Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Schools: INSEAD, ISB
WE 1: credit analyst 4yrs
WE 2: equity analyst 1yr
WE 3: tax associate 7months
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2010, 09:07
That is what I intend to tell him, but just don't want to turn him off as my review was done just last week. So am letting things settle a bit and will then ping him. Also, as my official review date was in the 2nd week of Sept. I never even start working on them. And don't want to rush now. Instead am planning to submit early in round 2. Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device Image

my-gmat-experience-750-q-51-v-40-awa-98031.html

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 9

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Aug 2010, 09:13
addictive wrote:
That is what I intend to tell him, but just don't want to turn him off as my review was done just last week. So am letting things settle a bit and will then ping him. Also, as my official review date was in the 2nd week of Sept. I never even start working on them. And don't want to rush now. Instead am planning to submit early in round 2. Cheers.

Posted from my mobile device Image

@addictive: Makes sense, good luck! Btw, which mobile app are you using to access the forum? I tried the blue GMAT Club app for iPhone but it doesn't seem to be user friendly/quick access to specific threads.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2010, 19:17
has anyone heard from insead yet about the completed application being received. anxious about the future :-D

sent the documents on 10th Aug so was expecting an email saying everything is complete.

Profile - 660 / 5 years
Intern
Intern
Schools: Anderson, Darden

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2010, 08:49
Hi,

I was talking to two INSEAD alumni past saturday and inferred that owing to smaller duration at the school, the clubs are not as active as they are at other B-schools..
Can anyone enlighten us on the above?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2010, 09:25
Hi Guys,

Take me as a future aspirant for Insead. Please advise how should I prepare myself for this dream college with this current profile:

Engg Graduate from top 10 college of India (completed "First class with Distinction")
WE of 3 years in Indian IT firm with lot of Awards and acting as team lead.
Planning to take GMAT within 6 months (targeting 700+)

Please let me know how to improve on this.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2010, 20:01
Hello friends,

I am planning to apply to Insead in round 2 for Sept 2011 intake. I worked for 2 years at a MNC and after that I decided to volunteer for 1 year (July 2010 - July 2011) in the non-profit space. My plan is to get an MBA and return to my previous employer (MNC).

My question is regarding the Job essays at Insead
Q1: Please give a detailed description of your job, including nature of work, major responsibilities; and, where relevant, employees under your supervision, size of budget, number of clients/products and results achieved.

This typically asks about our current job. Given the fact that i have only spent 3 months in my current job (non-profit), would it be advisable for me to describe my current job or should i talk about my previous job (MNC) where I have done substantial work.

Q2. Please give us a full description of your career since graduating from university. If you were to remain with your present employer, what would be your next step in terms of position?

This question expects me to articulate what would be my next position at my current job (non-profit). I do not have plans to continue at this job, so should I describe some position that I might be eligible for if i would continue for 2 more years, or should I describe my next position at my previous employer (MNC).

I am confused, I am not sure of the best way to approach these questions. Any guidance from the members is greatly appreciated, thank you.

PS: I am not officially on a sabbatical, I have left my previous company with an understanding that I will rejoin them in 2-3 years.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2010, 21:36
ashu2020 wrote:
Hi,

I was talking to two INSEAD alumni past saturday and inferred that owing to smaller duration at the school, the clubs are not as active as they are at other B-schools..
Can anyone enlighten us on the above?

Makes sense.. If you squeeze a two year course into a one year intense period , something has got to give..
1)Clubs activities
2)Career switching -- Sep intake doesn't have internships which are helpful for financial jobs apparently
-- Eventhough INSEAD advertises this figure (career switch percentage) quite aggressively .. internships can obviously help with the career switch

3)Career exploration - One would have to finalise the job search area by the second period. One had better know for sure his career path. Two year MBAs give one the time to explore.

On the other hand,opportunity costs alone make the one year MBAs worth it.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 32

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 12 Sep 2010, 21:39
I dashed off the two recommendation links to my recommenders. Will I get an email message when they complete ? or do I have to check with them regularly ? Does anybody have information on this ?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2010, 02:30
sanlitun wrote:
I dashed off the two recommendation links to my recommenders. Will I get an email message when they complete ? or do I have to check with them regularly ? Does anybody have information on this ?

Hi I don't think there will be an email confirmation. One of my recommenders have told me that she had submitted her recommendation, but I did not receive any confirmation from INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2010, 03:28
sanlitun wrote:

Nope, you don't get any info from INSEAD. you will have to keep following up on your recommenders. However, your recommenders will get a 'recommendation complete and submitted' confirmation email. Might be a good idea to ask them to fwd the mail to you to keep in your records. Just in case...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 13

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2010, 12:17
akp wrote:
has anyone heard from insead yet about the completed application being received. anxious about the future :-D

sent the documents on 10th Aug so was expecting an email saying everything is complete.

Profile - 660 / 5 years

Sounds strange.....I remember reading some where on their web site that they will intimate with a week or two if you submit your application one week before the deadline.

Didn't you receive any notification or communication from them?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2010, 00:51
I received a application mail completion from Stefanie today. Is anyone else in the same boat?

And any idea how long will it be before they intimate you their decision? Do we have to wait till the dealine?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 05:29
got my confirmation mail yesterday.

Also, for few above, unless u have submitted ur application, there is no way to check if ur recommendations are complete. once application is submitted, u can see it on the website..

all the best....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 05:39
akp wrote:
got my confirmation mail yesterday.

Also, for few above, unless u have submitted ur application, there is no way to check if ur recommendations are complete. once application is submitted, u can see it on the website..

all the best....

Do you mind sharing your profile?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 08:08
I just submitted my application. I guess it will take a few days before any admissions coordinator will email me.
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, Cambridge, Oxford

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 19:17
any reapplicants from september 2010 intake?

im working on my last essay now, hopefully i'd finish it by tomorrow

good luck everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 20:30
zeph wrote:
any reapplicants from september 2010 intake?

im working on my last essay now, hopefully i'd finish it by tomorrow

good luck everyone!

Does INSEAD give any feedback in case of a ding?

Good Luck
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 20:58
@acer2knight - Indian IT. Worked in UK, Aus, India. Global clients, Some volunteer work, few leadership roles at work. 6 years of work exp by sep 11
GMAt - 660 (only problem area)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2010, 21:02
akp wrote:
@acer2knight - Indian IT. Worked in UK, Aus, India. Global clients, Some volunteer work, few leadership roles at work. 6 years of work exp by sep 11
GMAt - 660 (only problem area)

Thank you ....looks great. Dont worry too much about the GMAT Score dude, INSEAD is one of those colleges which lays pretty less emphasis on GMAT, so fingers crossed for now.

BTW, I am in the same boat as you are but from Telecom R&D background.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2010, 02:49
@acer2knight thanks mate. good luck to u too. keep me posted of the development
Re: INSEAD SEPTEMBER 2011 Intake   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2010, 02:49