Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

IS DOING MBA FROM US WORTH IT ??

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 18

IS DOING MBA FROM US WORTH IT ?? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 00:23
What is the current scene for Indian Students studying in (M7 +Next 8) Business Schools in US?Are they able to get good jobs after MBA ?How much role does Visa sponsoring play in final FT Recruiting for Indians there who doesn't have work permit/green card ?Is the competition tough for foreign graduates (~around 40% of the class I guess ) as the firms may have limited quota for foreign students.

I am planning on my MBA and I was shortlisting schools .I would like to know your honest opinion on this.Is it worth taking 100k + loan and apply to US MBA schools.I don't have that kind of money but I am willing to take risk if it really worth?
THANKS for your answers in advance :)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 190

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: IS DOING MBA FROM US WORTH IT ?? [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 04:43
You have to consider what your other options are ?If you want a low cost degree go for IIM/ISB. The competition in India for the few good jobs is immense. As with anything nothing comes on a platter. Indians from 40 ranking B Schools land jobs in Amazon AT Kerney. For M7 you get a degree go for it. Just spend some time on poetsandquants.com and see the comparison of companies that recruit there.

The question is not can you rise up to iconic! The real question is will you ?

Manager
Manager
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 123 [0], given: 79

Re: IS DOING MBA FROM US WORTH IT ?? [#permalink] New post 12 Jan 2013, 22:29
There's absolutely no easy answer to your question, since it all depends on what you plan to do with the degree afterwards, and possibly on your personal feelings about taking on a mountain of student loan debt. Here's some food for thought, though: http://www.forbes.com/lists/2011/95/bes ... _rank.html

For whatever its worth, the ROI on top U.S. business schools is pretty impressive. The numbers in the Forbes rankings are merely averages, and you may or may not experience a similar ROI if you come to school here. But the numbers are interesting: if you're "average", you'll probably be pretty happy with the MBA investment. :)

Helping students kick the GMAT in the nuts since 2002... www.gmatninja.com.

Re: IS DOING MBA FROM US WORTH IT ??   [#permalink] 12 Jan 2013, 22:29