Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Aug 2014, 16:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 07:57
thanks

in case u wouldn't know, in the insead employment statistics pdfs u can see the number of people admitted to the program in the last year(s) by nation... you can get a sense of the number of remaining seats for your nationality then...

Last edited by acax on 12 Feb 2012, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2012, 13:15
Thanks balky7, this is really helpful !
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2012, 13:38
balky7 wrote:
Hello,

as promised, here is the current data:

198 people on MBA connect

Breakout by sex/nationality (Attention! Some people are listed 2 times because around 15% have double nationality)

nationality M F
american 24 8
argentinan 1 0
australian 3 3
belgian 8 0
brazilian 7 1
british 3 5
bulgarian 3 0
canadian 10 2
chinese 4 8
dutch 2 1
egyptian 1 0
finnish 0 1
french 15 4
georgian 1 0
german 6 2
greek 0 1
hungarian 2 0
indian 19 10
israeli 7 0
italian 7 1
japanese 1 1
jordan 1 0
korean 0 1
lebanese 5 1
liechtensteiner1 0
moroccan 1 0
new zealand1 0
nigerian 0 1
norwegian 2 0
pakistani 3 1
portuguese 3 1
romanian 0 2
russian 2 2
singaporean 4 2
south african2 0
spanish 3 0
swedish 1 0
swiss 2 2
taiwanese 2 3
thai 1 0
turkish 1 2
ukrainian 2 0
uzbek 1 0
vietnamese 1 0

44 nationalities already :)

Somewhat surprised to see how many Americans there are. The bilingual requirement usually deters a lot of Americans (I'm American myself).

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 08:29
Hi Enkie,

So... Did you decide which school to attend?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 16 Feb 2012, 18:36
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! #(%)(@#*%()#@*%()*!

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 04:25
enkie, maybe most of them have double nationality...
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 18 Feb 2012, 10:43
Brahms is right, MBA Connect is strangely not updated...I wrote my full profile 8 days ago and I still don´t appear.
Well, the next significant update will probably be in 2 weeks, some days after the 2nd round deadline.

About the Americans, 11 of them have double nationality! Maybe if you have two nationalities their consider only your less-widespread one? :wink:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 35 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2012, 07:19
This post received
KUDOS
Ha yeah duh! You guys are totally right. I didnt log into the MBA connect website and look closely. (and Im actually one of those dual nationality americans). Sorry I commented too soon! :)

when I posted I had just finished talking to an INSEAD alum who said that it was really difficult for Americans to get through the dual language requirement up front (but I think he meant those Americans who didn't have dual nationality or significant abroad experience). That thought stuck with me when I was reading the previous comment.

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 01:49
Hi Guys,

Well, what do you think, will we receive any news this week along with R2 applicants?

I dunno, my mind tells me that probably not (that they would rather wait a month to the R2 admits deadline), but I am a bit more excited/anxious this week.. :)

By the way, did any of the waitlisted contacted the adcom lately?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 02:54
ebay wrote:
Hi Guys,

Well, what do you think, will we receive any news this week along with R2 applicants?

I dunno, my mind tells me that probably not (that they would rather wait a month to the R2 admits deadline), but I am a bit more excited/anxious this week.. :)

By the way, did any of the waitlisted contacted the adcom lately?

Personally speaking, I sure hope to hear from them this week as i have a 2k$ tuition i'll otherwise have to pay for my other option... that would also match with their strategy of MONTHLY review of the waitlist... anyway to answer ur question, i just filed a financial help application some weeks ago. did u contact them?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 03:38
Hi acax,

I haven’t contact them yet, other than the initial communication after being placed on the waitlist. I am asking since in my nature I find it hard to sit quiet and wait, and I do want to contact them. However, the impression I got is that INSEAD is considered as a "distanced" school that does not want to be contacted by waitlisted applicants again, unless something concrete has changed.

I will probably just wait for now - I don't think that any communication at this stage would make a change this week.
Man..., waiting on the waitlist is hard (:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 05:18
My understanding was also that if you are annoying*, you will hurt your chances. That said, you are annoying only if you:
-come to campus especially to beg the adcoms , requesting an interview as if they were the ones able to make the decision alone.
-call every two weeks to ask for updates. bonus points if you call during late afternoon and force them to stay later than they had planned…
-send every week uninformative updates, stuffing their mailboxes.

