Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 08:06

Hurry Up:

Last day of registration for Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 May 2011
Posts: 32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2013, 21:43
ducceus wrote:
robertlau wrote:
In!

Off waitlist from R1 July 2013 (previously offered a seat in Late July for Aug intake).


July 2013 class start 3 weeks ago, bro. Are you 14D now ?


Yeh, kinda delayed from July13 to Jan14
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.79
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2013, 17:03
1
This post received
KUDOS
My first post!
I am in! Off waitlist from R2! Excited!! Cant wait to meet all of you!
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 08:09
Any R3's do their interviews yet? this board got awfully quiet suddenly :)

Duc, can you tell us the updated total number on MBA connect?

Merci!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 09:28
leenrosa wrote:
Any R3's do their interviews yet? this board got awfully quiet suddenly :)

Duc, can you tell us the updated total number on MBA connect?

Merci!


Yes, ma'am !!!! Here it is: 417 records. You guys should pay me for this lol

Iran: 3
Jordan: 0
Iraq: 0
Israeli: 5
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 135
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 09:33
ducceus wrote:
leenrosa wrote:
Any R3's do their interviews yet? this board got awfully quiet suddenly :)

Duc, can you tell us the updated total number on MBA connect?

Merci!


Yes, ma'am !!!! Here it is: 417 records. You guys should pay me for this lol

Iran: 3
Jordan: 0
Iraq: 0
Israeli: 5



Thanks Duc Dao!!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 09:43
1
This post received
KUDOS
fafelu1 wrote:
ducceus wrote:
leenrosa wrote:
Any R3's do their interviews yet? this board got awfully quiet suddenly :)

Duc, can you tell us the updated total number on MBA connect?

Merci!


Yes, ma'am !!!! Here it is: 417 records. You guys should pay me for this lol

Iran: 3
Jordan: 0
Iraq: 0
Israeli: 5



Thanks Duc Dao!!


Shyt, my secret identity has been revealed. Now i have to kill you
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 135
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 09:46
Oh snap.....i guess now i have to go into hiding........
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 10:26
thanks duc!

wow - 417 records... does that mean theres only 83 seats left for all R3's? scary :P
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 10:41
leenrosa wrote:
thanks duc!

wow - 417 records... does that mean theres only 83 seats left for all R3's? scary :P


13D promotion: 558 records
14 J Promotion: 507 records

I can't find any information on 13J since MBAconnect doesn't give me this, so maybe they take more people in December intake than July intake. There are hope.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 05:52
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all, just finish 2 interviews today and wanna share some experience for those who are preparing for the interview. Actually I haven't prepared for it and just searched out some background of 2 interviewers. The first one is group L&OD director of Standard Charter Bank. He is so nice and ask me to tell him what I want him to know about me. Then I introduced my background, working experience, hobby, strength & weakness etc. Seems all the regular questions were integrated in this section like why MBA and why Insead (the program strength and downside). Ask me why I want to go aboard and what's the favorite city I want to work and live. After that, he switched to Mandarin to talk more about his Insead experience and let me know some work of him.

The second one is L'Oreal Paris Marketing guy, he is so familiar with marketing function and asked me why I change jobs and switch function, what I have learnt from that. very detail oriented and sometime challenge my thinking and ideas. I've asked him what he suffered and what's the most valuable thing during Insead program. International exposure is quite important I think.

Hope it helps. Good luck to other R3 candidates and myself as well.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 23 Aug 2013
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 15:30
bensonzhsl wrote:
Hi all, just finish 2 interviews today and wanna share some experience for those who are preparing for the interview. Actually I haven't prepared for it and just searched out some background of 2 interviewers. The first one is group L&OD director of Standard Charter Bank. He is so nice and ask me to tell him what I want him to know about me. Then I introduced my background, working experience, hobby, strength & weakness etc. Seems all the regular questions were integrated in this section like why MBA and why Insead (the program strength and downside). Ask me why I want to go aboard and what's the favorite city I want to work and live. After that, he switched to Mandarin to talk more about his Insead experience and let me know some work of him.

The second one is L'Oreal Paris Marketing guy, he is so familiar with marketing function and asked me why I change jobs and switch function, what I have learnt from that. very detail oriented and sometime challenge my thinking and ideas. I've asked him what he suffered and what's the most valuable thing during Insead program. International exposure is quite important I think.

Hope it helps. Good luck to other R3 candidates and myself as well.



congrats on completing your interviews! I am wondering what the % of acceptance after interviews. I hope it's a high %!!! Good luck to R3's... i think we are like 3 or 4 on this board
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 15:43
leenrosa wrote:
bensonzhsl wrote:
Hi all, just finish 2 interviews today and wanna share some experience for those who are preparing for the interview. Actually I haven't prepared for it and just searched out some background of 2 interviewers. The first one is group L&OD director of Standard Charter Bank. He is so nice and ask me to tell him what I want him to know about me. Then I introduced my background, working experience, hobby, strength & weakness etc. Seems all the regular questions were integrated in this section like why MBA and why Insead (the program strength and downside). Ask me why I want to go aboard and what's the favorite city I want to work and live. After that, he switched to Mandarin to talk more about his Insead experience and let me know some work of him.

