I am planning to start my application process before having GMAT score in my hand. Since, I have booked my appointment for the test on 16th of august, 2012 and as per my knowledge about the deadlines of most of the B-Schools, I will be having only 1.5 months, post GMAT date, to start my application process.
Could you please tell me that would it be possible for me to prepare my application for around 8-10 schools in just 1.5 months. Since, most B-Schools have their deadlines for Round-1 in the month of Sept and Oct, so I will be having just 1-1.5 months in my hand to prepare my application (SOP, LORs, transcripts, etc.).
Please show me the clear picture whether it is suitable for me to apply this time or should I wait for another year.
Also, please, have a look on my profile:
· Work Experience: 25 months till 31st June, 2012 in IBM India Pvt. Ltd. as an Application Developer.
· Promoted to higher band after one year of Work Experience.
· International exposure (Onsite opportunity) of 2 months to Portsmouth, UK.
· Engineering graduate from a top graded Institution (Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi) of India with 69.40%age of total average marks (equivalent to 3.90/4 by WES iGPA calculator).
· Scored 98.99%ile overall (Verbal: 95.43%ile; Quant: 98.86%ile) in CAT (Common Admission Test conducted by group of Indian Institute of Management (IIMs)).
· Got PI calls from 6 IIMs and several other B-Schools in India on the basis of CAT score.
· Secured AIR (All India Rank) - 4162 among 0.7 millions of candidates appeared for All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE-06) conducted by the group of top graded Engineering Institutions of India.
· Did engineering final year project on ‘Variability aware design of circuits and systems’ under well recognized professor: Dr. Srikanta Pal (an Indian Scientists who repaired World’s Largest Telescope).
· An active volunteer of Dakshina, an NGO (Non-profit organization, funded by IBM India Pvt. Ltd.), where we set up various schools for poor children across several villages.
· Qualified National Mathematics Olympiad (NMO) for second level conducted by Delhi Teachers association, Govt. of India.
· I was a School topper in 10+2 ISc. (Intermediate in Science), consecutively for two years with an aggregate of 81.2%age in final exams.
· Won bunch of prizes in technical as well as in non-technical on school and college level.
After my profile review
, I have got some analysis from various counselor that, with this profile, it might be tough to get through any top notch B-Schools but B-Schools ranked- 25/30 up to 50 could be the part of my list. Since, I have heard/read a lot about the job scenario in US, will it be appropriate for me to apply for top 25/30 up to 50 ranked B-Schools, this time ?
After seeing my profile, what would you suggest - Should I wait for some more time or should I apply this time ? Mam/Sir, I understand that it is almost impossible for one to do some rough analysis based on incomplete information but still I want your suggestion that should I go for this year application process or should I wait for one more year, since, I am mainly targeting FT ranked top 30/35 B-Schools. I also understand that Score also plays an important role but I guess it's just a one part in the whole process (But, it's quite important).
A rough idea about my past statistics of scores either in mock test or in any registered exams.
Distribution of Score(%ile) per section:
VA(avg.) : around 70-80 %ile.
QA(avg.): around 98-99 %ile.
Also, I want some clarification on the work experience consideration. Till when do all schools consider the month count of work experience - Before freezing your application or before joining the school ? I am asking because, in later case, I will have completed my 3 yrs of work experience before joining.
It's very true that one needs handsome amount of time to prepare essays and other parts of application!! So, if I show you the true picture about the time I can devote for my app preparation, it will be 4-5 hours during weekdays and 7-9 hours during weekends.
Hope, I will get a positive reply from your side,