Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 05:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE, Nov 2011 intake
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 11:29
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi everybody!

Being one of the first wait-listers for the INSEAD September 2011 intake, I thought I'd start this thread. I'm sure that all of us could use this thread as a group therapy able during this nerve-recking anticipation for the final (and hopefully positive) answer.

I'm 31/M/Israel/690 GMAT/6 WE in the software industry
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
3 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS(R1) ding, Wharton(R1) invite, INSEAD(R1)invite, LBS(R1)invite
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [3] , given: 5

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 12:26
This post received
KUDOS
Admit count has reduced to 157 on MBA connect.. Good news for everyone on Waitlisted!

Kudos if u like my post!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD (R1 waitlist), Cambridge (R2)

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2010, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
This is what my admin coordinator told me on her email:

I would like to reassure you that, with competition as fierce as it is for a seat at INSEAD, your application does not need to have a specific weakness to be on the waitlist. It is for this reason that we are not asking you for supplementary information to strengthen your application.

Being invited to interview means that you were one of the stronger applicants. However, this part of the selection process does not guarantee admission to our MBA Programme. The Admissions Committee makes a decision to admit a candidate, not only on the strengths of the candidature itself, but also bearing in mind the diversity we are aiming for when "crafting" our future class.

Being offered a seat on the waitlist simply means that, although strong, when compared to the pool of applicants for your intake, your application was not as strong as others were.

Having said that, you are most welcome to add an update to your application, if you feel that there is some important information missing that would add value to your file.

I hope I have helped you understand the decision that was made on your MBA application to INSEAD.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2011, 11:59
This post received
KUDOS
He guys,
here there are the new stats:
total 507(m-362)
Indian 62(44)
US 59(35)
French 56(48)
Korean 14(12)
Singaporean 15(7)
Chinese 32(15)
Taiwanese 6(4)
Bulgarian 4(3)

So, keep your hopes up. It's a good news that there are only 507 admits. I guess about 20-25 of them will choose
not to participate in the program. Best of luck to all of you!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 10:55
This post received
KUDOS
Guys the deadline for the guys admitted on Round 1 is around mid Jan / early Feb, so during Feb or early March is gonna be the highest probability for all of us.. act accordingly guys don wait 4ever!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 13 [1] , given: 3

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2010, 04:54
This post received
KUDOS
noamk wrote:
Hey guys,
I don't exactly know how to interpret it, but from looking at both this thread and the SEPTEMBER 2011 INTAKE thread, I gathered the following:
1) 24 people reported that they got accepted
2) 21 people got into the waiting list.

The reason could be:
a) There are allot more waitlist applicants who were willing to register to the forum/share their status
b) By some statistical coincidence, there are allot more wait-listed applicants in this forum
c) This round's waitlist is huge!

I sure hope it's not C...

noamk,

be careful with comparing two different data sets. people will naturally gravitate to whichever thread is applicable to themselves and register their thoughts. e.g. after the fact people will log in and post for the first time that they're accepted to insead, just like people will do the same for being waitlisted. you'll have people registered in one thread that aren't in the other...you have to take one sample (where the two threads overlap, or just one) and stick with it for consistency's sake.

a better approach would be to take the sept 2011 intake roll-call as your sample, and figure out the statistics from that alone (ignoring the people who have registered here, but not there). who was accepted, who was waitlisted (to your knowledge), and who are you not sure about?

without having done the math, my hunch is that the waitlist is just as large as previous years (insead says it's comparatively small); and there's nothing to read into the number of waitlisters registered here compared to the number of those accepted registered in the sept 2011 instake thread.

also, it's good to look at the jan 11 waitlist thread -- probably a more positive point-of-reference for us waitlisters. my numbers show 65% admit from the waitlist, with >50% of those eventually admitted receiving notice within two months of the original (waitlist) decision. also keep in mind that the jan 11 intake does not compete with american mba programs, so one would think that the jan yield is historically higher than the sept one -- leading one to believe that the sept intake waitlist will see more action unless insead manages waitlist size as well between the two intakes.

sorry a lot of the thoughts are off-the-cuff, and i haven't really thought out / crafted a totally comprehensible or authoritative response. let me know if you (or anyone else) requires clarification on my thoughts above.

to all: remain POSITIVE. look at the jan 11 waitlist thread. there might not be a whole lot you can do to improve your candidacy, but know that insead's yield is not 100%; there will be people who decide to go to hbs, stanford, kellogg, lbs, etc instead, and the adcom will dip into the waitlist to fill diversity gaps. i might not get in, but i guarantee a significant % of those registered here will (and as i mentioned, within 2 months of now). that is unless for some unforseen reason r2 applicants are much stronger than r1 ones (which is NEVER the case).

