Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is GMAT prep an accurate predictor of score?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Is GMAT prep an accurate predictor of score? [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 07:37
Hi
I wrote 3 GMAT practice tests, one on every alternate day, in the past week.

1st- Veritas Prep Online Free test. Scored 730
2nd- Kaplan Online Free test. Scored 660
3rd- Gmat Prep test. Scored 740

In all the three tests, there was not a single question that i had seen before. Because of the huge variation in test scores on Kaplan and Gmat prep i am bit confused as to where i stand currently. I have my GMAT test five days later. I still have one test from GMAT prep remaining, which i will be writing day after tomorrow.

It would be great if experts could guide me.

Many thanks :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
Concentration: General Management
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 154 [0], given: 13

Premium Member
Re: Is GMAT prep an accurate predictor of score? [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2013, 08:56
Gmat Prep is the closest to the real test, but scores will still vary. The standard error is +/- 30 points. Many factors, such as how you react to stress from the testing enironment, will affect your score.

My first official Gmat was 80 points lower than my Gmat Prep test.

I think you should trust the Gmat prep score more than the Kaplan score, but know that no practice test is without error.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Advice, Musings, and Experiences from a member of the HBS Class of 2016
- What questions to ask admissions officers
- 5 Things to do Now to Prepare for Round 1 applications
http://DefyingGravityMBA.blogspot.com/

Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 207

Kudos [?]: 301 [0], given: 5

Re: Is GMAT prep an accurate predictor of score? [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2013, 13:26
Expert's post
The GMAT Prep tests are the "best" predictor of your score, but there are so many variables that it's impossible to predict what your real score will be.

I would be interested to see how you did on the real test - have you taken it already?

KW

Kyle Widdison | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | Utah

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile

Re: Is GMAT prep an accurate predictor of score?   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2013, 13:26