Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 12:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score???

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score??? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 09:28
This post received
KUDOS
I am curious to hear others views on this topic. For some reason I feel a bit odd how I end up getting a V39 or V38 on pretty much all 6 practice exams and then BOOM! I got the real GMAT practice tests and got 33, then on test day, sure enough, I got another V33.

Math I was pretty spot on Q48 and on test day Q47.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the MGMAT experience vs real GMAT test?

If anyone has had a similar experience, were you able to find any good materials that really helped you.?

Any comments are very appreciated!

Regards,
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GMAT 2: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 3: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.32
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 328 [0], given: 108

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score??? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 09:35
EMess51 wrote:
I am curious to hear others views on this topic. For some reason I feel a bit odd how I end up getting a V39 or V38 on pretty much all 6 practice exams and then BOOM! I got the real GMAT practice tests and got 33, then on test day, sure enough, I got another V33.

Math I was pretty spot on Q48 and on test day Q47.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the MGMAT experience vs real GMAT test?

If anyone has had a similar experience, were you able to find any good materials that really helped you.?

Any comments are very appreciated!

Regards,

In my experience, my quant was a bit higher on MGMAT tests then on the real exam. My verbal was actually pretty spot on. GMAT Prep will give you the most accurate prediction; MGMAT is pretty solid but not perfect.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.76
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score??? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 09:43
On my 6 Manhattan CATs, I scored 730-710-730-730-760-730. Splits were usually something like 48-39 with a few 51s for Quant and some scores in the 40s for Verbal. One thing I noticed was that getting questions wrong towards the end of the section hurts more than getting earlier questions wrong. On the real test, I think it's the other way around. On my GMAT Prep tests I scored 760 and 770 with Q50 and V44 both times. On the real test, I scored Q51 V45. I think GMAT Prep is really the only good indicator of what you'll score, but the Manhattan CATs really helped me prepare even though the scores weren't accurate.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score??? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 09:49
goldbh7 wrote:
On my 6 Manhattan CATs, I scored 730-710-730-730-760-730. Splits were usually something like 48-39 with a few 51s for Quant and some scores in the 40s for Verbal. One thing I noticed was that getting questions wrong towards the end of the section hurts more than getting earlier questions wrong. On the real test, I think it's the other way around. On my GMAT Prep tests I scored 760 and 770 with Q50 and V44 both times. On the real test, I scored Q51 V45. I think GMAT Prep is really the only good indicator of what you'll score, but the Manhattan CATs really helped me prepare even though the scores weren't accurate.

Thanks for the response. It seems like I there is a large verbal gap (at least for me) in the verbal section. I wish I was seeing Q51 and V44!!! Amen to you bro, I would have taken the real one after one practice exam and called it a day with those scores! :)

Anyone else know of VERY GOOD verbal materials (non-MGMAT)? Math I think with MGMAT stuff I can get it up to Q49ish.

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.76
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score??? [#permalink] New post 05 Apr 2013, 09:57
MGMAT Sentence Correction is required reading if you're struggling with SC. I also recommend the Princeton Review book with over 1000 practice problems. The verbal section is very well done, especially in sentence correction and the harder critical reasoning types.
Re: Is Manhattan GMAT a good predictor of actual score???   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2013, 09:57