it's just a crapshoot -- unless you discover the cure for cancer or solve the crisis (or crises) in the middle east. as a slightly pessimistic side, one thing that i'm doubtful of is that accepting more responsibility during the next 6-8 months will improve your standing on the waitlist. there's only so much you can do in 6-8 months that will substantially impact your candidacy, and the adcom has already said it's more about diversity than the strength of your application. you just need to happen to be the female kyrgyz tuba player on the waitlist for when the other one the adcom admitted decides to go to LBS.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 09:56
This post received
KUDOS
The below mentioned details are copied from main INSEAD thread and have been submitted by habeebee:

Update for those interested:

Count of people registered on the INSEAD network for the class of '12J:

Total: 146 (108 Male)
Indian: 21
American: 25
Canadian: 12
French: 17
Singaporean: 5
Chinese: 7

These numbers represent the # of people who have been extended an offer by INSEAD and have registered on their MBA network, not people who have necessarily accepted the offer and paid the deposit. Hence, this number could/will keep changing.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to capture it in this forum so it can help us..
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD (R1-admit)

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 24 Dec 2010, 23:25
This post received
KUDOS
MBAdreamchaser wrote:
Bac2School wrote:
Admit count has reduced to 157 on MBA connect.. Good news for everyone on Waitlisted!

Kudos if u like my post!

Can you please tell the count for Indians now??

24 Indians/18 male

Happy Holidays!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 3

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2010, 03:45
This post received
KUDOS
Total: 160 (120 male)

Indian: 24
Canadian: 13
American: 27
French: 19
Singaporean: 5
Chinese: 8
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: INSEAD Class of J'12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2011, 05:34
This post received
KUDOS
traveler wrote:
are you notified of WL after an interview or prior to being selected for an interview? thank you.

All the best traveler. It seems most folks in R1 who got interview invites 10-15 days before the deadline actually got accepted and us who got interview invites close to the deadline are majority in W/L

As you belong to the first group I think you will have higher chances to get admitted, off course if you do well in your interviews!!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD Class of July 2012

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2011, 09:40
This post received
KUDOS
pinkoo30 wrote:
Not sure ... but looks like lot of Indians got waitlisted in R2? is there any update on MBA connect about R2 admits? how many Indian?

On MBA connect, there are currently 27 Indians. 18M/9F
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2011, 10:07
This post received
KUDOS
Hi all,

According to my calculations, starting form the assumption that only the guys that were active during the admission process on the insead sept intake thread (not me)should be taken into accont as is more likely that they will report wheter reject, admission or waitlist decisions, it seems that 50% of those interviewed got in and 10% precent of those were waitlisted.

I think that INSEAD goes with +/- 5% error in their yield.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 3

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2011, 04:46
This post received
KUDOS
Sure.

Total: 336 (M = 235)

Indian: 37
Chinese: 31
French: 39
Singaporean: 8
American: 44
Canadian: 31
Russian: 10
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2011, 05:50
This post received
KUDOS
The total admitted is 408 with 41 Indians.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Schools: INSEAD, ISB
WE 1: credit analyst 4yrs
WE 2: equity analyst 1yr
WE 3: tax associate 7months
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 00:37
This post received
KUDOS
looking at the R1 movements, I'm guessing some people could receive calls/emails tomorrow ........ R1 waitlist moved exactly after 1 week from deadline for payment ......... nevertheless, this time it could be different because INSEAD's R2 results came much earlier than many competitive schools and some people must have asked for extensions ....... so 4th to 8th April could be the real window of movement ........ best of luck to all .........

in the mean time, if anyone can update stats from MBA connect, it'll be helpful ....... thanks
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2011, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
Total admitted 464

French -52
Indian - 51
Chinese-37
Taiwanese - 9
Singaporean -13

Good luck to all of you!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2011, 03:07
This post received
KUDOS
Well, I guess there is 497 places if the January and September takeins are equal (given that there are 994 students), so there is still some (small) chance to be accepted.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2011, 01:12
This post received
KUDOS
total admitted -443
US -55
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2011, 04:57
This post received
KUDOS
Total Admitted 439

Indians: 50
Canadian: 39
Chinese: 34
Taiwan: 9
Singaporean: 13
Americans: 54
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 05:18
This post received
KUDOS
total admitted -424
US - 53
Indians -50
French -49
Chinese -32
Taiwanese - 6
Singaporean -11

Good luck to all of you!
Re: INSEAD September 2011 intake waitlist   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2011, 05:18