Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 12:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Singapore Campus visit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Insead
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [2] , given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
INSEAD Singapore Campus visit [#permalink] New post 06 May 2010, 20:42
This post received
KUDOS
Hi y'all,

I just visited the INSEAD Singapore Campus on Monday and I thought I would share some information in case you are interested.

This was not a scheduled event. They do campus visits on every Monday and Friday from 2pm. I guess that since they do it so often, it hardly ever happens to have a big bunch of people attending. This time it was only myself and one more guy who just seemed to be in the neighbourhood and thought to pop by.

We met a very nice lady from the Marketing team. She gave us a powerpoint presentation which contained the information from the website but in a more structured way. She also gave us some useful insights about club activities and their importance and how much accent they put on the international feel of their programme even through extra-curricular activities (they organize events specific to each and every country or region represented etc). She was able to give us a very good impression of the "life" of an INSEAD student at the Singapore campus. She also explained in detail about the Career Services INSEAD has and how they guide you through the whole programme from the very first Period.

We were going to sit in a class but unfortunately this is an exam week so everyone was busy with this. We got a quick look into the clasees while the students were taking exams though. For the same reason, the cafeteria and the campus itself was pretty much empty. Unfortunately we couldn't really get a proper feel of its vibe. However, the school itself looks very new and modern - they have self-study rooms, group study rooms, interview rooms (where you can interview face-to-face or via video-conference with potential employers), a 24 hour library, a "family" room for students who have kids and a really nice fitness room as well.

The campus is located fairly out of the centre and I personally took a taxi so it was pretty easy to find. (taxis in Singapore are crazy cheap compared to what I am used to here in Tokyo :)). I am pretty sure you can get there pretty easily by public transportation as well.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any questions.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 29

Re: INSEAD Singapore Campus visit [#permalink] New post 12 May 2010, 18:05
thank you- this helps a lot. Do they track that you visited the campus? Did you get to talk to any students?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: INSEAD Singapore Campus visit [#permalink] New post 16 May 2010, 01:01
Thanks Scrat..This is one school on my list.

Any info on the placement of students ?
Manager
Manager
Schools: Insead

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Singapore Campus visit [#permalink] New post 16 May 2010, 02:35
pranrasvij wrote:
thank you- this helps a lot. Do they track that you visited the campus? Did you get to talk to any students?

I am pretty sure they do track ur visit; they make u fill a form with all ur info when u get there.

Unfortunately I didn't get to speak to the students - I happened to be visiting during the exams period so it was ver very quiet.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Non-Human User
Followers: 22

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Premium Member
Re: INSEAD Singapore Campus visit [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2014, 04:56
Hello from the GMAT Club MBAbot!

Thanks to another GMAT Club member, I have just discovered this valuable topic, yet it had no discussion for over a year. I am now bumping it up - doing my job. I think you may find it valuable (esp those replies with Kudos).

Want to see all other topics I dig out? Follow me (click follow button on profile). You will receive a summary of all topics I bump in your profile area as well as via email.
Re: INSEAD Singapore Campus visit   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2014, 04:56