Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 13:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is my life over?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 17

Is my life over? [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2012, 14:09
I have a 3.15 from University of Michigan, I was planning on applying to Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Yale in R1 but I just returned from the GMAT with a score of 480

25Q and 31V

Obviously there is no chance of admission at this point (lowest score Stanford accepted in 2013 was 530), even at the lowest extreme.

Given my low GPA, I assume any chance I have of admission would be to score 700+

However, given my score of 480, what is the likelihood that I can achieve this? Has anyone here achieved, or know of anyone who has achieved a jump this high?

I will have 3 months to do as R2 of these apps are in january.

I took one practice test before this and scored a 600.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 278

Kudos [?]: 610 [0], given: 5

Re: Is my life over? [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 08:59
Expert's post
It depends, did you take any practice tests before you score a 480? Obviously if you were scoring that on your practice test you would probably be better off postponing the test or canceling. You should already have a sense as to your GMAT Score range *before* you actually go and take the real test.

It's impossible to tell how much time you need to score 700+ from that range, but definitely no less than 1 month. You should study for 1 month, take a practice test at that time and see where you are at.

With a lower than average GPA, you would need a strong GMAT score around 700+ in order to *stand out*. The only other way to get into HBS is to have extraordinary access to business ventures, contacts, networks that allow you to shine beyond what your GPA and GMAT scores say.

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Is my life over?   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2012, 08:59