Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 04:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ? [#permalink] New post 17 Jul 2010, 07:31
Hi Fellas, there are tons of GRE apps available on the apps store. Any recommendations ??
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ? [#permalink] New post 19 Mar 2011, 23:05
Do not forget about Free PowerVocab App for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod)- available on iTunes
PowerVocab is very helpful in preparing for GMAT, SAT, GRE. Use it as your personal English vocab builder. While practicing, app automatically determines your language level, figures out words that are difficult for you and plan your learning approach.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 369

Kudos [?]: 1869 [0], given: 359

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ? [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2011, 16:04
Expert's post
We are thinking of entering GRE iPhone/iPad market and I kept an eye on what's going on there for awhile. I can't recommend any particular app as I didn't test them well but it seems that different types of vocabularies are very popular, such as
"Kaplan GRE Exam Vocabulary Flashcards and Reference Guide"
"GRE and GMAT Vocabulary builder"
"Smart Vocab (GRE)"
"PowerVocab GMAT and GRE" is a new app.

Some other providers offer questions and I didn't try them. At the same time many of them have GMAT apps too and are not popular at all. So, I would recommend you to search for "GRE" in the appstore and try apps only within top1-10. Very rarely you can find a good app that has lower position than 10.

Month ago I tested one XYZ (not GRE) Vocabulary app that claims all words were manually picked by XYZ experts and tutors. When I ran an analyzer through all official tests, some words were not even mentioned in official tests and some had statistical occurrence as any other 50K+ English words. I don't claim that all apps are bad but some really are. So, approach them with a grain of salt. Reading reviews is useful but for many reasons they could be biased.

Anyway, as I mentioned at the beginning, GRE vocabularies should be good.

If you have other questions related iPhone/iPad apps, feel free to pm me.

Best,
Walker

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ? [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 13:42
Hi-

I see this question has been idle for a while so I figured I'd add something.
I tried 2 different apps before I settled one I liked:

GRE Vocab from Simpaddico - The graphics grated on me after a while and since I had to study a bunch, I decided to stop and look elsewhere.

GRE Vocab from Brainscape - This was ok - graphics were certainly better. The problem with this one was that it wasn't very flexible in terms of creating decks of cards that I needed to study.

GRE Vocab Master from synapsis research- This was the same design as the Brainscape product but allowed more flexibility in terms of putting together groups of cards I wanted to study. Price was also good.

-Banquo
Re: Iphone Apps for GRE - Any recommendations ?   [#permalink] 23 Apr 2012, 13:42