Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 07:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 103
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:03
33 y old, 650 gmat 69%v 71%Q - Syrian 10 years experience business development
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2013
Posts: 135
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 6

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 04:51
mahbahri wrote:
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.


Not sure how you got this info.....this seem skewed........
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: KFC: Part Deux
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Location: Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 07:32
Waitlisted :(
R3 applicant
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 22:23
fafelu1 wrote:
mahbahri wrote:
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.


Not sure how you got this info.....this seem skewed........


do not think the number is accurate. otherwise the waitlist does not make any sense. Statistically, we have 50% chance. This is what I get from reading so many threads of the WL of the years.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 103
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2013, 00:37
sunzhilin wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:
mahbahri wrote:
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.


Not sure how you got this info.....this seem skewed........


do not think the number is accurate. otherwise the waitlist does not make any sense. Statistically, we have 50% chance. This is what I get from reading so many threads of the WL of the years.



I will hope you are correct, the 122 seats left accounted for in my argument are based on MBAconnect had a total of 428 students before the start of last week, they admit about 550 students . that leaved 122 seats. now of course the numbers are not perfect for example last year they admitted 560. the 70%-80% yield is taken from advice of the former INSEAD admission director Caroline, also she commented that the waitlist usually is massive and being on the waitlist for round three is not the best of news.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2013
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2013, 07:50
frenchuk wrote:
Hi everyone,

I just heard the news that I am waitlisted as well. I am an R3 applicant.

Profile:

French, 28
5 years in Investment Banking and Private Equity in London
Lived in Canada
3 Languages spoken
GMAT 710

Does anyone know the chances to be accepted when waitlisted? I guess it is harder to be accepted once waitlisted when you are an R3 applicant no?
I am not an active user of these forums but I really really want to go to INSEAD and would appreciate your insights.

Is there anything to do: contact my interviewers? Go to Fonty to demonstrate motivation?

THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED AFTER BEING WAITLISTED, What would you recommend to do?


i was R2 waitlist who accepted, so want to share what i know. here is what you can do
1/ send update email to AC, try to figure area that your career has significantly progressed since your application. take your time to draft, dont rush it through.
2/ told your interviewer you got waitlisted and try to get feedback from them. this is very imp as they may tell you (although indirectly) the weakness in your application/interview. try to address those areas by getting a new third recommendations to AC


Re: frenchuk
i am sure not everyone waitlisted, and i did see quite a few got dinged straight away.

also, my experience is, there is no specific time when AC will get back to you on the decision. i heard from them by phone in just two weeks (exactly 14 days)

good for you guys and hope to see you in campus.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Sep 2013
Posts: 103
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 29 Oct 2013, 08:56
For those waitlisted
Key deadlines
Colombia admission ( Early +Jan Intake) 2/Oct - Decision 11 NOV
HEC Paris 15 Aug App Decision 20/Sep
HEC Paris 15 Sep App Decision 18/Oct
HEC Paris 15 Oct App Decision 15/Nov
IMD 1 Aug App Decision 12/Sept
IMD 1 Sep App Decision 13/Oct

That is all the deadlines I know off, for applicants who applied around the time of the round 3 deadlines for INSEAD, so those who got admitted already might have already declined the INSEAD seat , but key dates left around which we can notice some movement on the waitlist is 11 Nov, and 15 Nov in addition to the deposit deadline of 22 Nov. If you know any other deadlines please let us know.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: KFC: Part Deux
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Location: Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2013, 06:39
Did anyone get accepted to the program from the wait list over the past week?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: KFC: Part Deux
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Location: Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 07:43
INSEAD held its first Welcome Day for the 14D class yesterday in Singapore. I guess the class is pretty much set at this point, except for a few seats that might become available around the tuition payment deadlines. Did any one get off the wait list recently?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2013
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 22:33
hir0ki wrote:
INSEAD held its first Welcome Day for the 14D class yesterday in Singapore. I guess the class is pretty much set at this point, except for a few seats that might become available around the tuition payment deadlines. Did any one get off the wait list recently?


Still waiting :(
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2013, 22:35
Based on January 2013's intake, it looks like waitlisted candidates were notified in the second half of November (started Nov 17th I believe) and first half of January.

Has anyone considered withdrawing their application and applying for R2 Sept 2014?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 03:43
alevan12 wrote:
Based on January 2013's intake, it looks like waitlisted candidates were notified in the second half of November (started Nov 17th I believe) and first half of January.

Has anyone considered withdrawing their application and applying for R2 Sept 2014?


Hi what's your profile? Are you waitlist as well?
If I haven't received any good news before the R2 Sept intake deadline, I'll try to apply for R2.

Because the 2nd installment due date is Nov 25th, I think should be around that date for the final notice.
Jan 6th is on boarding date, I don't think the notification date will be the first half of Jan.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 21:48
Waitlisted R3 applicant. American from New York. Career in event planning.

Although I got the email giving me the option to accept a position on the WL, I did not receive a confirmation email that my decision was noted, as some here apparently have. Has anyone else here have the same experience?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2013, 22:52
alevan12 wrote:
Waitlisted R3 applicant. American from New York. Career in event planning.

Although I got the email giving me the option to accept a position on the WL, I did not receive a confirmation email that my decision was noted, as some here apparently have. Has anyone else here have the same experience?


You can call you AO directly.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: KFC: Part Deux
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Location: Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2013, 00:27
I received a confirmation email. Contact your admissions coordinator.

alevan12 wrote:
Waitlisted R3 applicant. American from New York. Career in event planning.

Although I got the email giving me the option to accept a position on the WL, I did not receive a confirmation email that my decision was noted, as some here apparently have. Has anyone else here have the same experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 04:16
Pre-payment day was yesterday for R3 applicants. Anyone has heard from INSEAD? Let us know if you get accepted...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2013, 04:55
frenchuk wrote:
Pre-payment day was yesterday for R3 applicants. Anyone has heard from INSEAD? Let us know if you get accepted...


Hi seems we need to wait until the 2nd installment deadline. Let's say Nov 21st.
Don't worry, at least you have no visa issue if choose Fonty campus
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2013
Posts: 62
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2013, 01:13
Anyone hear from your AC? It seems no movement these days. If any waitlist has been admitted, pls claim here. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Status: KFC: Part Deux
Joined: 12 Feb 2011
Posts: 75
Location: Heard and Mc Donald Islands
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 30

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 01:30
Have any of you heard back yet? Just a week to go for the Business Foundations course start :-(

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2013, 07:58
my AO said no one rejected the offer! not a single person has been taken out of the WL
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake   [#permalink] 02 Dec 2013, 07:58
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake aal286 68 06 Jun 2014, 09:40
15 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD WAITLIST September 2014 Intake j0ey 439 18 Dec 2013, 10:05
287 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants Vips0000 2672 27 Nov 2012, 23:35
1 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2013 Intake brychao 32 04 Jul 2012, 23:49
Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 126 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.