Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 05:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 06 Jun 2014, 09:40
Hey all,

Just thought I would start this thread so all the waitlisted applicants can post their profiles and keep abreast of any news / movement.

My Profile:
M, 27, Chinese-American based in NY
5 years W/E in credit research and trading
3.3 Undergrad GPA (degree in Finance)
GRE 89 p-tile Math, 97 p-tile Verbal (no GMAT)
Overseas experience limited to study abroad, travel (no work exp)

Just a side note - I noticed quite a few people working in finance roles getting waitlisted from the main Jan15 thread.


Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 07 Jun 2014
Posts: 3
Location: United States
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
WE: Information Technology (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2014, 03:38
Hi,

Thanks for starting the thread. Waitlisted too.
My Profile:
M, 27, French based in France
5 years experience in international IS projects (Finance)
degree in Finance (financial auditing)
720 GMAT
Work & study experience abroad (long term + assignments)

Good luck to all ;-)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2014, 06:22
I am Indian based in US (New York). Working as Financial Software Developer - 4 years work ex. + 1 year work ex in India + entrepreneurial experience
UG/Master in Mech engineering : 3.6 GPA
GMAT 720

Can anyone provide the following info : when is the first payment day and how many students have been admitted to R1?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 07 Jun 2014, 17:58
Out of curiosity, are you guys planning to continue working in finance post-mba?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2014, 04:40
PlastMan wrote:
Out of curiosity, are you guys planning to continue working in finance post-mba?


I am applying as a career switcher. Hoping to move towards consulting / business development type role.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 15:40
aal286 wrote:
PlastMan wrote:
Out of curiosity, are you guys planning to continue working in finance post-mba?


I am applying as a career switcher. Hoping to move towards consulting / business development type role.


You guys have very good profiles, I also have a background in finance and looking for an industry switch... I'm an R2 though.

Hang in there!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Aug 2013
Posts: 59
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 15

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 15:44
hsbatth wrote:
I am Indian based in US (New York). Working as Financial Software Developer - 4 years work ex. + 1 year work ex in India + entrepreneurial experience
UG/Master in Mech engineering : 3.6 GPA
GMAT 720

Can anyone provide the following info : when is the first payment day and how many students have been admitted to R1?


The first payment in order to secure your seat in the program is right after being admitted, and you have up to 4 weeks to make the transfer. I have no idea how many thus far have been admitted to R1 but if anyone has access to MBA Connect (an internal app for those that have been admitted) he/she can tell us...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 12
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 10 Jun 2014, 21:24
Yeah looks like Finance is getting the sub. Waitlisted R1

Australian/Chinese Male 32 based in Melbourne
8 years W/E, 6 Finance (Wealth, Credit Risk) 2 other
3.5 GPA for both undergrad (Econ & Fin) and postgrad (Fin)
710 GMAT Q81 V84
Limited overseas experience (travel + internship)

Plan to stay in finance after but move to Asia.

According to JS, they may notify us right up to the start of semester! But realistically I think our odds are pretty shit. If this was for September intake candidates may take offers from stateside schools but seriously if you have an INSEAD offer right now, and have not applied to another school yet, why would you want to jump through all the hoops again? Not trying to discourage anyone, just looking at the worst possible scenario.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 11 Jun 2014, 08:29
hsbatth wrote:
I am Indian based in US (New York). Working as Financial Software Developer - 4 years work ex. + 1 year work ex in India + entrepreneurial experience
UG/Master in Mech engineering : 3.6 GPA
GMAT 720

Can anyone provide the following info : when is the first payment day and how many students have been admitted to R1?


Ziceg on the main Jan15 thread said 121 admits on MBAConnect
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Sep 2013
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 13 Jun 2014, 01:48
d279020 wrote:
Yeah looks like Finance is getting the sub. Waitlisted R1

Australian/Chinese Male 32 based in Melbourne
8 years W/E, 6 Finance (Wealth, Credit Risk) 2 other
3.5 GPA for both undergrad (Econ & Fin) and postgrad (Fin)
710 GMAT Q81 V84
Limited overseas experience (travel + internship)

Plan to stay in finance after but move to Asia.

According to JS, they may notify us right up to the start of semester! But realistically I think our odds are pretty shit. If this was for September intake candidates may take offers from stateside schools but seriously if you have an INSEAD offer right now, and have not applied to another school yet, why would you want to jump through all the hoops again? Not trying to discourage anyone, just looking at the worst possible scenario.


Those are my thoughts as well. The only hope is if R2 and R3 gets skewed application in our favor to add professional mix. But that's a long shot again.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 09:00
Hey guys

Also waitlist.


M. 26y, 4yrs finance
lived, studied and worked abroad
gmat 690
also looking to career change.

Mixed feelings about WL - was told, like the rest i guess, that it can change anytime between now and start of semester and that there are no rankings.

A friend currently on Singy campus for 14D was also waitlisted after R1 application and didnt find out until October which was around R3 interview notification time, advised that we keep R3 dates in our mind for a realistic answer.