On the contrary, I don’t think that sending an update in the next weeks, which is now more than two months after the wait-list announcement, can be seen as annoying, if of course you have something to add. I know I would have : the applications essays were so short that I left aside some interesting stuff, and I bet it is your case too! :)

Let’s see: Friday the 24th, people in R2 will have their final decision. The accepted will have to pay at the end of March. The 2nd of March, the people taken out of the waitlist will accept or refuse their offer by paying €€€€. So during March there will be plenty of uncertainty: R2 accepted might refuse, R1 waitlisted and accepted might have refused too. So at the end of March/beginning of April, some R1 waitlisted and R2 waitlisted are bound to be called. Long story short, if you have some interesting stuff to show, it can be worthwhile to send before the beginning of April.

Then, R3 submit their application the 21th of March, and get their interview invites one month later. Since the R3 batch may lack some interesting characteristics, R1 waitlisted and R2 waitlisted should contribute also end of April/beginning of May.

(*our annoying level in France can be strange, personally I can’t help feeling bothered when a person calls me at 12h31, as I am a about to go down for lunch. Food time=holy, people! :-D )
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 12:53
HI Balky7,

I fully agree with your analysis, and I believe that send out something a couple of weeks prior to R2 payment deadline would probably be a good idea.

Well, good luck to us all - maybe a few of us will hear something this week.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 02:52
Hi all
I am R2 applicant and just received my WL email minutes ago
hands still shaking, big disappointment

this MBA application process really is a patience challenge
good luck to all of us...

Le Patron is the Boss

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 05:34
Lepatron, sorry to hear that. Dont lose hope. Quite a few of us from round 1 wl made it into the program. Read some of the prefvious posts for ideas on strategy... i found it personally helpful...

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.25
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 7

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 05:55
enkie wrote:
Lepatron, sorry to hear that. Dont lose hope. Quite a few of us from round 1 wl made it into the program. Read some of the prefvious posts for ideas on strategy... i found it personally helpful...

Posted from my mobile device Image

Thanks a lot Enkie!
Right now, I'm going to focus on my LBS interview scheduled next week, I'll worry about INSEAD afterwards, which will give me time to cool down.
Congrats on your admit(s)! Where are you going in the end? Oxford or INSEAD?

Le Patron is the Boss

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 06:40
I got the decision today, I have been waitlisted. I am very disheartened as I really ‘really’ wanted to study at Insead. :cry: Waitlist makes my chances even more bleak as I belong to the pool of Indians and come from energy sector. Insead has already admitted 4 colleagues from my Company in R1 and 1 in R2. I think I should give up hope.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 06:51
PKumar8 wrote:
I got the decision today, I have been waitlisted. I am very disheartened as I really ‘really’ wanted to study at Insead. :cry: Waitlist makes my chances even more bleak as I belong to the pool of Indians and come from energy sector. Insead has already admitted 4 colleagues from my Company in R1 and 1 in R2. I think I should give up hope.

Hi,

Welcome to the waitlist thread (though I am sure this is not where your hope to be).
I wouldn't give up hope too much if I were you, especially according to what you mentioned. INSEAD keeps the waitlist to control diversity, and if your colleagues will decide not to attend you might be called. Do you have any idea whether they consider other schools?

In any case, wish you luck - I have been here since R1 and I hope to see some movement in a month from now.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 07:10
Hello ebay,
Thanks for your positive words. They have accepted the offer in R1 and one (who go through R2) will accept as well. So I won't pin my hopes high. I must add this is very frustrating.

I really pray for you and wish you good luck. I hope to hear good news from you. :)

Thanks,

ebay wrote:
PKumar8 wrote:

Hi,

Welcome to the waitlist thread (though I am sure this is not where your hope to be).
I wouldn't give up hope too much if I were you, especially according to what you mentioned. INSEAD keeps the waitlist to control diversity, and if your colleagues will decide not to attend you might be called. Do you have any idea whether they consider other schools?

In any case, wish you luck - I have been here since R1 and I hope to see some movement in a month from now.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2012, 07:13
Hi all , just received WL email frm Insead admissions. I am round 2 for september 2012 intake. Anyone else on WL for R2 ?

When will we see some traction on WL list ? was there any for ppl who applied R1 ? Thks
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake   [#permalink] 23 Feb 2012, 07:13