Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 18:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 29

Premium Member
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 07:03
Got the first recommendation in. Now waiting for my supervisor to get his in by Saturday.

Blog: The MBA Journey of an African Doctor

Blog updated: July 27, 2014

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2013, 16:23
Hi all, just finished my two interviews. They were fine and, as often reported, quite friendly. They asked about my profile, what I did in the past and why, what my future goals are, why the MBA and why INSEAD. The first was more general and personal, the second asked a few questions about the industry I work in, challenging my understanding of the business and checking my foreign language skills.

My two cents on how prepare ourselves for these interviews: first, the goal must be to build a positive relationship with the interviewers, as having a conversation between two men (or women): be firm, be friendly, be passionate, be mature. During the conversation you should center around 3/4 key words which carry your message and describe yourself.

In terms of Q&A, I think it is important to be prepared on: walk me through your resume, what your goals are, why MBA, why INSEAD, why now, and why me? Then be ready to talk about experiences related to teamworking, leadership, conflict and international exposure. Of course, you're selling yourself, so be interesting and coherent.

That's it, IMHO.

Hope it helps; good luck!
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 00:32
knightofdelta wrote:
Got the first recommendation in. Now waiting for my supervisor to get his in by Saturday.

My recommenders haven't received the link to submit the LOR, does anyone else facing the same issue?
Shall I contact INSEAD admissions regarding that?
Current Student
Schools: Insead '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
WE: Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 00:40
docks wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:

My recommenders haven't received the link to submit the LOR, does anyone else facing the same issue?

Yes, you could contact them (they have IT support e-mail), I also had this problem.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: Q V0
GMAT 2: Q0 V0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2013, 01:04
olegus wrote:
docks wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:

Yes, you could contact them (they have IT support e-mail), I also had this problem.

Have done so, cheers !
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2013, 11:07
All letters of recommendation now in. Good luck to everyone who is interviewing and good luck to those of us waiting for the Round 2 season to kick off.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '14 (WL)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 04:26
would the interview invitations trickle through or would they be announced on one day on 10th Jan for Round 2?
Current Student
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.9
WE: Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 6

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 08:03
rarya wrote:
would the interview invitations trickle through or would they be announced on one day on 10th Jan for Round 2?

Based on previous threads and posts it looks like they trickle through, with Jan 10th being the absolute deadline to hear back.
Current Student

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 05:51
I know we won't hear anything until early January, but man am I nervous..
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 06:09
Domrep wrote:

I am working on other applications so I have no time for nervousness. Maybe you should just do the same for the fun of it... :lol:

Intern
Intern

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 09:14
My interviews were rather short compare to what I've seen here and from other people that I know, each lasted around 45 minutes. The first one was at the alumni's office so it felt kinda formal and he was busy with work as well, right after I left he had other guests coming in. Anyhow, he asked the same structure: walk me through your resume, why mba, why insead, why now, are you applying for other schools, what happens after, will u going to another country to work? He did not ask me anything about personal skills (leadership, managerial etc....)

The second interiew was at a cafe'. The alumni scheduled it at 9am but when he came he told me that he had an unexpected meeting at 10 and had to leave a while before that. So our talk was 40-45 minutes. He basically only asked my why MBA and what next after that. Here and there he asked minor questions on my international exposure but the majority of the time he talked about his INSEAD life and his personal beliefs in career development. Then he told me that if INSEAD ask an alumni like him to interview someone, they basically want that person already. The alumni just need to confirm that the applicant is not straight out bs-ing everything on his or her application. As long as they believe that, then it's fine.

