Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 765 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Duke (Fuqua) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Re: INSEAD vs. Fuqua [#permalink]
Duke Fuqua does well in US based energy, but I would highly consider INSEAD if you are aiming for Latin America long-term or potentially Europe. INSEAD has a broader international network, lower opportunity cost, and the class itself is high quality.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2724 [0]
Given Kudos: 1477
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q40 V37
GMAT 2: 650 Q43 V36
GMAT 3: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
why INSEAD is more prestigious than Duke?
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Given your international goes, INSEAD would seem to make more sense. I mean they are REALLY international. And last I checked, a bit less than 10% get placed in Latin, so it fits what you are aiming at.

Best,

Jon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Various factors, incl. academic, career, overall achievements, etc. But in short, INSEAD is M7 equivalent.
1) Academic: I don't know the year but I remember Fuqua MBA avg GRE is like 317...this really is not competitive when comparing with INSEAD, plus many INSEADers were cum laude/on dean list since undergrad (at least in my batch); and INSEAD's strict z-score grading policy makes its academic no easy game —— you're forced to compete with each others or else you're in trouble
2) Career: This worths a debate, but INSEAD places the largest numbers of students to MBB (even after removing sponsored students in my year); and its international mobilisation/recognition is huge
3) Overall achievements: many INSEADers honestly have achieved something remarkable in life (be it in sports/arts/math competition...) and many have rich overseas experiences (as "international motivation" is one of its key criteria😀). I still remember how shocked I was when connecting with many INSEADers —— frankly almost all of them have some really badass experiences on a global stage
4) Rival schools: if you go to P&Q, many INSEADers revealed they applied for HSW; truth was many of my friends even gave up M7($) to reapply to INSEAD.

Another factor is, Fuqua is actually sending craaazzzy numbers of email these 2 years to seek applications...this is a potential sign that they 'desperately' need students...

Someone might consider U.S. visa and argue U.S. b-schools have an edge. Well, fact is not everybody wants to work in the states, and if you remove the visa restrictions and let INSEAD kids compete with Fuqua kids on a global stage, the results would be interesting.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts