Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.76
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake [#permalink]
Lorax001 wrote:
Hi all,

I am a round 1 waitlisted applicant.

Any movement on waitlisted applications?

Me too... Haven't heard anything yet... Haven't seen much activity on the forums either...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ducceus wrote:
204 records on MBAConnect

Just to confirm there are 204 wait listed students in round 1?
How many have they admitted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Kudos
adityam36 wrote:
ducceus wrote:

204 candidates who have been offered an admit for 14D have registered on MBAConnect - not a count of wait listed candidates,
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hir0ki wrote:
adityam36 wrote:
ducceus wrote:

204 candidates who have been offered an admit for 14D have registered on MBAConnect - not a count of wait listed candidates,

Thanks.. What is/was the deposit date for Round 1 admits?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi all,
I was also waitlisted in round 1. can all waitlisted candidates share your profile please?
my profile is
Male India 26 yrs old.
GMAT 730
WE in manufacturing with 5 yr work ex.
target industry after MBA is consulting.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi all,

please share your profile details in the common spread sheet that i have created.
lets hope for the best for each one of waitlisted candidates.

spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... zdWc#gid=0
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey guyss!! Thx for the info!!

Still holding my breath!! :)
For all waitlisted candidates : this is certainly a hard wait but lets keep our faith!! Anything can happen...

Can anyone plz share the deposit deadline for round 1 admits??

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

We r well beyond the round 1 deposit deadline and no news...

Anyone know if someone was accepted from the waitlist for january 2014?

I understand there was movement last week for waitlisted candidates, septembre 2013 intake.

Sriram appreciate the effort.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Lorax001 wrote:
Hi all,

We r well beyond the round 1 deposit deadline and no news...

Anyone know if someone was accepted from the waitlist for january 2014?

I understand there was movement last week for waitlisted candidates, septembre 2013 intake.

I don't know if someone was accepted from the waitlist for jan 2014, but noticed two interesting facts when I read the threads from last years:
1. Significantly fewer candidates were admitted in R1 this year (209 on MBAConnect on August 5th) compared to 2013 (243 on august 1st) and 2012 (285 on august 6th).
2. In 2012, apparently very few people went off the waitlist. In 2013, there was a group of people accepted on august 23rd.

Let's be positive: I hope this means good news are coming soon for all of us!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ducceus wrote:

On the thread "Calling all applicants" the last data is 209 for August 5th, do you guys think that this means at least 5 people went off the waitlist in the meantime?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the info Bask!

Could be 5 applicants taken off the waitlist or simply admitted candidates that registered late on MBAConnect.

Let s keep our hopes up!!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
R3 September 2013 applicant.....got moved to the January 2014 wait list......wish everyone all the best.....
Intern
Intern
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:
R3 September 2013 applicant.....got moved to the January 2014 wait list......wish everyone all the best.....

All the best to you too!

It is interesting that they offered you this opportunity, as it is usually not possible (they sey that they don't do that or only for exceptional circumstances... or something like that). Did they give you any specific explanation to justify it?

As I wrote in my previous post (see above), it appears that there is "only" 209 admits to date, but the question I am asking myself is: is there a lot of waitlisted applicants or not so many? The fact that you were offered this opportunity can mean the latter... but maybe I am just fooling myself!

Also, would you mind posting the news on the Sept 2013 waitlist thread? Maybe somebody else was also offered the same opportunity: let's find out!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Bask wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:

All the best to you too!

It is interesting that they offered you this opportunity, as it is usually not possible (they sey that they don't do that or only for exceptional circumstances... or something like that). Did they give you any specific explanation to justify it?

As I wrote in my previous post (see above), it appears that there is "only" 209 admits to date, but the question I am asking myself is: is there a lot of waitlisted applicants or not so many? The fact that you were offered this opportunity can mean the latter... but maybe I am just fooling myself!

Also, would you mind posting the news on the Sept 2013 waitlist thread? Maybe somebody else was also offered the same opportunity: let's find out!

I was also told they don't offer this opportunity.......however i had to reapply and then be placed on the Jan 2014 waitlist......there is someone else i know that was offered a spot from the Sept 2013 WL turned it down and was moved to the Jan 2014 WL.

This rarely happens.........
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Granted that the AdCom selects people from the waitlist based on specific criteria such as nationality, educational and professional background, I gathered the data about the top ten most represented nationalities on the MBA 2012 employment statistics from INSEAD website, and extrapolated to picture an image of the full class (see detailed enclosed).

Out of 997 participants, here is the breakdown of the top ten nationalities with related estimated numbers:
111 11% Indian
79 8% American
67 7% French
62 6% Canadian
49 5% Lebanese
43 4% Chinese
36 4% Italian
35 4% Dutch
34 3% German
31 3% British

Ducceus, can you give us an update of the total nb of records on MBA connect for Jan 14 and the numbers for each of the nationalities above (at least top five nationalities if it's too long to gather)? I'd like to compare the current % to those...
Attachments

INSEAD_2012_stats.xls [19 KiB]
Downloaded 212 times

Intern
Intern
Send PM
fafelu1 wrote:
Bask wrote:
fafelu1 wrote:

All the best to you too!

I was also told they don't offer this opportunity.......however i had to reapply and then be placed on the Jan 2014 waitlist......there is someone else i know that was offered a spot from the Sept 2013 WL turned it down and was moved to the Jan 2014 WL.

This rarely happens.........

In your situation, did you get rejected in the end, or just simply reapplied for the Jan 2014 intake? What did you do to even be considered for this rare opportunity?
Also, did you submit the same recommendations or did you use different ones? I'm currently also a R1 waitlist applicant, so trying to figure out what others have done.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well.....they couldn't offer me a seat at that point in time for the Sept Intake......so I was given an option to withdraw my application for the Sept intake, move to the Jan 2014 waitlist only after I send in a re-applicant essay.

I guess they liked my profile enough to still put me on the WL and not ding me....but not good enough to offer me a seat. Please, keep in mind that i was a R3 applicant.

Thanks!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts