Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 23:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Interview for General Management at SSE(Engineering Graduate

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Interview for General Management at SSE(Engineering Graduate [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2014, 19:11
Hi,

I have been invited for an interview for the General Management program at Stockholm School of Economics(SSE). I usually suck in interviews so I was hoping I can get some tips. I have a BSc. degree in Computer Science and am doing my masters in the same field at the moment. So, how can I relate this to this management program? I don't want them to think I don't know what I want while pursuing a masters degree in computers and applying for another masters degree in management.

Any tips higly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Interview for General Management at SSE(Engineering Graduate [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2014, 08:57
I'm in a very similar position as you are.
SSE, GM, in the process of finishing my master thesis in physics.

However I think our profound knowledge in a scientific subject like CS or physics is a huge asset instead of a weak spot. It shows your academic capacity and will prove useful when competing against pure economists on the job market. So as long as you can make a reasonable case about why you want to earn a management degree, you probably won't encounter any problems.

Ask yourself: Why do I want to go to SSE? How did I first learn about the program? What do I dislike about my previous CS studies and why am I passionate about making the switch to management? This is the background story they want to hear.

P.S. Dropped you a PM.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Interview for General Management at SSE(Engineering Graduate [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2014, 00:41
Here are my two cents. Hope they help.

Here's what any interviewer will look for :

In any particular role you were a part of in personal / professional life -

1. What were your primary responsibilities

2. What did you achieve ? ( It's a good idea to quantify your achievements )

3. What did you learn and how did it help you in taking decisions for the future.

Get your resume / application essays / SOP's and LOR's in focus. Focus on each part of your professional and personal profile and answer the 3 questions above. They will cascade into more questions and clear your thought process. At the end, your interview will be about choosing the best thought :)

Hope this helps. All the best.

Tejas Phatak
Founder-KairosEducates

KairosEducates
+91 88888 21820

Re: Interview for General Management at SSE(Engineering Graduate   [#permalink] 21 Feb 2014, 00:41