And that was it. They were short, so I had a hint of a worry...but anyway, no point to worry now, just have to wait until Dec 20. Good luck to everyone.
Current Student

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2013, 15:25
knightofdelta wrote:
Domrep wrote:

I am working on other applications so I have no time for nervousness. Maybe you should just do the same for the fun of it... :lol:

If you pay my application fees :lol:
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 01:05
Domrep wrote:
knightofdelta wrote:
Domrep wrote:

If you pay my application fees :lol:

Yikes. Those pesky application fees... I was boxed into a corner by the INSEAD application fees. I wonder why I never thought about it. :oops:

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 0

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 09:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Graduating Remarks
Of the many things I can say and share about my MBA life, I can safely say that I experienced being a global citizen. I travelled the world and various cultures and convictions manifested in subtle ways and for the first time, it was not a movie or a novel – it was real life. This year I lived in 3 continents and being in the same city for more than a week seemed remarkably slow.

I learned from my peers, learned to learn and unlearn and learned to absorb and shape the various shades, shapes and colours of life. I learned to be comfortable having no control sometimes and learned to smile in the midst of unabashed chaos. This year was about broadening and streamlining horizons and possibilities.

This year was also about exquisite wine, memorable memories and the fleetingly permanent realization that “I am here.” I sometimes wonder what my friends and family think of the life I lead – every week in a different city, if not country, almost a complete abandonment of sleep and well shot pictures of everything under the sun from Vegas to Bali to Paris to Oxford. All this along with a rigorous schedule comprising applied corporate finance, advanced derivatives and intense professional networking and “What happens in Tavers stays at Tavers” parties.

How does one learn a new language, develop aptitude for subjects unheard, relocate without locating in the first place, write cover letters with as much passion and energy as one wrote love letters in 11th grade and find a place within a cohort of 500 exceptionally talented women and men..All this in a few months..Through the process of learning how to learn, I became a Master of Business Administration..That’s my lesson, my story..Work in progress with relentless passion, purpose, effort and pursuit..
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2013, 09:00
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: P2? WOW!
It’s hard to believe, but class of July 2014 is already in the middle of P2!

Nearly every blog-post by INSEAD students, which I read before coming on campus, mentioned how fast the study year flies. And now I get to experience it myself! It seems as if just yesterday I was setting up my INSEAD mailbox, but now I see the incoming group of 14Ds already having a tour around campus on the open day!

There is nothing new in days flying by – whenever you work hard you don’t notice how time passes. The difference at INSEAD is that your day is full with classes and activities which are very different from each other: in the morning you may have to quickly switch your mindset between completely different classes such as finance and marketing (one very quantitative and objective, the other very creative and subjective); later in the day meet with peers to discuss the upcoming national week and how to attract sponsors; in the evening go to the gym and prepare my CV for the CV book; before going to sleep I try to read at least some pre-readings for classes the next day. Those with families also try to squeeze spending time with their partner and kids somewhere in-between these activities. It is a tough exercise in time management and prioritizing, but I believe this is also the main reason why most alumni refer to their time at INSEAD as the best year of their lives – the richness of life on campus is hard to match in real life.

Two months ago, our second son was born in the Fonty hospital, and although this happened less than a month into P1, he ended up being the 2nd INSEAD child in the 14J class. This tells you that having children during the MBA year is far from being rare. Originally we were concerned with how to navigate the French medical system, but for the last 2 months we learned to manage this pretty well and I’d be happy to answer any particular questions in this regard.

Mid-P2 is also the time when people start preparing to switch campuses and choose elective courses. Most singles and some couples will leave Fonty for the warmer Singy in a couple of months, most families with kids will stay in Fonty for the whole year. While moving to Singapore has an obvious advantage of escaping winter, there may be more reasons to stay in Fonty – many people prefer to be in Europe when the recruiting season starts, and you don’t want to know how many points need to be spent to change campus in P3 only!

