Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 13:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Intro and Current Gameplan

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intro and Current Gameplan [#permalink] New post 11 May 2005, 16:22
Hi guys,

I am about 2 months into studying for the GMAT and not really satisfied with my scores. I plan to take the test in early August.

My approach thus far has been:

Study for 2 hours after work Mon-Fri. Saturday I give myself a full length practice test and Sunday I review all the questions whether wrong or right.

I have an error log for verbal and math of all concepts and problems I have gotten wrong. In addition I use the OG template found on this site to keep track of time and scoring. I review all problems that I got wrong or took me longer then 2 minutes to solve.

In terms of material.

Started out with Princeton Review. Moved onto the Kaplan book and currenly on OG.

I have given myself both Powerprep scores before OG although I forgot to record the score I received!!!! I think it was around 590-610.

KAPLAN CAT #1 = 540 (terrible even if it is hard)
KAPLAN CAT #2 = 540 (Didnt IMPROVE!!)
Kaplan Book Full Test = 650
GMAT Paper Test #55 = 730
GMAT Paper Test #52 = 690

Anyways... I am shooting for a score between 680-700.

My hardest areas by far our Math (both DS and Problem Solving) and Sentence Correction. I hardly miss any reading comp or critical reasoning.

My new gameplan is still 2 hours M-F after work but to increase the Weekend workload. Maybe give myself a test and review it on the same day. Then on Sunday do another 4 hours of studying. Also, I plan to be very active in this forum answering lots of questions (most probably incorrectly). I think I will also start taking the challenges even if they do seem impossible.

Anyway, thats where I am at. See you around the forum and all suggestions are very appreciated.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intro and Current Gameplan   [#permalink] 11 May 2005, 16:22