Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 06:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Insead or LBS for opportunities in Brazil

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Insead or LBS for opportunities in Brazil [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 06:19
Hi everyone,

I am living one of the classic dilemmas of European schools. I have been accepted to Insead and am waiting for the LBS decision (September 2011 intake). The problem is that the LBS decision will come one day before the deadline for Insead's hefty initial deposit of EUR 5,000. By then I have to know which school I would like to attend. Having said that, I am doing research and talking to people to gather information to make my decision.

After the MBA I want to go to Brazil and was wondering which MBA would make this transition easier. In other words, which school has a wider network and brand name in Brazil.

I would appreciate opinions from the board.

Thanks and regards,

Last edited by mms on 18 Mar 2011, 01:44, edited 2 times in total.
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 178

Kudos [?]: 947 [0], given: 235

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Insead or LBS for opportunities in Brazil [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 07:57
I personally consider LBS > INSEAD. But it all depends upon lots of other factors too.

You may request INSEAD adcom to delay the date of submission of money by 1 week because of XYZ factors. I don't think its a big issue for them.

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Gmat test review :
670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Manager
Manager
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Insead or LBS for opportunities in Brazil [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2011, 08:49
Congratulation on your Insead admit. What a conflict of interest, one can almost assume that both programmes do this deliberately to manage their yields. :) You can try to:

1) Ask LBS for early decision by telling your deposit at Insead is due and you wish to make a decision with LBS outcome. Some programmes are sympathetic

2) Ask Insead for defered deposit

IMHO, strategy and industry in South America would point to Insead in terms of placement, alumni network, classes. What Swiss uni did you go to, the federal techs or one of the Kanton unis?
Re: Insead or LBS for opportunities in Brazil   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2011, 08:49