Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 22:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: P.Eng, Toastmasters CC
Schools: INSEAD (accepted), Kellogg (RD 2)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 07:21
I didn't think I would be posting on this forum but my day has finally come! I've been a long-time follower of this forum but never got a chance to get involved. Hopefully this will change moving forward. :)

I received a call yesterday from A-MB. I will be starting in Singapore campus. Looking forward to meet those who will be starting at Singapore! On the other note, I was thinking about attending Fontainebleau campus for Open Day. I thought this would give me the opportunity to see the Europe campus, check out Paris :-D , and also network with wider fellow students who won't be starting at Singapore. Anyone doing the same (visiting the non-starting campus for Open Day)? It made more sense to me since I know I will be spending time at Singapore.

Profile: M/29/Korean-Canadian/Location Toronto/GMAT 730/7yrs WE/Telecom/LOW GPA/Extensive EC+Volunteering
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Class of July 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 07:58
pstyle wrote:
I didn't think I would be posting on this forum but my day has finally come! I've been a long-time follower of this forum but never got a chance to get involved. Hopefully this will change moving forward. :)

I received a call yesterday from A-MB. I will be starting in Singapore campus. Looking forward to meet those who will be starting at Singapore! On the other note, I was thinking about attending Fontainebleau campus for Open Day. I thought this would give me the opportunity to see the Europe campus, check out Paris :-D , and also network with wider fellow students who won't be starting at Singapore. Anyone doing the same (visiting the non-starting campus for Open Day)? It made more sense to me since I know I will be spending time at Singapore.

Profile: M/29/Korean-Canadian/Location Toronto/GMAT 730/7yrs WE/Telecom/LOW GPA/Extensive EC+Volunteering

Congratulations. Looks like a few Torontonians got into INSEAD. We would find a time for a get-together.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Schools: INSEAD, ISB
WE 1: credit analyst 4yrs
WE 2: equity analyst 1yr
WE 3: tax associate 7months
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 08:03
jwangyue wrote:
pstyle wrote:

Congratulations. Looks like a few Torontonians got into INSEAD. We would find a time for a get-together.

hi jwangyue, i'd seen you on the waitlist thread and then found no update, has your status changed at INSEAD?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 08:15
Yes. I am in. Starting from Singapore
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 08:39
jwangyue wrote:

many congrats! would you like to share your profile and how long did it take to get off the list?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: P.Eng, Toastmasters CC
Schools: INSEAD (accepted), Kellogg (RD 2)

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 08:51
jwangyue wrote:
pstyle wrote:

Definitely. Let's keep in touch.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 10:20
addictive wrote:
jwangyue wrote:

many congrats! would you like to share your profile and how long did it take to get off the list?

I'm 29/M/Canadian Chinese/700 GMAT/6 WE as Sales in Finance

I got the notice of being wait-listed on the last day of round 1 decision date, Dec 16th.

Didn't do anything else, other than a lot of nail biting.

I got accepted on Friday Jan 28th.
Manager
Manager

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 11:05
jwangyue wrote:
addictive wrote:
jwangyue wrote:

I'm 29/M/Canadian Chinese/700 GMAT/6 WE as Sales in Finance

I got the notice of being wait-listed on the last day of round 1 decision date, Dec 16th.

Didn't do anything else, other than a lot of nail biting.

I got accepted on Friday Jan 28th.

thanks, that was helpful
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 58

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 12:30
New thread for the J'12 admits:

admitted-to-insead-class-of-july-109980.html
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2011, 15:34
Hi everyone, I am also from Toronto and admitted for September! I was so happy to get the call.... only to have my phone die right in the middle of Anne-Marie talking... Thankfully I heard the most important part - that I am in! I am starting in Singapore. Hope to meet you all soon.
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 05:30
No activity on the decision day :shock:

Looks like all decisions were released on Wed. Or are there still people on GC who have not heard back from INSEAD?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 07:09
thfc wrote:
Bad news from my side....just got DINGED! Oh well, looking at the bright side - they let me know early enough and I didn't waste another few days waiting. Those who're interested - I'm in the Middle East and my coordinator was IR.

Happy for all the guys and girls who made it - good luck to everyone. And hope the ones still waiting get positive news soon.

Time to look forward to LBS and Judge.

Sorry to hear this thfc. Can you please just let me know where are you from?
thx
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 08:04
Still haven't heard anything...
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 22:28
Why this forum is dead?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 23:52
MBAdreamchaser wrote:
Why this forum is dead?

All the folks have transferred to MBA Connect and FB
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 14:25
Why is this forum completely dead? No R3 applicants? Isnt R3 deadline tomorrow.....
Manager
Manager
Schools: HKUST, INSEAD
WE 1: 8.7 yrs by Aug 2011

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 14:31
That is kind of funny that there has been a mass exodus, actually. Good luck for all R3 applicants!!!
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD (R3)
WE 1: Utilities/Energy Efficiency

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 20:21
As an American R3 candidate that is afraid that INSEAD has already met it's American quota through R1 & R2 admits, can someone provide the breakdown/stats of those accepted already. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2011, 22:19
just wanted to post and encourage those applicants Round 3, who interview with INSEAD. I interviewed in Round 2 and got a ding.

I made it to Ross and ISB after interviews. will probably be taking up Michigan Ross.

I think it is very important for you to be balanced while applying to INSEAD.

INSEAD compares itself with top 15 US schools (I would not compare it with a top 10 US School in any way).
Also it is the only school in the world that publishes videos of comparisons with Harvard.
Other schools dont distinguish or need to prove anything.

Also I wasted a lot of money flying down to another city for interviews......please dont be overenthusiastic.....INSEAD has many alumnis in India (unlike other business schools), as most of their alumni return back to their home country!..........so ask for an interview in your home location to minimize other expenses.

That said, for those indians who want to return to India, just try ISB...its probably going to be better rated than INSEAD very soon.

Also INSEADs application fee is a lot and the least they can do is organize interview locations in the place of your residence.

Good luck, but after my interviews......I ask everyone to keep many options open....and whatever will happen will happen for the best..............INSEAD or no Insead ( and im glad I didnt make it now!)...no loans (a few scholarships) make INSEAD prohibitly expensive and a very bad European job make the ROI doubtful.

Also for all its stress on international experienc...this is nonsense.....many applicants have simply worked in another country for a while (read US or the west), this does not make you any more international i think......also they make you waste your time filling out a scholarship form (round 2) before the result....absolute waste of time......you could spend that time applying to YALE which is a better college.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 10 Mar 2011, 03:00
Any Indian R3 applicant????
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2011, 03:00