Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IR too hard and too little time to finish it?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 25

IR too hard and too little time to finish it? [#permalink] New post 02 Jun 2013, 06:00
Hi,

Is it just me or IR is proportionally too difficult to achieve a decent score? I seem to have a good pace on the rest of the GMAT but not in IR. I find that there's too much data (sometimes I struggle to understand what they mean even, especially in the tables section) and I'm getting disappointed by my performance and I worry that it will affect my overall score in case I do well in the actual GMAT section. Anyone else with similar feelings or a good suggestion on this?
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 43 [0], given: 37

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: IR too hard and too little time to finish it? [#permalink] New post 04 Jun 2013, 10:13
Skag55 wrote:
Hi,

Is it just me or IR is proportionally too difficult to achieve a decent score? I seem to have a good pace on the rest of the GMAT but not in IR. I find that there's too much data (sometimes I struggle to understand what they mean even, especially in the tables section) and I'm getting disappointed by my performance and I worry that it will affect my overall score in case I do well in the actual GMAT section. Anyone else with similar feelings or a good suggestion on this?

I am struggling with the time :(. Any suggestion on how to reduce time is highly appreciated!

Please give Kudos if you like the post

Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: IR too hard and too little time to finish it? [#permalink] New post 08 Jun 2013, 20:59
I actually really like IR since it seems more logic-based than Q/V, and logic is one of my strengths.

Are you struggling with the questions themselves or just the timing? I think both of those issues can just be solved by practicing problems, just like the other sections of the test.

If I recall correctly, 4/12 are experimental questions, right? So I would think that if you see a problem that looks like it will take a disproportionate amount of time or be much more difficult, then maybe just guess those.

Also, on the actual exam, if you're running low on time, I would guess that it would be a good idea to skip the questions with multiple parts, since you have a greater chance of getting that question wrong. I would focus on the questions with only 1 answer to choose.

Good luck! There are many brilliant people here so posting specific examples of questions will allow you to see other people's thought processes, which may help you develop new perspectives.

KUDOS please if my post was useful!

Re: IR too hard and too little time to finish it?   [#permalink] 08 Jun 2013, 20:59