On other 15D thread MBA Connect is at 121 count, but another friend on 14D programme tells me ratio for R1:R2:R3 is normally about 200:200:100. So maybe they've deliberately under-filled this Round because so many finance and they want to see what R2/R3 brings in terms of diversity. Even if we assume MBA Connect still has some acceptances who haven't joined, I'd be surprised if 70 accepted ppl haven't bothered signing into MBA Connect. The way I see it, AdComs are basically using a free option which kind of makes sense for them, but not the nicest thing for us.

Thoughts?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 16 Jun 2014, 09:18
mtahmed2 wrote:
Hey guys

Also waitlist.


M. 26y, 4yrs finance
lived, studied and worked abroad
gmat 690
also looking to career change.

Mixed feelings about WL - was told, like the rest i guess, that it can change anytime between now and start of semester and that there are no rankings.

A friend currently on Singy campus for 14D was also waitlisted after R1 application and didnt find out until October which was around R3 interview notification time, advised that we keep R3 dates in our mind for a realistic answer.

On other 15D thread MBA Connect is at 121 count, but another friend on 14D programme tells me ratio for R1:R2:R3 is normally about 200:200:100. So maybe they've deliberately under-filled this Round because so many finance and they want to see what R2/R3 brings in terms of diversity. Even if we assume MBA Connect still has some acceptances who haven't joined, I'd be surprised if 70 accepted ppl haven't bothered signing into MBA Connect. The way I see it, AdComs are basically using a free option which kind of makes sense for them, but not the nicest thing for us.

Thoughts?


I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that they would under-fill if R1 was in fact disproportionately skewed towards finance candidates. It does put us in a tough spot though. I'm hoping to hear something in July after the R2 invitations go out.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2014, 01:39
Have we heard of any other WL candidates? Or any other updates? The other thread shows admits on MBA Connect at 131 odd ...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 20 Jun 2014, 02:29
mtahmed2 wrote:
Have we heard of any other WL candidates? Or any other updates? The other thread shows admits on MBA Connect at 131 odd ...

Posted from my mobile device Image


I think latest number I saw on the other thread was 134. Still quite a bit below the approx. 200 we should ultimately expect to see for R1, so I suppose that is somewhat comforting. I think we'll get a slightly better idea of our chances once we get a recount after R1 deposits are in.

I sent my admissions officer a very short update on my professional experience a couple of days ago (took on some more responsibilities), and she replied that she would add it to my file.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 36
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2014, 09:16
aal286 wrote:
mtahmed2 wrote:
Have we heard of any other WL candidates? Or any other updates? The other thread shows admits on MBA Connect at 131 odd ...

Posted from my mobile device Image


I think latest number I saw on the other thread was 134. Still quite a bit below the approx. 200 we should ultimately expect to see for R1, so I suppose that is somewhat comforting. I think we'll get a slightly better idea of our chances once we get a recount after R1 deposits are in.

I sent my admissions officer a very short update on my professional experience a couple of days ago (took on some more responsibilities), and she replied that she would add it to my file.



Hi, even I wrote to my AO providing a short update since submitting the application but I haven't heard back from her. It's been a week now.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2014, 21:59
I did the same, following some changes at work.

R2 interview notifications have started - let's all keep an eye on progress there over the next few weeks! Remember the AOs say there is no ranking in the WL so I'd be curious to see how this goes, not that we'll be privy to any element of the process.

Good luck guys, this wait really isn't great.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 36
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2014, 05:21
mtahmed2 wrote:
I did the same, following some changes at work.

R2 interview notifications have started - let's all keep an eye on progress there over the next few weeks! Remember the AOs say there is no ranking in the WL so I'd be curious to see how this goes, not that we'll be privy to any element of the process.

Good luck guys, this wait really isn't great.

Posted from my mobile device Image


Hi mtahmed2,

Did your AO respond to your update mail?

Thanks,
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Jun 2014
Posts: 13
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2014, 03:16
Hi, yes she did - about 3 days later but she replied by email confirming receipt of my email and saying she would add the update to my file.

If you're still waiting for acknowledgement I would call your AO on the phone and ask them to confirm receipt of your update email.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 36
GMAT 1: 690 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2014, 09:48
mtahmed2 wrote:
Hi, yes she did - about 3 days later but she replied by email confirming receipt of my email and saying she would add the update to my file.

If you're still waiting for acknowledgement I would call your AO on the phone and ask them to confirm receipt of your update email.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Thanks, will try to do that!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Dec 2013
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Schools: Stern '17 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GPA: 3.32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2014, 12:12
Awfully quiet...Think we'll see any movement next week after R1 deposits are due?
Re: INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2014, 12:12
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
110 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2015 Intake (Class of December 2015) SocialImpact 1140 07 Jan 2014, 12:05
5 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2014 intake Lorax001 125 23 Jul 2013, 03:48
1 INSEAD Waitlist - January 2013 Intake brychao 32 04 Jul 2012, 23:49
Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD January 2012 Intake Waitlist Ekleptik 217 23 Jun 2011, 10:44
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD WAITLIST January 2015 Intake

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7    Next  [ 128 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.