In terms of assignments of a different kind, P2 feels even busier than P1. But walking back home I sometimes stop for a minute, just to smell the Fonty air and think about how much I enjoy what I am doing here!
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

This post has been originally posted on the Admissions Blog and re-posted here for convenience

Manager
Manager

FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Rarities
Chaos is consistent. As students at INSEAD, we can learn to rely on that. Now that we are in the midst of November and already making plans for our long winter break, our first period here in Singapore now seems like eons ago. When we were all in our first semester it was clear that – through all of the gatherings by the pool, parties in Marina Bay, barbeques, and inevitability long nights at the library – everyone was stretching themselves thin to be everywhere. This time around, it is just no longer feasible. Period 2 kicked in high gear with group assignments, double session classes, extracurriculars, competitions, trips, and career talks. By nature, we have thus eliminated what the administrative board had warned us about early in the year and diagnosed as “fear of missing out.”

Unlike many of my peers, this is the first time I am living so far away from home, so naturally my experiences feel more amateur. Regardless, when fifty plus of us travel to various countries on the weekends, I can’t help but notice how wide-eyed, curious, and even appreciative everyone becomes, and I see that this is just one of the many elements that truly bond us through this journey. While in Cambodia, we spent a day in Phnom Penh visiting the killing fields and the Genocide Museum to better understand the still existent after-effects of the terrors that took place during Pol Pat’s ruling, which was a stark contrast to the tranquil landscape of temples in Siem Reap (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) we had visited just before. The day in Phnom Penh will always be remembered as a difficult one; we discovered an inconceivable truth of brutalities that were so real and recent, and we saw the results of a ‘leader’ being able to wipe out more than three million people of his own population in a matter of three years. At the same time, this learning complemented what followed during INSEAD’s Social Impact week, INDEVOR. A week after visiting Cambodia with fifty classmates, INDEVOR’s kick-off event involved watching our fellow classmates brilliantly debate against each other and our professors on whether, as an MBA graduate, it makes sense to invest time or money when it comes to charitable causes. Students were spilling outside of the classroom to listen in, reflecting that we are not here simply as a stepping stone for our careers, but also to understand the world from different perspectives and see what we can do to change it in an effective manner.

Overall, I can already feel my colleagues and I becoming more aware. But that is what we are here for, isn’t it? I do not have enough fingers and toes to count what I have learned so far through the storytelling of weekend escapades, lectures highlighting a region’s current and future socioeconomic conditions, and our National Weeks which serve as a platform to shine the highlights of where we came from. Even more after two months here, there no longer lies a barrier that prevents us from learning, reinforcing what we know, and most importantly making light of all the stereotypes and preconceived notions we may have had of each others’ origins prior to our arrival here.

To give some more perspective on the beautiful madness that these two and a half months have been, I would like to note two things:

1.  I am currently on my way to the Philippines writing this entry. This is my third attempt to sit down on a flight and, via words on a piece of paper, ‘remember to stop and smell the flowers’ as one of my closest friends smartly advised me to do before I left.

2. I am writing this post after INSEAD’s Dash has taken place on the Singapore campus; Dash is our traditional run between the residences of Dover/Heritage and school. It so happened to take place on a Monday this year after a hectic weekend of traveling and exploring. Regardless of this fact, and now obviously so, we stormed and we sustained ourselves late through the night.

Manager
Manager

FROM Insead Admissions Blog: How INSEAD helped me find the 10 little selves inside
A few intense, fun, challenging, roller-coaster-like yet magical months into my year at INSEAD, my friends back home ask me; “Louise, how is it going? Is the experience what you expected?” My reply is standard: “Oh, it is amazing. I am learning so much, the opportunities are fantastic and the people so incredibly inspiring”. It’s all very, very true.

But there is something more to pursuing an MBA than the academic experience, the global network you build and the dream job you land at the end. Part of the business school journey is the expectation to find answers to the significant questions in life. What am I about? Where do I want to live and work? What makes me happy?

I came to INSEAD with a confident and clear view of who I was and what I wanted to get out of the MBA. Having dramatically changed my life two years earlier and found my passion in life, moving from a finance career in the Square Mile of London to teaching leadership to youth at the African grassroots, I thought I had my life figured out. INSEAD was supposed to be the springboard into my next career as a social entrepreneur. I was going to be the next Jacqueline Novogratz and live a happy life ever after. Done. Easy.

