Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Interview material

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Interview material [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 01:11
One question for Rhyme, Helg, and all GMAT clubbers... if you were given the choice of what to send to your interviewer (e.g. your complete application form, including essays, your CV, or just part of your application form, without essays), what would you send them (before the interview I mean)?
Consider that you may want to keep some answers or "stories" for the interview even if you already included them in your essays, but that - on the other hand - providing the interviewer with your essays you can make him aware of things that you couldn't let him know otherwise...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
SVP
SVP
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 04:00
IMO,

The schools stress a lot on conducting a blind interview, hence we should respect that. Just forward your resume.

Other thoughts on why it is better to have a blind interview.

1) You might have given all the juicy examples in your essays. Stating them again may seem scripted in an interview.

2) Blind interview can be a very open ended interview. Hence, again IMO, you have the chance to steer it the way you want.

3) Let the interviewer judge you on what you are saying not what you have written. Let that be the work of the adcom members. That is, you get to present another side of yourself in the interview.

Just my two cents.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 05:09
Thanks Jay,

I see what you're saying and agree with you that blind interviews have many positive aspects. Thanks again!

Tim
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 05:42
I agree that you should go with your resume with a blind interview. However be aware that you can be asked about things mentioned on your essays.

In a interview that I had last weekend. My interviewer told me even before we could enter the interview room, that the adcom has specifically instructed her to ask about a certain experience of mine.

I thought it was strange as it was supposed to be a blind interview. Better to be prepared though.

tapan22 to GMAT " Resistence is futile, you will be cracked"

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 07:00
tapan22 wrote:
I agree that you should go with your resume with a blind interview. However be aware that you can be asked about things mentioned on your essays.

In a interview that I had last weekend. My interviewer told me even before we could enter the interview room, that the adcom has specifically instructed her to ask about a certain experience of mine.

I thought it was strange as it was supposed to be a blind interview. Better to be prepared though.

Curious...which school was that?

I believe its yogurt!

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 07:03
gmatmba wrote:
tapan22 wrote:

Curious...which school was that?

Kellogg

tapan22 to GMAT " Resistence is futile, you will be cracked"

VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Interview material [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 10:10
timothycosulich wrote:
One question for Rhyme, Helg, and all GMAT clubbers... if you were given the choice of what to send to your interviewer (e.g. your complete application form, including essays, your CV, or just part of your application form, without essays), what would you send them (before the interview I mean)?
Consider that you may want to keep some answers or "stories" for the interview even if you already included them in your essays, but that - on the other hand - providing the interviewer with your essays you can make him aware of things that you couldn't let him know otherwise...

For all my three interviewers I have provided resumes, the schools asked me to do as much. I have included in all my messages to my interviewers "any additional info is available upon request" though, of course. Nobody has asked for any, however.

It might be a good idea to print out your whole application though, just to go through it a couple more times before the actual thing. You never know, what info they had from school.

Be sure to bring a printed copy of your resume to the interview, the other guy might not have bothered to do so :)
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2006, 17:22
I prefer to see the resume/CV because it tells the basics and is easy to read. The essays and application feel like overkills and many interviewers simply won'y have the time to look at them. As mentioned above, you can always say that you can provide additional information by request.
  [#permalink] 22 Nov 2006, 17:22