The second one is L'Oreal Paris Marketing guy, he is so familiar with marketing function and asked me why I change jobs and switch function, what I have learnt from that. very detail oriented and sometime challenge my thinking and ideas. I've asked him what he suffered and what's the most valuable thing during Insead program. International exposure is quite important I think.

Hope it helps. Good luck to other R3 candidates and myself as well.



congrats on completing your interviews! I am wondering what the % of acceptance after interviews. I hope it's a high %!!! Good luck to R3's... i think we are like 3 or 4 on this board



I feel like an ancient. I am R1 , and i still and around this forum :P
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2013, 22:10
ducceus wrote:

I feel like an ancient. I am R1 , and i still and around this forum :P


Ducceus,

on the behalf of all R2 and R3 applicants, want to say thank you for accompanying us. We would have feel lonely and no direction without you. thank you for your time and all the information you provided.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 00:05
Hi,
Do you know what is the total number of applicants to INSEAD MBA each year? What is % of admits? Is there a real competition?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 03:52
sunzhilin wrote:
ducceus wrote:

I feel like an ancient. I am R1 , and i still and around this forum :P


Ducceus,

on the behalf of all R2 and R3 applicants, want to say thank you for accompanying us. We would have feel lonely and no direction without you. thank you for your time and all the information you provided.


Dear Sun,

I have INSEAD alumni who help me throughout the application process. This is just one of the way I repay my debt to these helps. If accepted, you will see that a typical INSEAD alumni are willing to help you out, some goes to great length to do so. This is the spirit of INSEAD, and I am just carry on the tradition. This is how INSEAD built a great community.If I can help INSEAD accept great people, I will do so accordingly. After all, one of the admission criteria is testing you for your "Ability to contribute"

That's said, within the facebook group, I have other helpful info that get admitted students smooth their transition process at INSEAD. I am looking forward to see you guys there :)
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 03:54
Aila12345 wrote:
Hi,
Do you know what is the total number of applicants to INSEAD MBA each year? What is % of admits? Is there a real competition?


Hey bro,

INSEAD does not publish this information. There are some info floating out there on the internet about the admission rate is about 25%, but this is just speculation. There are some real competition. If you take some time and troll this forum, Just take a look into the previous year waitlist, and you will see that there are some people with great profile got waitlist for various reasons.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 03:57
Haha :lol: Competition is very low here.

Aila12345 wrote:
Hi,
Do you know what is the total number of applicants to INSEAD MBA each year? What is % of admits? Is there a real competition?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 18 Apr 2013
Posts: 149
Location: United Kingdom
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 04:00
True that. Another heads up for R3 folks who dont have rich family or high savings, start working towards preparing for finance. Its not easy!

sunzhilin wrote:
ducceus wrote:

I feel like an ancient. I am R1 , and i still and around this forum :P


Ducceus,

on the behalf of all R2 and R3 applicants, want to say thank you for accompanying us. We would have feel lonely and no direction without you. thank you for your time and all the information you provided.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 05 Sep 2013
Posts: 5
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.79
WE: General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 07:17
ducceus wrote:
Aila12345 wrote:
Hi,
Do you know what is the total number of applicants to INSEAD MBA each year? What is % of admits? Is there a real competition?


Hey bro,

INSEAD does not publish this information. There are some info floating out there on the internet about the admission rate is about 25%, but this is just speculation. There are some real competition. If you take some time and troll this forum, Just take a look into the previous year waitlist, and you will see that there are some people with great profile got waitlist for various reasons.


Fully agree with Duc. If I may add, INSEAD is definitely one that stands proud on their international mix. Which certainly mean that nationality and profile plays a lot when forming a class. Coming off the R2 waitlist myself, the experience tells me that it is best to have a unique profile amongst fellow applicants apart from just a great one.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 15 Jun 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2013, 22:36
Hi. Ducceus!

Please let us know the total number of admited
Russian
Ukrain
Belorussian
Kazakh
Armenian
Georgian
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Sep 2013, 22:36
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 45 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants talk2vj 1178 30 Jun 2011, 11:33
Sticky, new posts 76 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 902 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
Popular new posts 4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
Popular new posts 1 Experts publish their posts in the topic IE MBA April 2014 intake: Calling all applicants souvik101990 16 26 Aug 2013, 04:53
Sticky, new posts 2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  134    Next  [ 2673 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.