What is the most appropriate way to deal with incompatible intent to attend deadline? I have been offered a full scholarship by Boston U., but they would like confirmation of acceptance by Feb. 24. I have second round apps in to HBS, MIT, and BC and would prefer to hold off on making a decision until I have all of my options presented.
I am not opposed to paying the fee associated with the intent to attend at BU and foregoing the money if I choose another school in the end. However, if I do this would it interfere with my applications at other schools? Do admissions directors speak with each other regarding specific candidates?
Any advice you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.
I don' t know what you are signing and I am not a lawyer, but typically in such a case, accepted applicants send in the money and if they are later accepted at a school they want to attend more, they lose the deposit.
Adcom directors are too busy to speak to each other about specific candidates, and they may be violating confidentiality rules if they were to do so too.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog