Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

is 680 good enough for NYU?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

is 680 good enough for NYU? [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2011, 06:04
Hi,
I just took my GMAT the first time and got a 680 - 44 quant 38 verbal - after 3 months on and off studying and 1 week hard all-day studying.
- practice test scores ranged from a 670-730 the week before the test.
- GPA 3.4 from UVA
- 3 years solid marketing experience

should i retake the gmat? what are my chances for NYU this fall if i dont?

any advice is appreciated : )
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 198 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: is 680 good enough for NYU? [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2011, 21:18
I think your 680 is good, but only that if you don't think you can raise it. The 80% range goes from 660 to 760, with an average of 715. You're in the range, but below the average (and most likely the median). If you think you can break 700, I think you should go for it again. If not, don't worry about it and just apply.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: is 680 good enough for NYU? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 20:09
Hey I took my Gmat in May and got 660 (Q-47, VA-35). I currently have 1 year work experience. Which colleges have relaxed work experience criteria so that I can get in with just 1-1.5 years of work ex at the time of application?
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 198 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: is 680 good enough for NYU? [#permalink] New post 25 Jul 2011, 21:12
gmat10dulkar wrote:
Hey I took my Gmat in May and got 660 (Q-47, VA-35). I currently have 1 year work experience. Which colleges have relaxed work experience criteria so that I can get in with just 1-1.5 years of work ex at the time of application?

Hi gmat10dulkar, in the future, please go ahead and open up a new thread for your own question (instead of piggybacking on another person's thread).

In regards to your question, the type of schools that people are looking at on this forum tends to be the top 30 or 40 schools, mainly circulating in the top 20 range. All of these schools have an average of 4 to 5 years of work experience. I honestly can't think of one school that states its average number of years of work experience hovers around 1 or 1.5 years. Those b-schools that do take 1 year work experience 'casually' (I use casually here to indicate that top 20 b-schools will also take these people in, but definitely not in a 'casual' way - these folks have some other outstanding factors that helps them stand out among the crowd, even if it means those applicants only have 1 year of work exerience) are usually smaller, regional schools. You're not going to be able to find a lot of them unless you start looking at the really small, or online colleges. If I were you, I'd wait at least a couple of years and then think about b-school at that point. Your 660 will help you get to places that you probably won't be able to get in right now.
Re: is 680 good enough for NYU?   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2011, 21:12