Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Dec 2014, 14:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

interested in Msc Finance

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

interested in Msc Finance [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 00:14
Hi everyone.
I'm currently an undergraduate student at Bocconi University,attending the second year of Bachelor in Business Administration. Now i'm having a summer internship in a manufacturer company in south Italy. From September to December I'll stay in France, because I'll attend an exhange semester at HEC University. My GPA is 29,2 and I'm very young since I have 19 years...
Since I got interested in Finance I think that next year I'll send some application for some Msc in Finance.
I was interested primarly in HEC. I've seen also LSE Msc Finance, but i think that it's better suited for professional.
Iwould like to have some advice about these two school as well as about other School in Europe where I can attend Msc Finance.
please keep in mind that I have a very basic knowledge of finance :)
thanks everyone :-D
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 0

Re: interested in Msc Finance [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 03:38
LSE will provide you many more opportunties than HEC. It has a stronger brand name and well respected across the world, whereas HEC is well 'known' mainly in the continential area. While at LSE, you will be in the heart of London which can help in networking with finance professionals. LSE also has a strong alumni network, and most of them work in London. That helps in your job search as well. HEC is also a good school, but I would choose LSE anyday over HEC. Good luck!

www.InterviewBay.com
- Get Ready For the Interview
MBA | Finance | Consulting | General Mgmt

Bankinalfo wrote:
Hi everyone.
I'm currently an undergraduate student at Bocconi University,attending the second year of Bachelor in Business Administration. Now i'm having a summer internship in a manufacturer company in south Italy. From September to December I'll stay in France, because I'll attend an exhange semester at HEC University. My GPA is 29,2 and I'm very young since I have 19 years...
Since I got interested in Finance I think that next year I'll send some application for some Msc in Finance.
I was interested primarly in HEC. I've seen also LSE Msc Finance, but i think that it's better suited for professional.
Iwould like to have some advice about these two school as well as about other School in Europe where I can attend Msc Finance.
please keep in mind that I have a very basic knowledge of finance :)
thanks everyone :-D
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.88
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: interested in Msc Finance [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2012, 05:27
And what about Cass msc Finance? Imperial? And warwick?! These schools are less prestigious than LSE, but in my opinion they can give me a more deep financial knowledge...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 39

Re: interested in Msc Finance [#permalink] New post 09 Aug 2012, 08:33
The imperial Ms Finance is a great program as well. IT is pretty quantitative, which is a definite plus. However, in terms of prestige and overall reputation, LSE is by far your best choice when comes to finance. Keep in mind that admission to any of these programs is not easy at all.
I would advise you to stay away from Cass. They try to sell themselves by aggressive marketing and fancy new building, but LSE , Imperial , and HEC are all better choices.
I would suggest to do a research about Saint Gallen university in Switzerland. It has an amazing Ms Finance&Banking program, which ranks 5th in the world, according to the latest Financial time ranking.
http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolra ... ience-2012
It is basically "free" compared to the others because it takes just about 5 000 euro to complete the program, but its overall reputation and the fact that it is located in Switzerland makes it a very attractive option. Saint Gallen is considered the Harvard of the German speaking world and opens a lot of opportunities in Switzerland, Germany, and Austria.
Re: interested in Msc Finance   [#permalink] 09 Aug 2012, 08:33