app form will suffice. Specifically asking this as I see the below sentence in your website " You need to submit a transcript which indicates that the curriculum was entirely taught in English".

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

I would suggest, you write a mail to the ad com with your query. They generally reply back in a day or two.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2013, 22:52
I am losing my head answering the essays! :?: :?: :?:
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 5

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:02
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks to the creator of this thread. Been waiting for long to see this thread and connect with potential classmates. I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons. I would be glad to share my experience if anyone here needs some insight into how things happen. In my opinion all the information needed is made available in INSEAD's website, but I sure will be able to share my perspective of things. Glad to meet y'all and good luck with your application process.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:10
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
Thanks to the creator of this thread. Been waiting for long to see this thread and connect with potential classmates. I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons. I would be glad to share my experience if anyone here needs some insight into how things happen. In my opinion all the information needed is made available in INSEAD's website, but I sure will be able to share my perspective of things. Glad to meet y'all and good luck with your application process.

Coool... I wish I could say that I am in as well..
Congratulations, and I will definitely be asking you for help if that is ok with you. :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2013, 10:34
MBAPassionate86 wrote:

Congrats and thanks. I must say I envy you quite a bit ;-)
2 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 26

Kudos [?]: 48 [2] , given: 9

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 09:03
This post received
KUDOS
MBAPassionate86 wrote:
I got admitted into INSEAD in R3 for the class of Dec '13 (starting Jan '13) but had to defer it for the class of Dec '14 (starting Jan '14) for personal reasons.

It's a pity you couldn't join last year. But a deferral is sooo much better than being a re-applicant.

Somebody else I know was in a similar situation, but didn't get a deferral and had to re-apply.

Like most INSEAD students, if you are targetting consulting jobs, you might find this post (by a former BCG consultant) interesting --> INSEAD MBA grad’s tips on getting management consulting jobs.

Good luck to you for next year.

Sameer Kamat | Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: General Management (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2013, 21:14
Any of you folks using any guides (clear admit/ stacy blackman etc.) for INSEAD essays? The youtube video (search: INSEAD MBA -- Admissions insights) is pretty insightful about what INSEAD is looking for but if anyone knows any detailed guides, please share the sources!

Admits/ Alums - please pitch in with your insights on what INSEAD looks for, and how to present them (where) in the essays. Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 09:49
This post received
KUDOS
ramachaitanya wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

I would suggest, you write a mail to the ad com with your query. They generally reply back in a day or two.

Guys,
Got the answer from AdCom. There is no need to submit any additional letter. the fact that I have studied in India is sufficient to prove that mode of instruction was English. Hope that helps..!!

Also, I have another query with regards to sending GMAT scores.

a) When I gave GMAT exam (3 times in past 3 years), each time I mentioned INSEAD as one of the 5 institutes to which my scores should be sent. In that case, do I need to do anything extra to send the scores.
b) Is there a way for me to know/check if INSEAD has received all scores..?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Anyone took GRE for Jan'14 app? [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 11:46
Hi all,
I would like to know if anyone has taken the GRE or has an idea on acceptable GRE scores when applying to INSEAD MBA.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD - CALLING ALL APPLICANTS - JANUARY 2014 INTAKE [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2013, 22:45
neerz wrote:
ramachaitanya wrote:
neerz wrote:
Hey All,

Pls clarify/correct.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Guys,
Got the answer from AdCom. There is no need to submit any additional letter. the fact that I have studied in India is sufficient to prove that mode of instruction was English. Hope that helps..!!

Also, I have another query with regards to sending GMAT scores.

a) When I gave GMAT exam (3 times in past 3 years), each time I mentioned INSEAD as one of the 5 institutes to which my scores should be sent. In that case, do I need to do anything extra to send the scores.
b) Is there a way for me to know/check if INSEAD has received all scores..?

Thanks,
Neeraj

That's nice... Thanks for the info Neeraj... Helps me too!
I think you can check what all schools got your scores in mba.com.. I dont think you need to do anything extra for the score reports if you have got mails from GMAC confirming that they have sent the reports to the schools you have mentioned before your GMAT.
Manager
Manager
WE: Account Management (Other)

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 34

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2013, 09:42
I'm in there like swimwear for R1!

In the study cave!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2013, 22:05
Hi,

I am also applying in R1 jan 14 intake. I have a query. Do we need to submit only the final year marksheet and Degree certificate or do we have to submit all the markseets ? Like other engineer applicants, I have 8 marksheets (engineering 8 semesters), hence was wondering what to submit.

Another query : If all the marksheets are in English, do we still need to get it attested by a government official?

Cheers,
Eki
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 74

CAT Tests
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 08:47
I have registered for the In-House event on 22nd March at the Fontainebleau campus. Is anyone else attending?

My GMAT debrief: from-620-to-710-my-gmat-journey-114437.html

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q V0
GPA: 3.51
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Mar 2013, 16:31
all aboard the struggle bus

אױ װײ

INSEAD 14D -> 15D

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 00:21
I'm on board too

The Insead app looks pretty horrendous compared to others, made me gulp looking at it first time!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 780 Q V0
GPA: 3.51
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2013, 14:06
Kohsamed wrote:
I'm on board too

The Insead app looks pretty horrendous compared to others, made me gulp looking at it first time!

yeah... thankfully i'm only applying for one school.

hope to have first drafts done this weekend.

אױ װײ

INSEAD 14D -> 15D

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2013, 15:06
Hi guys,
I had a look over the forum but could not find the recommendation questions for the January 2014 intake. Could someone post them here please ? I'll be shooting for R2.
Quick profile : 27 yo, Gmat 750 (Q50, V42), 3 years in Investment Banking, International experience (7+ years across Europe, Asia and Africa)

Best of luck for everyone !
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2013, 15:06