What I didn’t anticipate was how the 75-country strong potpourri of culturally diverse people with different rulers, the academic focus on delivering shareholder value and the vast number of possible post-INSEAD opportunities was going to uproot me again. Once more, I was contemplating my view of the world, and my place in it.

Instead of finding answers and solutions, I had more and more questions.

Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick. Maybe we are not here to find answers. Slowly, I started to realize that I will probably never find this one thing I am meant to do, or this one person that I am meant to be. As a naturally curious and adventurous person, I thrive in a constantly evolutionary world. As uneasy and uncertain as it might feel sometimes, I could not choose to live any other way.

My mentor Trevor always says that awareness of personal traits and preferences is fundamental to personal growth. For me to understand and accept the fact that my life journey is probably going to be a series of moments of re-invention; total disruption, letting go, breaking down and then taking new risks in order to emerge again someplace different, is what awareness means to me.

Key to happiness and success might not be the ability to find the answer to who we are. What really matters is to keep searching and never stop asking those questions about life. To find the strength to embrace chaos. To have the ability to believe in something, and acknowledge that what you believe in might change over time. It is about possessing the courage to fail and start over. It is about understanding ones fears, because without fear, courage could not exist. It is about recognising that there is no such thing as status quo.

So many times in my life have I thought to know the answer to who I am with the notion of “this is it”. Not once did my life turn out that way.

To some people, an MBA might be the right vehicle to find that dream career, but for me, it is quite the opposite.

It is a wonderful opportunity to discover more and more of those things I am, and can be. Everyday I discover something new about myself and I feel something; happiness, fear, joy, love, confusion. By observing how I feel, I can discover the many little selves inside me. I learn when and how they play out, and how contradictory they can be.

The world is a complex paradox, so naturally we humans are too.

Surrounded by diversity, interdependence, fast-paced change and disruption, the MBA is the perfect place to ask more and more of those questions that really matter. It encourages us to live our lives as the ultimate creative expression of who we are. Whatever shape, form or expression this might take in this moment called present.

Manager
Manager

FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Love, rock&roll and… business school. About worlds colliding at INSEAD
INSEAD Blog Series on Diversity

At INSEAD, we put diversity at the heart. As most of us already have come to know, the 14J class is an extraordinary mix of vibrant, inspirational and exceptional people.

This is the second article in a blog series, that aims to capture some of the diversity that exists in abundance at INSEAD. It will profile some of our most distinctive class members, asking them to share their unique stories about life, moments of joy, but most importantly about their hopes and dreams.

So, third out in our profile series is…..

Ido Kretchmer
Nationality: Israeli & Lithuanian

5 quickies
1) If you would describe yourself in four words, what would those words be?

Fun. Geeky. Crazy. Creative.

2) If you could travel in time, where would you go?

To Firenze in the renaissance era. True beauty!

3) Which was the latest book you read?

Daniel Gilbert’s Stumbling on happiness

4) What music genre does not count as music to you?

Things that don’t have a melody. What is the point of music you can’t dance to?

5) What is the scariest thing you have ever done?

Singing the Israeli national anthem in front of the highest Israeli government officials

1. A musician and a lawyer with a deep passion for love. Tell us what brought you to business school?

I was born in Israel in 1984. My family emigrated to Israel from Lithuania (Then Soviet Union) at 1972. Influenced by the strong musical community in my home town Kiryat Ono, I started playing the trombone when I was 10 years old and joined the local youth orchestra, that was considered than as one of the top-rated youth orchestra’s in Israel and abroad. On my first trip abroad with the orchestra I realized that I had found my absolute passion in life – play music and meet new people. I feel very grateful to have found my “holy grail” at such a young age, and it has helped me to stay centered ever since. I realized that music is a universal language that connects people from all over the world, it is the ultimate way of communicating with and influencing other people.

