Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

interview at Chicago GSB

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

interview at Chicago GSB [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2007, 18:03
I'll have an interview at Chicago GSB on Feb 28. How to get from O'Hare to GSB? Any one else going there too? How's the interview situation there?

Last edited by curiouss on 20 Feb 2007, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 82
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2007, 19:04
Not me, but you will not be alone, BELIEVE ME. A friend did one yesterday and it was literally packed with applicants.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1556 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: interview at Chicago GSB [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 05:32
curiouss wrote:
I'll have an interview at Chicago GSB on Feb 28. How to get from O'Hare to GSB? Any one else going there too? How's the interview situation there?


Congrats on the interview. If you are not staying in a hotel, there are basically two options to getting to campus - taking the L from O'hare, switching to a metra stop and taking the metra down or taking the L all the way there. All of this can be planned via yourcta.org (or is it .com i forget). See Trip Planner. Thats the most economical.

The easiest way is to jump in a cab and give the guy the address. From O'hare, I'd say expect about a $45 cab ride.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 572
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 05:41
How much is the cab fare from MDW? I hate figuring out public transportation on an interview day.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1556 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 06:16
dukes wrote:
How much is the cab fare from MDW? I hate figuring out public transportation on an interview day.


A guess, but I'd venture closer to $20 to $25.

Call Chicago Carriage cab and ask them. google it. They are very friendly and will likely be able to give you an estimate.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 06:55
rhyme wrote:
dukes wrote:
How much is the cab fare from MDW? I hate figuring out public transportation on an interview day.


A guess, but I'd venture closer to $20 to $25.

Call Chicago Carriage cab and ask them. google it. They are very friendly and will likely be able to give you an estimate.


As someone who has taken many cabs from Midway to UChicago - rhyme is right, it'll be between $20 and $30. The range is because it will depend on if the cab takes 55th street (cheaper, but lots of stoplights and an iffy neighborhood) or the highway (faster unless there is traffic, but more expensive).

Good luck with your interview, dukes!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2006
Posts: 572
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 07:10
klong009 wrote:
rhyme wrote:
dukes wrote:
How much is the cab fare from MDW? I hate figuring out public transportation on an interview day.


A guess, but I'd venture closer to $20 to $25.

Call Chicago Carriage cab and ask them. google it. They are very friendly and will likely be able to give you an estimate.


As someone who has taken many cabs from Midway to UChicago - rhyme is right, it'll be between $20 and $30. The range is because it will depend on if the cab takes 55th street (cheaper, but lots of stoplights and an iffy neighborhood) or the highway (faster unless there is traffic, but more expensive).

Good luck with your interview, dukes!

Thanks. Should I tell the cabbie to take 55th or the highway if I'm getting in around 8am?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2007, 07:17
dukes wrote:
Thanks. Should I tell the cabbie to take 55th or the highway if I'm getting in around 8am?


At that hour, I'd take 55th street. The highway could have traffic, and you'll be fine on 55th during the day. It's not a terrible neighborhood - just not the nicest. I was never comfortable taking a cab alone through there at night - but I'm paranoid. :)
  [#permalink] 21 Feb 2007, 07:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Chicago GSB irahirs 4 26 Aug 2008, 15:30
Interview for the Chicago GSB PT english_august 6 22 Mar 2008, 06:11
Chicago GSB Rupstar 5 05 Mar 2007, 09:55
Chicago Interview lhmcjen 4 15 Nov 2006, 10:35
Experts publish their posts in the topic Chicago GSB questions gmatblast 4 30 Oct 2004, 15:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

interview at Chicago GSB

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.