Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 07:40
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus, what other schools did you consider or will consider in case of unfavorable outcome?


I only picked INSEAD this time around. I will consider LBS and Harvard. Their admission seasons is coming up. Harvard and LBS both have admission deadline late September Early October of this year. This would further delay my plan another year tho. So, I hope I don't have to get to that point.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 07:57
I might also consider NUS for Asia, but that is my last resort. I was actually contemplate between Business school and go out on my own and start something. Business will give me a more formal training while running a business will give me a the real life training.

For the running my own business option, I am 26 almost 27 now. So, if I run the business for 5 years, and it fails. I can start over at 30 something and still have that much experience. The con for this option is that I won't have the Biz school contact and network, but the pro is that if my business take off and I am rich. Who cares lol

For the Biz school option, I will have formal training for 1 year, and another 5-7 years working in IB or something similar. The con for this option is that it will delay my business plan, but will give me the network and contact that will help for later business.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 08:33
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 219
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 08:40
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest

if you count on scholarship, you would better apply in R1 and R2
_________________

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 219
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 08:42
cyberhawk wrote:
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest

if you count on scholarship, you would better apply in R1 and R2


and it applies not only to Indian candidates
_________________

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:17
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest


First of all, Male, Indian, Engineer is competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend R3. Either R2 for Jan 2014 or If you need more time, apply for R1 Sep 2014
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Apr 2013
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:33
ducceus wrote:
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest


First of all, Male, Indian, Engineer is competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend R3. Either R2 for Jan 2014 or If you need more time, apply for R1 Sep 2014


Thanks for the reply..But the R2 deadline for Jan'14 (12th June) is already over. and i prefer Jan because it includes the internship which is important incase of the career switch.

Please Suggest.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:42
sumitahuja wrote:
ducceus wrote:
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest


First of all, Male, Indian, Engineer is competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend R3. Either R2 for Jan 2014 or If you need more time, apply for R1 Sep 2014


Thanks for the reply..But the R2 deadline for Jan'14 (12th June) is already over. and i prefer Jan because it includes the internship which is important incase of the career switch.

Please Suggest.


Well

Pros:
1. Internship for career switch
2. Starting in Jan 2014.

Cons
1. You are in a very competitive applicants pool. Keep in mind that by the time you apply, others Indian applicants already admit from R1 and R2, which will increase the competitiveness.
2. Harder to apply for scholarship

Post your profile, and I can comment on it.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 49
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:45
sumitahuja wrote:
ducceus wrote:
sumitahuja wrote:
Hi

I want to know if it would be wise decision to apply for Jan'14 intake in R3. I am an indian applicant.
Does INSEAD consider all the rounds equally or for the international applicants the chances are less in R3.

Please suggest


First of all, Male, Indian, Engineer is competitive. So, I wouldn't recommend R3. Either R2 for Jan 2014 or If you need more time, apply for R1 Sep 2014


Thanks for the reply..But the R2 deadline for Jan'14 (12th June) is already over. and i prefer Jan because it includes the internship which is important incase of the career switch.

Please Suggest.


Your chance of acceptance is probably lower in R3 even though the total acceptance rate is the same in all rounds. Unless you got an unique profile it's likely that someone with very similar profiles are already accepted. In addition to scholarship, consider when you think you'll deliver the best app. How will another year of work look? Will it be another year of the same you are already doing or can you get some new valuable experiences? How old are you? If you're already well above 30 it might be better to get the app in this year. Can you improve the GMAT or EC activities during the next year?

Insead doesn't encourage reapplicants so make sure you give it your very best the first time.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 219
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:52
ducceus wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus, what other schools did you consider or will consider in case of unfavorable outcome?


I only picked INSEAD this time around. I will consider LBS and Harvard. Their admission seasons is coming up. Harvard and LBS both have admission deadline late September Early October of this year. This would further delay my plan another year tho. So, I hope I don't have to get to that point.


if dinged, I would have 2 threads of activities:
1) get to management consulting (although without MBA it would be somewhat stretch). if not successful then I
2) take a rest and try LBS, Oxford and may be some schools from the US (those news about Harvard requiring just one essay is really interesting), might consider IE as well. LBS is a good school, which is my 2nd choice because of program length. Oxford is weird - they require TOEFL ibt=110 while INSEAD and other top schools require only 105. I got 109 so if I get serious about Oxford, I have to retake. I wonder, what makes their academics different so that they require higher toefl?
_________________

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 09:55
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus, what other schools did you consider or will consider in case of unfavorable outcome?


I only picked INSEAD this time around. I will consider LBS and Harvard. Their admission seasons is coming up. Harvard and LBS both have admission deadline late September Early October of this year. This would further delay my plan another year tho. So, I hope I don't have to get to that point.


if dinged, I would have 2 threads of activities:
1) get to management consulting (although without MBA it would be somewhat stretch). if not successful then I
2) take a rest and try LBS, Oxford and may be some schools from the US (those news about Harvard requiring just one essay is really interesting), might consider IE as well. LBS is a good school, which is my 2nd choice because of program length. Oxford is weird - they require TOEFL ibt=110 while INSEAD and other top schools require only 105. I got 109 so if I get serious about Oxford, I have to retake. I wonder, what makes their academics different so that they require higher toefl?


