Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 16 May 2012, 00:46
Hi AVbyT,

The current number of total admit is 429.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 00:45
Hi all,

Did anyone contact the admission office inquiring when the next movement in the waitlist is expected?

After February 1st (after first installment deadline for R1 admits), the next big movement was in April, after the first installment deadline for R2 admits. Seems like the next movement will be only in 1.5 months from now after R3 first installment deadline, no?
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 18:38
ebay wrote:
Hi all,

Did anyone contact the admission office inquiring when the next movement in the waitlist is expected?

After February 1st (after first installment deadline for R1 admits), the next big movement was in April, after the first installment deadline for R2 admits. Seems like the next movement will be only in 1.5 months from now after R3 first installment deadline, no?

Not necessaraly ebay. This is the last round, so it's a different sittuation from R1 and R2. The admissions committee have all the "playing cards" in their hand and might decide that the people in the waitlist are better suited for the Sept intake then some from R3.
As a R3 applicant myself, I know I'm up against the others from the 3rd round and all the waitlisters :)
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 18:08
What do you guys do, if another school accepted you and is waiting for a deposit, and you still don't know about insead (or even when the news will come)? Do you pay the deposit to the first school? Do you ask for a post-poning of the decision at the first school? (but this cannot be postponed forever either)...
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 4

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 23 May 2012, 22:37
sandymp wrote:
What do you guys do, if another school accepted you and is waiting for a deposit, and you still don't know about insead (or even when the news will come)? Do you pay the deposit to the first school? Do you ask for a post-poning of the decision at the first school? (but this cannot be postponed forever either)...

Hi,
Personally, I wrote to my Admission's contact (AN) to ask her whether there would be any movement on INSEAD's waitlist before these deposit deadlines.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:27
I would ask for an extension at the accepted school AND write INSEAD like coinpan suggested above.

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:31
enkie wrote:
I would ask for an extension at the accepted school AND write INSEAD like coinpan suggested above.

Good point.
Personally, I was waitlisted from R1, so my chances aren't high anymore (I would've gotten in by now otherwise). But for R2+ people, enkie's suggestion is the right way to go.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 03:42
Im sorry to hear that coinpan. Though I would write INSEAD one last time -- it can't hurt at this point right? What are your alternative plans?

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:06
enkie wrote:
Im sorry to hear that coinpan. Though I would write INSEAD one last time -- it can't hurt at this point right?

Sure, but it wouldn't change anything either: being a half-French male engineer, I wouldn't be bringing diversity. Given the number of times I could have been called from the waitlist (installment deadlines, etc) and haven't been called, I've come to terms with the conclusion that INSEAD won't be calling me.
enkie wrote:
What are your alternative plans?

I got accepted at LBS and IMD.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:09
Hhaa oh god, those are amazing schools! Congratulations. :D Our situations are reversed. I am waitlisted at LBS and never got off of it. How come no US schools?

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:11
enkie wrote:
Im sorry to hear that coinpan. Though I would write INSEAD one last time -- it can't hurt at this point right? What are your alternative plans?

enkie - Have you made your decision? I see both INSEAD and Oxford are still "Green" :) !

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:13
Hey AVbyT, I have. I walked away from my Oxford deposit (OUCH) and am attending INSEAD. This is why i am advising sandymp to ask for a deposit extension from the other school. I didnt ask for one from Oxford and ended up getting into INSEAD 10 days after paying the deposit. My mistake cost me about $8800 USD. :(

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:36
enkie wrote:
Hhaa oh god, those are amazing schools! Congratulations. :D Our situations are reversed. I am waitlisted at LBS and never got off of it. How come no US schools?

I guess it'd be a bit too far-fetched to suggest a swap of our seats in INSEAD and LBS ;)

As for why no US schools, I found them significantly more expensive* and not completely aligned with my goals. Also, I'm 30, so I felt it was a waste to have participants with 2- years of professional experience. And last but certainly not least, I'm getting married this summer and I needed to stay close to my wife.

* i.e. plainly too expensive when taking into account the opportunity cost of not working for an additional year
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 24 May 2012, 04:45
Ah that makes complete sense to me. Im also an older applicant and as such favored the euro schools like you do. Congrats on the impending wedding!

Posted from my mobile device Image

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 18:54
Hi enkie,

Can I ask why you would choose LBS over Insead. I have done fairly extensive research and by most accounts LBS students are unsatisfied, especially with recruiting. I think its a London thing rather an LBS thing. Also, big picture wise, 90% people who I spoke to who got in both choose Insead.

enkie wrote:
Hey AVbyT, I have. I walked away from my Oxford deposit (OUCH) and am attending INSEAD. This is why i am advising sandymp to ask for a deposit extension from the other school. I didnt ask for one from Oxford and ended up getting into INSEAD 10 days after paying the deposit. My mistake cost me about $8800 USD. :(
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 22:32
enkie wrote:

Enkie - I hear you but its done now. Congrats on the brave move! I'm sure it all be forgotten within the 1st few seconds of reaching the Fountainbleau Campus!

How's the count on MBAconnect looking like before decision week kickoffs?

Thanks...

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 00:00
enkie wrote:

I couldn't wait any longer and deposit at School X was paid last week. (~6,500 usd)
They gave me over 2 weeks extension, and didn't agree to wait until June 1st.
They gave me a scholarship too, and I'm pretty much set on doing my MBA in September (my resignation from my job will take effect in August), so I couldn't risk not having anything if Insead turned out to be a ding.
The school I'm going to is pretty good as well.

I'm just a bit frustrated, that I couldn't make a fair decision having answers from both schools.

Who knows... I might still reconsider my school decision if I get into Insead... (and I'll be 1 deposit short..like you enkie)...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 00:31
Hi all,

Well, this week R3 applicants should get their results from admission office - I hope this means there will be news for us waitlisters as well.

I have been here since R1, and personally speaking this week is my deadline - if no news this week I will consider this as a ding. The only possible future milestone I can think of is R3 admits deposit deadline, around the end of June, and this is too late – work, family, etc.

Hope for some good news this weeks – good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 19:43
Sorry I didnt reply sooner.

AVbyT, there are 425 admits in mbaconnect. Dont have time to do a complete nationality breakdown, but if you are curious about a specific nationality, i'd be happy to tell you.

tttrn333, Im not sure I understand your question. I didnt choose LBS over INSEAD. Though I will admit, at the beginning of my b school application journey, LBS was my first choice because I really wanted to be in London and work there after graduation (though that has changed -- I am now considering Asia as a possible region as well). I think the biggest draw for me was the fact that I could do an exchange for 6 months at another location (I had wanted to spend some time in Buenos Aires). But the more I researched about INSEAD the more I got excited about attending. I think next year will be a fantastic experience with an incredible group of people who are not only smart and ambitious but also adventurous and curious about the world.

sandymp, I am sorry to hear that. I know of a few other INSEAD kids who had also walked away from deposits, so at least you know that you are not alone if you later got in and decided to walk away from the current school.

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake [#permalink] New post 28 May 2012, 19:48
enkie wrote:
Sorry I didnt reply sooner.

AVbyT, there are 425 admits in mbaconnect. Dont have time to do a complete nationality breakdown, but if you are curious about a specific nationality, i'd be happy to tell you.

Thanks enkie...Interesting...the count's dropped in the last few updates! Would be great if you could post the breakdown for Indians and Canadians please?

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - September 2012 intake   [#permalink] 28 May 2012, 19:48