Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 13:04

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2013, 11:58
wcheng2007 wrote:
Shazzer wrote:
Congrats wcheng2007! Well done!

Which round were you from and can you share what you did (if anything) to get off the waitlist?

I was R1 waitlist, and sent 2 update emails (one month apart), and finally called my coordinator last week for an update. She told me this morning that I got in.

Good of luck to everyone still waiting. There's definitely still hope :-D

Congrats Wcheng2007! You deserve it after such a long wait.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2013, 00:19
Any movment in the waitlist? When is the 3rd round result due?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2013, 11:31
joshi702 wrote:
Any movment in the waitlist? When is the 3rd round result due?

3rd round result is due before 25th October.
Fingers crossed till then.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 06:37
I am an R3 applicant who just got Waitlisted
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 11

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 06:54
mahbahri wrote:
I am an R3 applicant who just got Waitlisted

Best of luck mahbahri. I hope your wait ends soon unlike mine.
can you share your profile?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 08:54
Hi everyone,

I just heard the news that I am waitlisted as well. I am an R3 applicant.

Profile:

French, 28
5 years in Investment Banking and Private Equity in London
Lived in Canada
3 Languages spoken
GMAT 710

Does anyone know the chances to be accepted when waitlisted? I guess it is harder to be accepted once waitlisted when you are an R3 applicant no?
I am not an active user of these forums but I really really want to go to INSEAD and would appreciate your insights.

Is there anything to do: contact my interviewers? Go to Fonty to demonstrate motivation?

THOSE WHO GOT ACCEPTED AFTER BEING WAITLISTED, What would you recommend to do?
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:06
frenchuk wrote:
Hi everyone,

Profile:

French, 28
Lived in Canada
3 Languages spoken
GMAT 710

Does anyone know the chances to be accepted when waitlisted? I guess it is harder to be accepted once waitlisted when you are an R3 applicant no?
I am not an active user of these forums but I really really want to go to INSEAD and would appreciate your insights.

Is there anything to do: contact my interviewers? Go to Fonty to demonstrate motivation?

Hi
I Got wait-listed today too

I researched the matter an apparently staying in communication with your AC is good without pestering them. so a letter once a month is good .

In the case of round 3 it is not more difficult to be admitted. I have called my AC and was advised that they will do there best to shorten the waiting time, it is just that they do not know how many seats left.

my instinct tells me that wait-listed people will be moved onward in two dates, 1- after the 25th of October once they know how many people are accepted/denied.
2-after the 22nd of November, once the deposit deadline has passed so those who have not managed to secure their seats, will be denied and waitlisted candidates will move on.

The good news are you are not DINGED, I would rather wait few weeks than be told good bey

good luck
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:15
mahbahri wrote:
frenchuk wrote:
Hi everyone,

Profile:

French, 28
Lived in Canada
3 Languages spoken
GMAT 710

Hi

I researched the matter an apparently staying in communication with your AC is good without pestering them. so a letter once a month is good .

In the case of round 3 it is not more difficult to be admitted. I have called my AC and was advised that they will do there best to shorten the waiting time, it is just that they do not know how many seats left.

my instinct tells me that wait-listed people will be moved onward in two dates, 1- after the 25th of October once they know how many people are accepted/denied.
2-after the 22nd of November, once the deposit deadline has passed so those who have not managed to secure their seats, will be denied and waitlisted candidates will move on.

The good news are you are not DINGED, I would rather wait few weeks than be told good bey

good luck

Do you think some people who went through the interview stage are DINGED after that? Or do they offer everyone who went through that stage (i.e. people with a decent background) to be waitlisted?
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 09:20
Hi

good luck[/quote]

Do you think some people who went through the interview stage are DINGED after that? Or do they offer everyone who went through that stage (i.e. people with a decent background) to be waitlisted?[/quote]

I am sure some are dinged
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 14:56
Someone with MBA Connect access can give us the stats for admin for French/ German/ British nationals? thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2013, 20:51
frenchuk wrote:
Someone with MBA Connect access can give us the stats for admin for French/ German/ British nationals? thanks

Still 433 in total, so it's not updated with the latest R3 admits yet.

25 British
46 French
14 German
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 00:26
433?! So applying in R3 is meaningless no? Why do they say that you have the same chances to be integrated no matter the round to which you apply?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 00:45
frenchuk wrote:
433?! So applying in R3 is meaningless no? Why do they say that you have the same chances to be integrated no matter the round to which you apply?

Don't they admit from 500 to 550 overall? And they say that the bulk is applying during the round 1-2 so the number of applicants per place is similar in all rounds.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 00:48
NikRu wrote:
frenchuk wrote:

Don't they admit from 500 to 550 overall? And they say that the bulk is applying during the round 1-2 so the number of applicants per place is similar in all rounds.

yeah maybe but look, there are already 46 French nationals taken in R1 and R2. How many seats left for a French applicant in R3 :) ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 00:55
frenchuk wrote:
NikRu wrote:
frenchuk wrote:

yeah maybe but look, there are already 46 French nationals taken in R1 and R2. How many seats left for a French applicant in R3 :) ?

Overall chances are higher during rounds 1 and 2, round 3 is more unpredictable.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 05:05
MiesM wrote:
I received the call as well! I'm estatic! Fantastic news! But really, the waiting list experience is truely terrible.

Since R2 (so only two weeks...)

If there is anything I can do for you guys, let me know!

Hi I'm R3 waiting list. Have you done anything for the waiting period?
Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 08:34
Wait Listed (R3) and no clue how to go about it. What are the rest planning?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2013, 14:59
Please for all candidates waitlisted, can you share your profile? age, work experience, nationality...etc
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 00:46
I have some info I research for those waitlisted

the Yield is about 70-80 percent. but the waiting list will be massive. so the math is 80% of 122 seats left for round three is 98 which means about 25 people will refuse their seats. the waiting list is about 100 candidates from this round , maybe 200 if we count those still waiting from rounds 1 and 2 . this means 200 people are competing for 25 seats , that leaves us with 12.5 % acceptance rate, ( similar to Harvard's overall acceptance rate) so really we are back to square one , as if we are at the beginning of the application seasons.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink] New post 24 Oct 2013, 03:02
frenchuk wrote:
Please for all candidates waitlisted, can you share your profile? age, work experience, nationality...etc

Indian, 30 years, Male
7 Years in Private Equity / Entrepreneurship
GMAT 720 (Q50, V38)
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake   [#permalink] 24 Oct 2013, 03:02