Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

International Students as Brand Managers

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2006
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2012, 22:59
Do international students sign up for Brand Management courses and how many end up with
good jobs in the CPG like industry.

I have heard that companies do not prefer international students as Brand Managers.
Is this true.

Does anyone have any statistics.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink] New post 01 Jan 2013, 13:29
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 10:22
Texasbound wrote:
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.



hi, but then what are the options to get into marketing in luxury sector..
is it suitable to do an MBA in luxury from Europe (since most schools offering this specialization are there) or is it better to just do an MBA from a well reputed school and eventually go to luxury?

I researched a couple of schools but dunno how good they are for employment.

like how are ISC, ECG, INSEEC,EDC..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2012
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 16:24
harsha88 wrote:
Texasbound wrote:
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.



hi, but then what are the options to get into marketing in luxury sector..
is it suitable to do an MBA in luxury from Europe (since most schools offering this specialization are there) or is it better to just do an MBA from a well reputed school and eventually go to luxury?

I researched a couple of schools but dunno how good they are for employment.

like how are ISC, ECG, INSEEC,EDC..


Hi there, I don't know actually. I only know for American schools as I am an international student here. I don't know much about Europe. It might be different because I heard Europe is more accepting of intl students to work than America is. You could probably go to their websites and look for Alumni's who are willing to talk in those sectors and email them and ask them about it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: International Students as Brand Managers [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2013, 21:47
Texasbound wrote:
harsha88 wrote:
Texasbound wrote:
Hi, I don't have statistics but I visited a lot of MBA schools and one of the questions that came up was 'do international students get jobs in P&G, Colgate, Johnsons&Johnson" as brand managers, and most of the answer is no, they prefer citizens. However, they did say that 'maybe' if you impress them well enough they might be inclined to do so, and these people would help their international peers in doing so.

The success in doing that however, I do not know, they did not say if it worked or not, they just said it was tough, and they help each other.



hi, but then what are the options to get into marketing in luxury sector..
is it suitable to do an MBA in luxury from Europe (since most schools offering this specialization are there) or is it better to just do an MBA from a well reputed school and eventually go to luxury?

I researched a couple of schools but dunno how good they are for employment.

like how are ISC, ECG, INSEEC,EDC..


Hi there, I don't know actually. I only know for American schools as I am an international student here. I don't know much about Europe. It might be different because I heard Europe is more accepting of intl students to work than America is. You could probably go to their websites and look for Alumni's who are willing to talk in those sectors and email them and ask them about it.


ok.. thank you! will try that
Re: International Students as Brand Managers   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2013, 21:47
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Hotel Brand Management SaloniA 3 06 Aug 2011, 14:05
1 Luxury Brand Management brandmgmt 6 01 Jun 2010, 00:28
1 MBA - Brand Management GMAT4Lyfe 7 26 Mar 2008, 05:51
Marketing - Brand Management Exte0011 2 21 Jul 2005, 13:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

International Students as Brand Managers

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.