Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 16:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT..

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Finance
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 56

Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT.. [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2013, 22:43
Hi

Its Prasanit having 10+ yr exp in telecom looking to pursue I year MBA...

I want to know Is Grockit.com a good web source to practice for GMAT??
Actually I am doing self prep and started doing practice from Grockit.com. Later on I will start practice from OG.

Please help me out by giving your insight on the right source to practice so that i will hit the bulls eye within a 3-4 month period.

In addition to that I want a time schedule, can afford to spend 2 hour on weekdays and 4 hour on weekends. Now I am score hovering around 550...

Thanks in advance ...........
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
Followers: 27

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 12

Re: Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT.. [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 10:32
Expert's post
Hi there,

Welcome to the GMAT world! I am sure that Grockit has some fine material BUT for practice I would stick with as much official material as possible. There are thousands of official questions. If you need study guides, the MGMAT stuff probably has the best reputation in terms of its completeness, the GMATclub Quant book has some good stuff, and this forum is full of great information and helpful people. If you need CATs then MGMAT and GMATClub are your best bet at this point.

Let me know if you need more advice on this.

Happy Studies,

HG.

"It is a curious property of research activity that after the problem has been solved the solution seems obvious. This is true not only for those who have not previously been acquainted with the problem, but also for those who have worked over it for years." -Dr. Edwin Land

GMAT Sample Questions to assess your GMAT Quant.

If you found my post useful KUDOS are much appreciated.

IMPROVE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION with the ECONOMIST READING COMPREHENSION CHALLENGE:

Here is the first set along with some strategies for approaching this work: http://gmatclub.com/forum/the-economist-reading-comprehension-challenge-151479.html

Current Student
Affiliations: NYK Line
GMAT 1: 410 Q35 V11
GMAT 2: 530 Q44 V20
GMAT 3: 630 Q45 V31
GPA: 3.84
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
Followers: 31

Kudos [?]: 274 [0], given: 67

Re: Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT.. [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 12:10
Hey
If u think timing is a big problem fr u...grockit can help u in a gr8 way....u can customize ur practice basis on the difficulty level....Its good.. Taking its low cost...u can really gr8 benifits frm it ...On SC and RC front...U can improve ur quick thinking skills.
It has also gt good source for quants...
Its worth buyn fr all those who are doing self prep. U can check the percent f question gettn right area wise and also in a particular week. Its a gr8 way to monitor ur improvemnt

Consider Kudos If My post helps!!!!!!!!!11

Archit
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 295

Kudos [?]: 695 [0], given: 6

Re: Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT.. [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 14:00
Expert's post
prasannajeet wrote:

Please help me out by giving your insight on the right source to practice so that i will hit the bulls eye within a 3-4 month period.

If you are looking for high quality practice questions similar to OG and GMATPrep - we provide hundreds of them free of charge: http://www.gmatpill.com/gmat-practice-test/

But remember - the questions themselves won't necessarily help you. Learning how to think through them is what makes all the difference - that's what we show in our video explanations.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1157

Kudos [?]: 5379 [2] , given: 165

Re: Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT.. [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2013, 21:12
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
prasannajeet wrote:

One doesn't lead to the other. If a high quality material and 3-4 months was all that was required to hit 'bulls eye', most people would have been hitting it. How well you do will depend on how well you use the material.
The most commonly used source for practice is the Official material. Since it is limited, most test prep companies give you tons of questions to practice - all based on the official material.

prasannajeet wrote:
In addition to that I want a time schedule, can afford to spend 2 hour on weekdays and 4 hour on weekends. Now I am score hovering around 550...

Another misconception - Some people get 750 without ever looking at any test prep material. Many others stay stuck at 500 even after 6+ months of study. Again, there is no standard time schedule that helps. It all depends on how well you use the time you have. Focus on your concepts - understand 'why' for everything first. Then focus on practice.

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

Re: Is Grockit a good web source to practice for GMAT..   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2013, 21:12