Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 12:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Intent to attend

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intent to attend [#permalink] New post 30 Jan 2006, 06:20
Linda

What is the most appropriate way to deal with incompatible intent to attend deadline? I have been offered a full scholarship by Boston U., but they would like confirmation of acceptance by Feb. 24. I have second round apps in to HBS, MIT, and BC and would prefer to hold off on making a decision until I have all of my options presented.

I am not opposed to paying the fee associated with the intent to attend at BU and foregoing the money if I choose another school in the end. However, if I do this would it interfere with my applications at other schools? Do admissions directors speak with each other regarding specific candidates?

Any advice you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 340 [0], given: 64

GMAT Tests User
Re: Intent to attend [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2006, 22:11
Expert's post
bsmith75 wrote:
Linda

What is the most appropriate way to deal with incompatible intent to attend deadline? I have been offered a full scholarship by Boston U., but they would like confirmation of acceptance by Feb. 24. I have second round apps in to HBS, MIT, and BC and would prefer to hold off on making a decision until I have all of my options presented.

I am not opposed to paying the fee associated with the intent to attend at BU and foregoing the money if I choose another school in the end. However, if I do this would it interfere with my applications at other schools? Do admissions directors speak with each other regarding specific candidates?

Any advice you might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan.

I don' t know what you are signing and I am not a lawyer, but typically in such a case, accepted applicants send in the money and if they are later accepted at a school they want to attend more, they lose the deposit.

Adcom directors are too busy to speak to each other about specific candidates, and they may be violating confidentiality rules if they were to do so too.

Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog