I don't know of any consultants but just some general tips about LBS (and perhaps INSEAD) :
- They really value 'international' exposure and diversity - If you have good well traveled work experience, highlight it.
- LBS word limits are absolute killers - this means that they like succinct essays. This means you will need to remain to the point and absolutely cut to the chase from word one, no time for fancy intro - emotions or repetition to emphasize a point. I suppose they like people with the ability to write in a direct manner.
- LBS essay two asks very clearly about your long term plans. It means that you need to know what your career path will be well beyond your MBA. No if's or maybe's here .. you must have a very convincing story.
- LBS values what you will do once you are there within the community. So much so that they have an entire essay devoted to it. So think of some interesting things to do, not just your usual run of the mill stuff.
- Other than that, its just the usual stuff, know the strengths and weaknesses of both these programs and tailor your story as much as you can to each school.
Hope this helps. If you have some stuff already written down, I could glance over it - pm me.
Is there anyone here who has used professional help with polishing essays?
Are there perhaps 3-4 people who used the same service and actually succeeded in being admitted to INSEAD and/or LBS? THIS is exactly what I need. If I know at least 3 people on here who used the same service and succeeded, that's pretty telling - in my book.
I DON'T want US consultants who specialize in top US schools - I need people who specialize in European schools, specifically INSEAD / LBS. There are differences - both major as well as subtle and I need someone who helps on esays for these schools on a regular basis. These consultants could be anywhere in the world - I travel a lot.
Neither do I want a consultant who does essays for law/business/blah blah - the jack of all trade types are not the ones I'm looking for.
Thanks a LOT! I'd really appreciate the help.