Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 05:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Internationals joining CBS Connect event

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Internationals joining CBS Connect event [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2011, 14:35
Hi everyone.. cannot wait to meet you all.

Just looking to know whether there is any international student who managed to make visa arrangements in order to join the April Columbia Connect event.

Have you guys applied for a tourist visa with this opportunity in mind? If that's the case, how long ahead has your local consulate scheduled your interview?

It seems that timing is really an issue. All information I get on interview scheduling makes me think about forgetting about the Connect event on April and just waiting for my I-20 in to arrive and then applying to the F-1, which allows me to enter U.S. not until 30 days before start of the classes.

Kinda sad though that I'll be missing it... any creative solution from all you U.S. Citizens to help internationals "connect" from overseas (São Paulo in my case)... ?
Current Student
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 19

Re: Internationals joining CBS Connect event [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 03:53
I'm international too
and I had the tourist visa
I would recommend to request the B1 visa as soon as posible!
however, I'm not sure if I can travel to cbs connect

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Internationals joining CBS Connect event   [#permalink] 03 Feb 2011, 03:53