Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 06:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '15
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 12:06
whwarg wrote:
AmineCHABBI wrote:
@LiverpoolFC , I more than concurr : Alumni reco do NOT substitute for customer or supervisor reco , this is something I discussed with the INSEAD people on their IHE ; I would strongly suggest current or just previous employer is a MUST HAVE. Alumni reco that has no direct biz connections with you is only good as the "third" recommendation : a friend who has followed your complete career, a mentor, or a faculty member with whom you've had some exchanges during your POST-school life.
Cheers,

A

And would it help if the official Recommendation Letter comes from a former client (from a consulting project) that happens to be also an INSEAD alumnus?

That is the epitomic "cherry on the cake" and Will bring good creds to the testimony.

A.C.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.44
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 12:11
I am in a very strong confusion on recos. From my previous company(management consulting) where I worked for 3 years I have several people willing to give me very good reco. In my current company I have just spent 7 months and I report to a global director. Do you think its completely fine if I give both reco from previous employer ? I think I can make a good overall app and dont want to lose any chance because of some foolishness on reco front.

Last edited by docks007 on 25 Jun 2013, 15:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Jan '15
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V46
WE: Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 12:30
Hi docks, first off let appologize for not having answeredyour earlier question on the Link and questions faccility: When I asked INSEAD, they said the recommender would have to create password, then fill in à clear id-type page, then proceed to à two-fold recommandation : a competence matrix where he grades you, then some for of open question that puisses him/her to give a written testimony. If I may suggest, what's important is not what the question is but rather how Wellington does your recommander knows you, and how relevant is the period and context he met you in to demonstrate the qualities and behaviors useful to an mba and beyond.
Now, this being said, I was told (Still insead but feel Free to ask them) they understand that in some cases, it might be not possible to get recommended from one's current employer : they might be in conflict or not supporting your move.

IMHO, I think what's important is that your recommandation some how checks with your prête ses in the essays, particularly the ones where they ask you about your character, your successes, your reaction in the face of failure. If you describe yourself as having saved the day for the firm, then it is reasonable to expect as much coming from whomever witnessed it. In a phrase : when It comes to recommandations, relevance an significance outweigh recency.

Hôte this helps.
Cheers,
A.C.

P.S.: sorry if you find silly typos, the langage & autocorrection are set wrong, it's driving me crazy, too.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 May 2013, 14:33
Kohsamed wrote:
I have Valerie but not heard a thing...

Always thought I had a low chnace at Insead for various reasons, certainly not looking good!!!

I wouldn't take that as a bad sign. The deadline is still 2 weeks away; maybe they read applications in batches and inform candidates at the end of every batch..

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 00:33
I had similar concern about the recos. My current manager would not support my decision. INSEAD representative at one of the MBA fairs suggested I should ask any other senior manager in my company, who also knows me well, to provide a reco. He also advised to comment on my choice of recommenders in the opional essay. That's exacly what I did.

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q V0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 02:03
Guys! Just wonder where you all found your coordinators. Coz I don't see any coordinator profile in my application tracker! Pl help me out on this. New to the forum :) ! Insead Jan14 R1 applicant! Havnt heard anything yet!
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 02:06
spearo1907 wrote:
Kohsamed wrote:

Always thought I had a low chnace at Insead for various reasons, certainly not looking good!!!

I wouldn't take that as a bad sign. The deadline is still 2 weeks away; maybe they read applications in batches and inform candidates at the end of every batch..

Good luck!

Can't find who my coordinator is! can somebody shed some light? Where in the tracker can I see my coordinator profile? Or does she/he mail u up individually? how do you all know ur coordinators? Guys Pl help coz i'm confused!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 02:08
ssn30 wrote:
spearo1907 wrote:
Kohsamed wrote:

Good luck!

Can't find who my coordinator is! can somebody shed some light? Where in the tracker can I see my coordinator profile? Or does she/he mail u up individually? how do you all know ur coordinators? Guys Pl help coz i'm confused!

If you applied by the deadline you should have gotten an email about your application being complete by now. Your coordinator is the one who sent you that email. Check your spam folder, and if it's not there you should get in touch with admissions.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 02:46
If you applied by the deadline you should have gotten an email about your application being complete by now. Your coordinator is the one who sent you that email. Check your spam folder, and if it's not there you should get in touch with admissions.[/quote]

I got her from the spam folder! SH/HS. Has anyone got any news from her?
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.8

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 03:13
Will hear from SH13th onwards till 17th

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 08:07
Hi Joey,

Thanks for the update. You are making that assumption based on her out of office reply or you have specific information. Your reply will comfort lot of people here :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 08:54
This post received
KUDOS
Hi
I spoke to somebody at admissions and they said once she comes we will hear our verdict and we can even hear as late as 17th afternoon. Obviously this doesn't account for unforeseen circumstances such as some1 else gives out our results or if SH returns earlier.
Hope that helps xx

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 08:57
Thanks Joey.

Really appreciate your quick revert.
Intern
Intern
WE: Business Development (Other)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 11:57
Hi all,

I'm a bit late to post, but I received an interview invite from CT on 4/30. I'm based in the States and looking forward to receiving my interviewers' info within a few days. Best wishes to those still awaiting an interview notification!
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 May 2013, 15:10
Fusion wrote:
Hi all,

I'm a bit late to post, but I received an interview invite from CT on 4/30. I'm based in the States and looking forward to receiving my interviewers' info within a few days. Best wishes to those still awaiting an interview notification!

Fusion, can you post your profile? Also, what state are you from ?

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 00:35
Guys with HS as coordinator, any luck ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 00:40
joey88 wrote:

Not for me. Another week of potentially no news ?
Manager
Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 00:44
SecondMBA wrote:
joey88 wrote:

Not for me. Another week of potentially no news ?

You reckon we give admissions a call or we just wait?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 01:06
with 2 public holidays in France this week, it makes it even more anxious to wait...

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 02:03
cyberhawk wrote:
with 2 public holidays in France this week, it makes it even more anxious to wait...

True. With 8th and 9th being holidays and 10th being an extended weekend Friday, its unlikely that we will get to hear before 13th now.
Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 06 May 2013, 02:03