Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 08:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Insead/LBS Professional help on essays?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Insead/LBS Professional help on essays? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 00:44
Guys,

Is there anyone here who has used professional help with polishing essays?
Are there perhaps 3-4 people who used the same service and actually succeeded in being admitted to INSEAD and/or LBS? THIS is exactly what I need. If I know at least 3 people on here who used the same service and succeeded, that's pretty telling - in my book.

I DON'T want US consultants who specialize in top US schools - I need people who specialize in European schools, specifically INSEAD / LBS. There are differences - both major as well as subtle and I need someone who helps on esays for these schools on a regular basis. These consultants could be anywhere in the world - I travel a lot.

Neither do I want a consultant who does essays for law/business/blah blah - the jack of all trade types are not the ones I'm looking for.

Thanks a LOT! I'd really appreciate the help.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 424 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
Re: Insead/LBS Professional help on essays? [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 01:16
I don't know of any consultants but just some general tips about LBS (and perhaps INSEAD) :

- They really value 'international' exposure and diversity - If you have good well traveled work experience, highlight it.

- LBS word limits are absolute killers - this means that they like succinct essays. This means you will need to remain to the point and absolutely cut to the chase from word one, no time for fancy intro - emotions or repetition to emphasize a point. I suppose they like people with the ability to write in a direct manner.

- LBS essay two asks very clearly about your long term plans. It means that you need to know what your career path will be well beyond your MBA. No if's or maybe's here .. you must have a very convincing story.

- LBS values what you will do once you are there within the community. So much so that they have an entire essay devoted to it. So think of some interesting things to do, not just your usual run of the mill stuff.

- Other than that, its just the usual stuff, know the strengths and weaknesses of both these programs and tailor your story as much as you can to each school.

Hope this helps. If you have some stuff already written down, I could glance over it - pm me.

cheers.

rk4g63 wrote:
Guys,

Is there anyone here who has used professional help with polishing essays?
Are there perhaps 3-4 people who used the same service and actually succeeded in being admitted to INSEAD and/or LBS? THIS is exactly what I need. If I know at least 3 people on here who used the same service and succeeded, that's pretty telling - in my book.

I DON'T want US consultants who specialize in top US schools - I need people who specialize in European schools, specifically INSEAD / LBS. There are differences - both major as well as subtle and I need someone who helps on esays for these schools on a regular basis. These consultants could be anywhere in the world - I travel a lot.

Neither do I want a consultant who does essays for law/business/blah blah - the jack of all trade types are not the ones I'm looking for.

Thanks a LOT! I'd really appreciate the help.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 07:48
Thanks for the tips. I'll send you my stuff in about a month. I'll have the first draft of INSEAD essays done by then. I really appreciate the help. :-D

I still want the professional help though - This is my last and best shot at getting in - pretty much make or break for me.

My GMAT is 710 (94 percentile), my bachelors degree is in engineering from India, my masters degree is in engineering from a top ten US school, and my GPA is high. In addition, I have about one year work experience in India and will have finished six years in the US in manufacturing and supply chain operations. I have 3 promotions along the way and I've worked both in industry as well as in consulting. I've been a six sigma black belt and been in management as well. I've outsourced entire product lines from the US and the UK to India, China, Brazil, Poland and Mexico.
So, I'm hoping my profile is different enough from the rest of the Indian guys - about 95% are in IT and I'm not. Basically, my opinion is, unless I f*** up my essays, I should be in. THAT's why I'm going balls to the wall on my essays - I don't want to regret that I didn't spend the money and time to ensure that it was done right.
CEO
CEO
Followers: 54

Kudos [?]: 424 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2007, 14:17
That sounds pretty good, and I would think that you have accumulated several interesting leadership stories to talk about along the way .... Most importantly what are your aims ? and why do you need an MBA to accompolish it ? and why LBS (or INSEAD) .

You are right in believing that you shouldn't have any issues attaining admission, as long as your essays are good. Again in the essays, try and talk about your most important experiences in depth (rather than glossing over than several experiences ) so think about what those are.

cheers.

rk4g63 wrote:
Thanks for the tips. I'll send you my stuff in about a month. I'll have the first draft of INSEAD essays done by then. I really appreciate the help. :-D

I still want the professional help though - This is my last and best shot at getting in - pretty much make or break for me.

My GMAT is 710 (94 percentile), my bachelors degree is in engineering from India, my masters degree is in engineering from a top ten US school, and my GPA is high. In addition, I have about one year work experience in India and will have finished six years in the US in manufacturing and supply chain operations. I have 3 promotions along the way and I've worked both in industry as well as in consulting. I've been a six sigma black belt and been in management as well. I've outsourced entire product lines from the US and the UK to India, China, Brazil, Poland and Mexico.
So, I'm hoping my profile is different enough from the rest of the Indian guys - about 95% are in IT and I'm not. Basically, my opinion is, unless I f*** up my essays, I should be in. THAT's why I'm going balls to the wall on my essays - I don't want to regret that I didn't spend the money and time to ensure that it was done right.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2007, 09:55
Thanks buddy!
  [#permalink] 16 Dec 2007, 09:55