After high school I was drafted to 3 years of mandatory Israeli military service. I auditioned and got admitted to the Israeli Defense Forces’ Orchestra – comprised of the top 60 young musicians in Israel. We toured around and played at formal, official state events (for example when foreign presidents were visiting Israel) but also to increase morale amongst the troops.

Following completion of my military service at the age of 21, I strongly contemplated to follow my passion and pursue a career as a professional musician. My mother however, talked me into choosing a “proper” career. Given my interest in art , my desire to perform, and my curiosity to solve problems, I decided to go to law school. The job as an attorney is really the job for an actor. You need to be comfortable being on stage, be creative, and being able to improvise.

After graduating from law school, I was approached by The Hon. Justice Neal Hendel – one of Israel’s 15 Supreme Court Justices – to serve as his personal assistant. He became my close mentor and trusted advisor. I truly loved my job, as it was diverse and challenging. Working for the noble cause of human justice was an honor for me.

…but what about your passion for music?

During those years, my trombone had gathered many layers of dust in the corner of my bedroom. Something inside me did not just feel right about it and I couldn’t hide it.

One day Justice Hendel asked me, “Ido, what is wrong? I can tell, you are not yourself?”. I immediately knew the answer. I had been away from music for too long. By coincidence, on the same day, I received a phone call from a friend, Yashiv Cohen, telling me he was starting a new band and wanted me to join.

There was not a single doubt in my mind. This was it.

Soon after, I joined five other musicians, who I haven’t known until then, to form the “Men of North Country” – the soul sensation from Tel-Aviv.

We entered the studio to record our debut album “The North”, which was released under the British label “Acid Jazz”. Our genre,called northern soul, is inspired by the sixties. When you come to one of our concerts, it is like travelling back in time. It is rhythmic, classic and elegant. People come to our concerts dressed like in the sixties. When you hear the music, you just can’t sit still!

As members of a band, working effectively is crucial, but not always easy? How do you keep the team performing to its highest levels of potential?

Most important is our shared passion and, sometimes obscene love, for music. We do everything together, we are on a journey and we don’t know where it will end, but it doesn’t matter as long as we trust each other. This strong bond and united set of beliefs knit us together as brothers. We are all artists, so have a desire for attention and recognition, but we manage to leave our egos at the door when we play. The price we would pay if we didn’t do this would be too high.

The audience can sense the energy, chemistry and trust in the group, and it is partly what makes us successful. Don’t think you can fool the fans. They can feel how strong our bond is, and that’s partly why the audience comes to see us. To form successful partnerships, both professional and personal, it is all about sharing values. When you stand up and share what you believe, others will follow you and you create the strongest and most loyal movement.

We also laugh a lot. If you lose your laugh you lose your way.

My life has not been the same since I joined the band. We toured and played all over Europe. I was a lawyer during the day, dressed in business attire, and at night I rehearsed or played in clubs.

It felt like I was living two parallel lives and I could not settle on one. 

Although my job at the court was challenging and fascinating, after a few years, I realized I had hit the glass ceiling at work. Working as a lawyer also constrains you to a specific country, or legislation. I wanted to break free and open my eyes to the world.

I hope that business school will support me on my quest to find a way to integrate my two worlds and two personas so I can live a holistic life. INSEAD is definitely the right place to explore these options. To me, INSEAD represents something bigger than all of us and that we need each other to experience. It is a business school that stands for love, passion and creativity.

How do you spread the love at INSEAD?

In three ways….

Firstly, by living every moment of every day. Instead of focusing on what will happen in the future, I embrace the present and share those moments of everyday joy with people. For example, just grabbing a coffee in the bar with someone can be a moment to express love. You share experiences, ideas and breathe positive energy into each other. Love is inspiration!

Secondly, I remind myself that in 50 years time, when we look back at our lives, we will remember INSEAD as one of the greatest, most transformative experiences of our lives. Probably we will smile. So fully embracing that we are in the midst of a very, very special experience and expressing that by taking every opportunity to build bonds with other students is very important to me.

