Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 06:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

is it easy to get 400 on GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

is it easy to get 400 on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 13 Oct 2011, 21:41
Hello friends;

i know i sound silly for asking such a question like that, but i have scholarship from my gov to study MBA. the university that i am going to is requiring me to bring 400 on the GMAT.

I have two questions in regard to my situation:

i use Cracking the GMAT 2012, do you think this book is enough for 400 score?
is there any study plan to prepare myself for for score like that?

thank you
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Manhattan GMAT Instructor
Followers: 118

Kudos [?]: 200 [0], given: 10

Re: is it easy to get 400 on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2011, 22:28
Expert's post
It really depends on how well-prepared you are to take the test. For someone with a decent math ability who is comfortable with written English, a 400 is fairly easy to achieve--540 is the average, and many of the students in my courses have incoming scores in the 500s and 600s.

However, if your English is not strong, or if it has been a long time since you have had to do algebra, it can take some study to get out of the 300s. So do yourself a favor--download the two free GMATPrep exams from mba.com and take a practice exam. Take it under exact test conditions--one hour for the essays, 8 minute break, 75 minutes for quant, 8 minute break, 75 minutes for verbal. As long as your score is safely above 400, go in and take the GMAT and don't bother to spend a lot of time preparing. If your practice score is below 450, start studying. You might want to start with our Foundations of Math/Foundations of Verbal books.

Good luck!

Dmitry Farber | Manhattan GMAT Instructor | New York

Manhattan GMAT Discount | Manhattan GMAT Course Reviews | View Instructor Profile |
Manhattan GMAT Reviews

Re: is it easy to get 400 on GMAT?   [#permalink] 14 Oct 2011, 22:28