Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:22 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 128 [0]
Given Kudos: 215
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: INSEAD September 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Apparently we will get a reply the same day as the world is meant to end. Does anyone know at what time is the apocalypse, Fontainebleau time?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
last time they started calling a few days before the deadline.. so we get the good news <hopefully> before we kick the bucket :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Had my second interview yesterday. Went pretty well. Was about 1.5 hours long. Conversational and unstructured - as in the interviewer asked all the usual questions but indirectly. Although no hint/opinion given on whether the person was going to recommend me or not.

Hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ducksworth wrote:
Apparently we will get a reply the same day as the world is meant to end. Does anyone know at what time is the apocalypse, Fontainebleau time?

Haha good question. Come to think of it, I will actually be in China that day, so I have to remember to wait till the 22nd (China time). The world better not end before I hear my decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Submitted for R2 a couple of days ago as well. Excited given INSEAD is my #1 choice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
astronomer wrote:
Ducksworth wrote:

Haha good question. Come to think of it, I will actually be in China that day, so I have to remember to wait till the 22nd (China time). The world better not end before I hear my decision.

last time most of the results came out on tuesday and wednesday despite the deadline being on friday. i suppose we can expect the same...

the wait is a killer :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
capmgmat wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:
Just submitted my R2 App for INSEAD. Any one else here with me?

I submitted the app as well for Round 2. It has been really quite here, I would have expected to see a lot more candidates for Round 2.

I am in for R2 as well. Any idea, when do they start giving interview calls? Is it on/before Jan 18? or all the invites go out simultaneously on Jan 18?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Chetangupta wrote:
capmgmat wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:

I submitted the app as well for Round 2. It has been really quite here, I would have expected to see a lot more candidates for Round 2.

I am in for R2 as well. Any idea, when do they start giving interview calls? Is it on/before Jan 18? or all the invites go out simultaneously on Jan 18?

Just received an email from an admissions coordinator at INSEAD stating that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed for Round 2 on the September 2013 intake. It also stated that interview invites will be sent latest by 18th Jan - so this means we can expect something before the 18th for sure.

On an another note, it looks awfully quite here as far as R2 submissions are concerned. May be not many are reporting in Gmatclub anymore (new design or alternative forums)? For instance Thread for Yale/Tuck (that I follow) already has more than 350 Comments.

R1 applicants do you have the same feeling?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey! I am also a R2 applicant. I have just discovered this forum few days ago and believe that we should all participate. Come on all silent readers, let's show up! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Another R2 applicant. I have also got the confirmation mail from admission coordinator. Yeah, its been very quiet here.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 418 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
mbaonly wrote:
Another R2 applicant. I have also got the confirmation mail from admission coordinator. Yeah, its been very quiet here.

I haven't gotten any email from the AdCom yet. Just wondering if my application got submitted at all! :shock:

On responses to this thread, I have found European school's threads to be generally quiet. True for London Business School as well.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
vanishingnerd wrote:

Just received an email from an admissions coordinator at INSEAD stating that my app is complete and ready to be reviewed for Round 2 on the September 2013 intake. It also stated that interview invites will be sent latest by 18th Jan - so this means we can expect something before the 18th for sure.

On an another note, it looks awfully quite here as far as R2 submissions are concerned. May be not many are reporting in Gmatclub anymore (new design or alternative forums)? For instance Thread for Yale/Tuck (that I follow) already has more than 350 Comments.

R1 applicants do you have the same feeling?

it has been the same for us R1 applicants. the number of people in applying seems to be small and hence not much activity. besides most of us are now in the wait and see phase where interview results are yet to come out...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Chetangupta wrote:
mbaonly wrote:

I haven't gotten any email from the AdCom yet. Just wondering if my application got submitted at all! :shock:

On responses to this thread, I have found European school's threads to be generally quiet. True for London Business School as well.

When did you submit the application? The deadline was 12/05. They should get back to you in a day or two. Just hang in there!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Chetangupta wrote:
capmgmat wrote:
vanishingnerd wrote:

for R1 all the invites went out a few hours before close of business on the last day. i got mine at around 3 30 pm Paris time. so dont lose hope if you dont hear anything till jan 18..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Really? Jeez, its gonna be a long wait for us :(
MBAPangs, what's your location preference?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaonly wrote:
Really? Jeez, its gonna be a long wait for us :(
MBAPangs, what's your location preference?

oh if you think this wait is bad you should see whats its like for us who have already interviewed :)
i was one of the first to complete my interviews and been twiddling thumbs since then :(

i am hoping to start out at singapore but they dont take that into account while selecting. also the applications are reviewed in fonty...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPangs wrote:
it has been the same for us R1 applicants. the number of people in applying seems to be small and hence not much activity. besides most of us are now in the wait and see phase where interview results are yet to come out...

That's correct. The activity for this round does seem a lot lower than Jan 2013.

I think all the interviews for R1 should be complete by now. I think Dec 7th was the unofficial last day to complete interviews. Hopefully they don't make us wait all the way until the 21st to hear back.

Good luck to all the R2 applicants. As MBAPangs mentioned, most of you will hear back on the last day. Typically tends to work like that.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  13   14   15   16   17   18   19  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts