Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 861 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1537 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
kaplan test [#permalink]
A word of enouragement.. i know some one who had scored a 550 on the kaplan test a day before his Gmats and ended up with a 720 in the actual test. soo dont worry about kaplan tests, it is often said that the kaplan is one of the toughest test available...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I have a question about this - Is it that the Kaplan GMAT CD Exams are difficult? Or is it that they grade your exam tougher?

I've heard that the Verbal in Kaplan GMAT is very bad (I think the implication was that it was too easy for the Verbal section) - in which case, it's surprising that the overall score comes out to be so bad.

Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 145 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Verbal was especially difficult, IMO.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with the above posts - don't worry. I did Kaplan 2 days before the real test, after practicing with the OG for a month and scored 590. The only purpose that test served was to freak me out. I scored 760 on the real thing. Kaplan is a terrible indicator!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 931 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Kaplan was very useful, I found, as long as you don't base too much on the score. Practicing with their CATs and practice sets was good preparation because they were harder than the real thing. If you can do the Kaplan math, you can surely do the real GMAT math. If you're aiming for 700+, it's a good way to prepare, IMHO.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I agree with the above-mentioned explanations. But I think Kaplan is a good motivator to prepare a little more harder. Also, try GMATPrep - though it may have some of the questions from OG, most of those will not be so. It should be a good indicator of real GMAT score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
Send PM
Re: Is Kaplan CAT a good predictor? [#permalink]
I think Kaplan test questions are also sometimes poorly written and confusing. Does anyone else experience similar problems?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
I have asked this previously in forum and have not gotten a satisfactory ans. I have 2 MGMAT tests and 2 PR tests left; of-course I have 2 GMATPrep left for last 2 weekends before the test. But I want to practice more, can anybody recommend if I should just stick with these 4 tests left, or should I also get Kaplan tests and practice a couple there? I know I can repeat MGMAT but I don't want to do that, AND did not find PR tests challenging - quant can't be that easy. Please advice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
kaplan is good i prepared for my test in kamplan and i did good
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Paul78 wrote:
kaplan is good i prepared for my test in kamplan and i did good

Thanks I ended up buying it. I was not buying it because I didn't want to get confused or waste time just because I bought it. But now I am convinced that it is VERY VERY VERY VERY IMP to practice. I would not care much about the score I get, as I know I will suck, but I will try to give as many as possible. I am guessing the best time would be the 4th of July weekend - 4 days off - hope can get through 3-4 tests :)
GMAT Club Bot