Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Aug 2014, 23:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 00:11
I was planning to take my GMAT this month and I went to go register tonight to finalize it, but the date disappeared :cry:
Since the date is about 1-2 weeks away, I thought I still had some time to register. Anyone know if I can still register for it somehow?

Anyway, I had no choice but to choose the next convenient date and it is in early Nov. I already registered for it and am willing to pay the fee to change dates if something comes up.

I still need to know how I do on the GMAT before I even start getting my app together. There's this one particular school with a deadline in early Dec. Is it possible to go from application start to finish within 24 days? I still haven't even reached out to my recommenders and I'm not 100% that they will do it yet.

I also plan to apply to a couple of other schools but those deadlines are in January. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Johnson '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 9

Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 03:41
It is totally feasible to complete a "regular" set of essays (3-4 with 250-300 words each) and the application form in a couple of days. I've heard about people admitted to top-20 schools with app packs done in a week.
The only issue is how much "homework" (introspection, reflection, etc.) have you done before start writing and filling forms. If you have solid career goals, reasons why MBA and a couple of decent leadership/teamwork stories, writing about it shouldn't take long.

Hope it helps...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 7

Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2013, 06:30
Its better to submit your application at a later deadline (upto R2 or R3, depending upon how many deadlines in all a b-school has) as compared to rushing through your application.

If you are going to prepare for and take your GMAT now and write your applications as well, it may just be too much work in all, and the quality is likely to suffer. Though, if you had taken your GMAT already, my advice would have been different.

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com/mba

Namita Garg
http://www.mbadecoder.com
contact@mbadecoder.com

Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 42

Kudos [?]: 499 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 00:03
Expert's post
undecidedonmba wrote:
I was planning to take my GMAT this month and I went to go register tonight to finalize it, but the date disappeared :cry:
Since the date is about 1-2 weeks away, I thought I still had some time to register. Anyone know if I can still register for it somehow?

Anyway, I had no choice but to choose the next convenient date and it is in early Nov. I already registered for it and am willing to pay the fee to change dates if something comes up.

I still need to know how I do on the GMAT before I even start getting my app together. There's this one particular school with a deadline in early Dec. Is it possible to go from application start to finish within 24 days? I still haven't even reached out to my recommenders and I'm not 100% that they will do it yet.

I also plan to apply to a couple of other schools but those deadlines are in January. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I had one client once, who did like 10 schools in eight weeks while working full time. I still have no idea how she did it. But apparently it IS possible. :)

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CrackVerbal
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V46
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 2

Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 03:04
undecidedonmba wrote:

If your question is "Is it possible?" - I would say yes. But if your question is "Is it advisable?", then I would say no. :)

I have worked with a number of clients who have managed to complete their applications in under 2 weeks. However, they had already done their homework: by this, I mean selecting schools, thinking about their post-MBA goals and even giving a shot at writing the essays. Since the tough part - the research and thinking - was almost done before they took the GMAT, it was a lot easier for them to give their application their best shot.

So, depending on how ready you are, and how good you are with articulating your thoughts, the actual essay writing part may be easy or hard.

If you decide to go ahead any way, make sure that you talk to your recommenders as early as possible, and prep them for this. And if, at any point of time, you feel that you are doing a half-baked job on your application, DO NOT submit it just because you put in so much effort. Better to apply late, but give it your best shot, than apply early for the sake of applying early.

Gowri N Kishore
Admissions Consultant
http://www.crackverbal.com/mba-application-services/#

If you find our response valuable, please encourage us with Kudos!

Live online classes by 99th percentile instructors!
http://gmat.crackverbal.com/gmat-courses/online/gmat-live-course/

Get a FREE profile evaluation from CrackVerbal experts!
http://applications.crackverbal.com/free-resources/profile-evaluation/

Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days? [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2013, 18:02
Yes, it is possible. I did it for one of my schools and somehow got an interview invite! I don't recommend it though. I think it comes down to if your recs can get done in time in 24 days, so pick the right people.
Re: Is it possible to start and complete one MBA app in 24 days?   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2013, 18:02