Cyber,

What make you want to become an MC ?
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 219
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 10:02
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,

What make you want to become an MC ?


once I did it and enjoyed, it was in house consulting on the crossroads of operations and IT. then I went for 5 years in pure operations management. so now I see a natural step to combine both experiences and get to strategy consulting
_________________

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 10:11
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,

What make you want to become an MC ?


once I did it and enjoyed, it was in house consulting on the crossroads of operations and IT. then I went for 5 years in pure operations management. so now I see a natural step to combine both experiences and get to strategy consulting


One of my interviewer has a similar experience. He was a chemist working in operation management before INSEAD. After INSEAD, he worked for Mckinsey in Moscow Office and hate it. This is his experience though, but the common theme I asked about all former MC is that they feel like they spend endless time consulting the management, doing financial analysis, and for some reasons, the management decided to self the propose plan.

Most of the former consultants have this feeling like they do not do much impact, and sometime wasting their time to an extend. I did extensive research while weighting between MC and IB, and decide to go with IB for this reason. It boils down to 2 things when i talked/read about what former consultant and banker said

Consult: Give advice, but hardly ever implement-----> feel like a waste of time
Banker: Long hours, lack of work life balance (worse than consultant) ----> I can deal with long hours for a couple of years
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 219
Location: Ukraine
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V36
GPA: 4
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 25

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 10:28
ducceus wrote:
cyberhawk wrote:
ducceus wrote:
Cyber,

What make you want to become an MC ?


once I did it and enjoyed, it was in house consulting on the crossroads of operations and IT. then I went for 5 years in pure operations management. so now I see a natural step to combine both experiences and get to strategy consulting


One of my interviewer has a similar experience. He was a chemist working in operation management before INSEAD. After INSEAD, he worked for Mckinsey in Moscow Office and hate it. This is his experience though, but the common theme I asked about all former MC is that they feel like they spend endless time consulting the management, doing financial analysis, and for some reasons, the management decided to self the propose plan.

Most of the former consultants have this feeling like they do not do much impact, and sometime wasting their time to an extend. I did extensive research while weighting between MC and IB, and decide to go with IB for this reason. It boils down to 2 things when i talked/read about what former consultant and banker said

Consult: Give advice, but hardly ever implement-----> feel like a waste of time
Banker: Long hours, lack of work life balance (worse than consultant) ----> I can deal with long hours for a couple of years


I like MC more, because in IB or in finance in general one works only with abstract data, finance is a derivative of actual operations, while in MC one has a wider range of tasks, including observing actual operations on the shop floor
_________________

<--Facebook INSEAD JAN 14 Group-->

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479555605459482/

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 10:30
I do like the financial alchemy of Wall Street ;)
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
GPA: 3.3
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2013, 23:23
Any R2 guys heard back from an AC yet? If yes, what was the time period between your submission and their reply?

I'll be traveling for the next 15 days and will have limited phone network / Internet access. Just hoping they don't contact me requesting any supporting documents while ill be away.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2013
Posts: 37
GPA: 3.3
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 03:06
cyberhawk wrote:
vjhaveri wrote:
How long does it typically take for an Admissions Coordinator to reply if the file is complete or not?

I got the confirmation email after submitting my app, sent the payment and all the supporting docs have been uploaded but haven't heard from anyone yet (its been 4 business days).

vjhaveri


In my case it was 2 days after deadline passed. I also submitted a few days before the deadline.



Thanks cyberhawk. All the best!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 10:46
2 more weeks for R1 Jan 2014 folks. Godspeed and good luck, everyone.
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V36
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 12:27
Hi
I have received a confirmation mail from INSEAD that my R2 application is in order and all necessary documents are there. Hanny Stefanie is my coordinator. I submitted on 12th Jun and got the reply on 14th Jun... And Yes, her mail first landed in the SPAM..

Now, the wait starts...

Btw, does anyone have any idea what is the time period between interview call and the actual interviews? The reason I am asking is whether I should start preparing for them rightaway OR wait till the time there is interview confirmation from them.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Feb 2012
Posts: 488
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Other)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 20

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Jun 2013, 14:30
alphagmat wrote:
Hi
I have received a confirmation mail from INSEAD that my R2 application is in order and all necessary documents are there. Hanny Stefanie is my coordinator. I submitted on 12th Jun and got the reply on 14th Jun... And Yes, her mail first landed in the SPAM..

Now, the wait starts...

Btw, does anyone have any idea what is the time period between interview call and the actual interviews? The reason I am asking is whether I should start preparing for them rightaway OR wait till the time there is interview confirmation from them.


Look my signature and adjust your preparation accordingly
_________________

My INSEAD Application Time Line
Day 0: application submitted
Day 3: application confirm
Day 26: Pre-selected interview (Note: A bit earlier than other applicant in this forum.)
Day 40: Interview information
Day 50: First interview
Day 54: Second interview
Day 81: Admitted !!!!!

Re: INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2013, 14:30
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Calling all INSEAD MBA applicants for January 2015 Intake! INSEADadmissions 13 28 Apr 2014, 18:20
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
4 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
87 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 946 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
45 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants talk2vj 1178 30 Jun 2011, 11:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50  ...  134    Next  [ 2673 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.