Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Introduction and a Question

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 8

Introduction and a Question [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2010, 08:49
Hello there!

My name is Jordy, I am a current MBA student. I've come to this forum for a variety of purposes... but I wasn't sure about some of the commercial boundaries. I know you're not supposed to use GMAT Club for commercial purposes, but here's the thing. I am looking to on one hand lend a helping hand to this community as current B-School student in Canada, and on the other hand looking to promote my MBA program, which is brand new.

I'm well versed in the land of forum communities so I know that I just can't barge in and start soliciting. What I'm hoping to be able to do is pop in every now and again and give advice/help where I can, and also talk a bit about the experience I've had with my MBA and particularly, with my program. Am I being paid to do this? Actually yeah. I'm heading up our social media campaign. I figured I'd be transparent about that. In the vein of disclosure, I also recognize that the key social media marketing is fostering communities. Thus I don't want this account to be an annoying spammy thing that says "check out this program!" in every post. I'd like to join the GMAT Club community as an asset, and let folks know about a little known (but still intensely intriguing) opportunity nestled on the east coast of Canada.

So, that's a broad introduction. I have some specific questions as well:

1) Is it "kosher" to start a topic re: my program/B-school in the Non-US B-school forum? And what's the bumping policy here? If allowed I would bump the topic in conjunction with major updates or blog releases, no pointless spam.

2) Do you have other accounts here that "officially" represent any B-schools? Because this account can take that role as well as a "student ambassador" role.

3) I read that if we were to have links in our sigs that they should reciprocate. Also I saw that "affiliate" links are not allowed. I'd like some clarification on those points. I'd like to either link to our main site, our blog, twitter and/or Facebook pages... and I'm not sure if they cross the line. We can arrange to have GMAT Club backlinked on our Facebook page (Twitter's a little harder, but we could work it into the background image), but the domain that holds our main site as well as the blog is beyond my editorial control (except for publishing blog content, which I do once every week at least).

So yeah, if veteran forum members or moderators could let me know how you feel about this whole thing that'd be awesome. I'd love to help out, especially with "What's an MBA like??" type questions. I also did pretty well on the GMAT so I can offer help there too.

Cheers, thank you for reading!

- Jordy (aka dalmba)

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 1978

Kudos [?]: 6402 [0], given: 3564

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Introduction and a Question [#permalink] New post 16 Mar 2010, 19:49
Expert's post
Hello Jordy - welcome to GMAT Club!
You are more than welcome to start a dedicated thread to spread the word about your school. We'll be glad to have you.
You are welcome to link to your program in your signature and have your school staff visit/register/post as well. No issues with that.

The only request we have is that you do not overwhelm the forum with very frequent short posts. The usual bumping policy is 48 hours.

If any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me,
BB.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Manager
Manager
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 8

Re: Introduction and a Question [#permalink] New post 17 Mar 2010, 13:18
Great, thank you for the response bb.

I'll probably create a thread tomorrow and start seeing if I can help answer any general questions as well. :)

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Re: Introduction and a Question   [#permalink] 17 Mar 2010, 13:18