Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:01
2 Questions:

1 How many South African Students have been admitted?

2 Any advice on how best to prepare for the interviews?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:05
Most of the people suggest not to prepare a lot which is true as its very conversational.

Clear Admit is simply the best source. People have shared the experiences in detail and that will give you a very good idea. Just go through it and you ll be good to go.

http://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... ol/insead/

TheTommygun911 wrote:
2 Questions:

1 How many South African Students have been admitted?

2 Any advice on how best to prepare for the interviews?

Last edited by docks007 on 17 Sep 2013, 01:06, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:06
Going to be tough for Indians. Its already 49, although people say they go a bit beyond 10%.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 82
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:34
docks007 wrote:
Going to be tough for Indians. Its already 49, although people say they go a bit beyond 10%.

assuming class strength of 510 this year. 10% is 51. already it is 49 so remaining 2 seats will be for round 3 people. no wonder interview call for Indians in round 3 was comparatively less. unless INSEAD increases class strength or increases % of Indians in class, making it from waitlist looks impossible.
can someone tell me totally how many people are there in MBA connect?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:56
Just checked the numbers for 13D and 14J. In 13D there were 76 Indians and in 14J , 61 Indians. So you still have all the chances if you are a preferred candidate in the waitlist.

I have no clue on other stats Do try your best by talking to previous waitlist students.

sriram18 wrote:
docks007 wrote:
Going to be tough for Indians. Its already 49, although people say they go a bit beyond 10%.

assuming class strength of 510 this year. 10% is 51. already it is 49 so remaining 2 seats will be for round 3 people. no wonder interview call for Indians in round 3 was comparatively less. unless INSEAD increases class strength or increases % of Indians in class, making it from waitlist looks impossible.
can someone tell me totally how many people are there in MBA connect?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 01:57
In case anyone is curious to go through this forum dont go beyond page 55, its all useless stuff.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 82
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 02:31
thanks docks007. that's an encouraging piece of news. i assume the figures you have quoted includes Indians with dual nationalities. 137 Indians out of 1024 students is around 13%. i hope the figure stays the same this year too.
I am unable to get contact details of students who were waitlisted last year. And the people whom i contacted aren't responding.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 02:38
Yeah. It includes all. I know last yr ppl are way too busy to respond
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2012
Posts: 82
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 02:58
docks007 wrote:
Yeah. It includes all. I know last yr ppl are way too busy to respond

yeah i can understand. the coursework is hectic for them i guess.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 04:57
ducceus wrote:
ceekay2 wrote:
Hello All,
i m a lebanese R3 candidate, and I have been preselected for interview.
Is it possible to know the number of admitted lebanese until now?
Thanks and wishing luck for everyone!


Lebanese :16 records


Hi, anyone has the numbers for Indonesian admitted ? Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 05:00
1

h0wi3 wrote:
ducceus wrote:
ceekay2 wrote:
Hello All,
i m a lebanese R3 candidate, and I have been preselected for interview.
Is it possible to know the number of admitted lebanese until now?
Thanks and wishing luck for everyone!


Lebanese :16 records


Hi, anyone has the numbers for Indonesian admitted ? Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 13:29
anyone working on scholarship essays? need a source of inspiration! and R1's R2's here who can guide? :)
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2013, 14:43
leenrosa wrote:
anyone working on scholarship essays? need a source of inspiration! and R1's R2's here who can guide? :)


send me a private message about which scholarship, I can give you some pointer

_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 01:11
Dude, guide me. Have been rejected by prodigy :-(

ducceus wrote:
leenrosa wrote:
anyone working on scholarship essays? need a source of inspiration! and R1's R2's here who can guide? :)


send me a private message about which scholarship, I can give you some pointer
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Sep 2013, 15:41
Hi Guys,

Any count on Kenyans admitted for R3?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 04:48
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 05:37
robertlau wrote:
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).


July 2013 class start 3 weeks ago, bro. Are you 14D now ?

_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 135
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 06:28
robertlau wrote:
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).


Congrats!!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 11:46
Got the seat then again waitlist and then again got the seat ? So ultimately what you have gained is extra months at hand to prepare everything ? Thats cool.
robertlau wrote:
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 21:42
docks007 wrote:
Got the seat then again waitlist and then again got the seat ? So ultimately what you have gained is extra months at hand to prepare everything ? Thats cool.
robertlau wrote:
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).


Precisely.

Got 4 months time to prepare.

Appreciate INSEAD Adcom's great consideration and understanding.
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 19 Sep 2013, 21:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Calling all INSEAD MBA applicants for January 2015 Intake! INSEADadmissions 13 28 Apr 2014, 18:20
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
87 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 946 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants talk2vj 1178 30 Jun 2011, 11:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  108   109   110   111   112  ...  134    Next  [ 2673 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.