Thirdly, I try to create an ambient atmosphere on campus by playing the piano (although I’m very amature), to encourage people to stop for a moment and nurture their souls with a little classical music!

Who has inspired you most as a leader?

My mentor, the Honorable Justice Neal Hendel. I was very inspired by his leadership style. He came as an immigrant in Israel and didn’t speak Hebrew. Thus, he had to rely on his subordinates for translation. He turned this disadvantage into an opportunity. Instead of being intimidated by not being in control, he used this to empower and motivate his team. For my age and position, I was given significant responsibility. In the beginning it scared me, but I was also curious about the challenge. It made me take even more pride in my work and I worked even harder than required, because I knew that the work I did could have a direct impact on people’s lives.

Another leader that I really appreciate is the lead singer of the band – Yashiv Cohen. He is a natural leader without even knowing he is, since he founded the band, but decided to get the right people on the bus and encourages us all to take the place behind the steering wheel.

I am sure that we can all relate to the feeling of being outside of our comfort zone at INSEAD, and P2 is particularly challenging. How do you channel this energy?

Music. When I am in class though, it is unfortunately impossible to listen to music (or at least not if you want a good participation grade). So I make up music in my head. Particularly classical music, I used to play that when I was young. There is something very soothing and calming about classical music that immediately makes me find my center again.

What occasionally happens is that I start singing out LOUD. I know that some of my classmates have experienced this, running next to me on the treadmill in the gym.

Of course INSEAD from time to time can be perceived as tough, but that is what an MBA is meant to do to you. Without fear, courage could never exist. INSEAD is the perfect place to explore the search for your holy grail. Far away from professional prestige and expectations from others on who we should be, the stage is yours.

I would encourage people let go a little of who they are, so they can find who they are supposed to be. When I am playing, my head and heart are linked up and my life seemed seamless. Freedom is when we continue to live our lives as the ultimate creative expression of who we really are.

One thing that you will regret if you don’t pursue during the year at INSEAD?

I try to not regret things, rather learn from mistakes. I would regret that after this year not having failed and rose back up stronger.

Moreover, I’m working to bring Men of North Country to play at one of our famous parties – this should be a hell of an inspiration!

On another note, this is time to congratulate you on being elected as the new Student Government President. What are your plans for the student life?

Well, it is just the first couple of weeks since the new student government has been elected. I can assure you that me and the crew are doing our best to further improve the student life on campus, and I’m sure you will see the results of our work sooner than you think!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading this blog post!
Get in touch with Ido – ido.kretchmer@insead.edu

Provide feedback - louise.ronnerdahl@insead.edu

Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '14 (WL)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 04:33
newinsead, you have a great story! very inspiring. i wonder if all of you have such inspiring stories, i have no chance of getting into INSEAD. i was brought up in 13 different small towns in India and worked my way into university and then a london university. i then got into banking. I was always ambitious and now that my job reached stagnation and i am in a department with 22 year olds to 50 years olds who have no desire to promote , i feel like a trapped bird. i want to get into corporate finance as I see other MBA candidates getting the high flies in life, because banks just would not give a non-MBA even the chance to be interviewed. An MBA for me represents my freedom, freedom to take on more challenges professionally, freedom to travel the world and holiday, freedom to save money for my retiring parents in india, freedom to think of having kids and sending them to top schools, and more importantly freesom for myself as an independant women. I guess these reasons are not entirely as inspirational as some of your stories and reflect practical reasons of zillions in this world, but they are true. i am quite sad now as after reading some of the other essays online, i feel i have no chance and will end of settling in a stagnated finance department! :( :(
Intern
Intern

Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Dec 2013, 04:52
Rarya, have you applied to INSEAD or to any other school? If not, be sure that being negative will not get you anywhere, especially bschool where they do want people aware of themselves, pursuing their goals and finally achieveing results (whatever nature they have).
You made your way up to where you are, in London, in banking. Keep on!
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants   [#permalink] 05 Dec 2013, 04:52