Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well, my thoughts are that you need to look at your own situation and make your own decisions, everyone has different priorities and are at different stages in their careers so no two reasons for a decision are the same. Also, it's common knowledge now that the US economy is an awful state and things are very hard for international students, things are just not the way it used to be and the clearer this is to an international student, I believe the better prepared he/she will be.

My personal opinion about an expensive MBA is this, if I had a good paying job with good prospects in the short to medium term , I wouldn't budge and burden myself with a huge loan. I'd rather weather this period out and then look for an MBA when returns (to an extend) can be guaranteed. Having said that, some people I have talked with have compulsions such as marriage, aging parents etc. Personally, I'm just beginning my career, I'd do no harm to my prospects with an MBA and I'm open to returning to India to work.

So, I'd say plan carefully, these are tricky times, if you've been a bit of a punter, you might take a punt in this situation, after all, in the long run an MBA will still pay off!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
CHECK BUSINESS WEEK LATEST ISSUE
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good topic.... [#permalink]
I think its a very good thing to think about, especially if your parents cannot subsidize your education (I come from a middle class family, so I am pretty much on my own). Couple of interesting links...

https://www.infozee.com/indiatimes/chann ... /worth.htm
https://learning.indiatimes.com/bm/mbaab ... rth_it.htm

Course content wise I suspect it is same in India and abroad (Lets say our IIMs are comparable to top schools abroad in terms of what is taught). But network wise, top schools in US are far better. Ultimately it depends on how you perform and leverage these networks to your benefit.

Personally I feel that MBA abroad is worth it.
GMAT Club Bot
Good topic.... [#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts