Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 12:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is my quant improving?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 151

Is my quant improving? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2013, 03:22
Hi All,

I have been studying for the GMAT after getting a disastrous score of 630(Q39,V37) back in december.As expected,i have got rejects from colleges i had applied to.
I purchased gmatclub tests and i feel that even though they are hard,they teach u tricks that are useful.Till date,i was scoring Q41-Q42 in these tests whereas in Manhattan tests i was consistently scoring Q44-45.
I gave a gmatclub test today(after a gap of 10 days) and scored Q49(93 percentile).
My test is on 15th of this month.
Do u guys think i can get Q50/51(Even reaching Q49 would be quite an achievement for me :) )
I work full time in a very stressful job and hence dont study much on weekdays.
Let me know what u think should be my strategy leading up to the test so that i get a good score.
Also,since i have taken gmatprep repeatedly(around 3-4 times),i am now mainly concentrating on reviewing my mistakes from question and at max will give gmatprep once again next saturday/sunday.

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 153

Kudos [?]: 1007 [1] , given: 937

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Is my quant improving? [#permalink] New post 07 Apr 2013, 10:52
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Hi Shree,

Improving from Q39 to Q49,that too on GMAT CLUB tests which are known to be hardest one, is in itself a great achievement.
You have mentioned that the last GMAT Prep test you are going to take on Sat/Sunday - probably a day or two before actual test. In my opinion, this strategy should be reviewed once. This is because, suppose if you found any area of improvement on Practice test when you will work upon it ? Arrange the GMATPREP practice test in such a way that you will get some time to work on the weakness - if any - found during the test.

Best Luck for your Exam!

Regards,

Narenn

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

All MBA Resources All 'Sticky' Topics at one place

Please share your profiles for this application season: 2015 Profiles w/ Admit/Dings Results!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Expert Post
2 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep GMAT Instructor
Followers: 1154

Kudos [?]: 5369 [2] , given: 165

Re: Is my quant improving? [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2013, 21:59
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
shreerajp99 wrote:
Hi All,

I have been studying for the GMAT after getting a disastrous score of 630(Q39,V37) back in december.As expected,i have got rejects from colleges i had applied to.
I purchased gmatclub tests and i feel that even though they are hard,they teach u tricks that are useful.Till date,i was scoring Q41-Q42 in these tests whereas in Manhattan tests i was consistently scoring Q44-45.
I gave a gmatclub test today(after a gap of 10 days) and scored Q49(93 percentile).
Do u guys think i can get Q50/51(Even reaching Q49 would be quite an achievement for me :) )
Let me know what u think should be my strategy leading up to the test so that i get a good score.
Also,since i have taken gmatprep repeatedly(around 3-4 times),i am now mainly concentrating on reviewing my mistakes from question and at max will give gmatprep once again next saturday/sunday.

Thanks,
Shreeraj

Search for some 700+ level questions on the Quant forum (use the tag feature in the search). If you get most of them within 2-3 mins, you are set for Q50/51

Karishma
Veritas Prep | GMAT Instructor
My Blog

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GMAT 2: 630 Q47 V29
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 562

Re: Is my quant improving? [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2013, 18:43
This post received
KUDOS
shreerajp99 wrote:
Hi All,

Thanks,
Shreeraj

how did u manage a 37 in V :shock:

Make sure you have revised Verbal as well. Verbal went down in my 2nd attempt from 34 to 29..

hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

Who says you need a 700 ?Check this out : http://gmatclub.com/forum/who-says-you-need-a-149706.html#p1201595

My GMAT Journey : end-of-my-gmat-journey-149328.html#p1197992

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 151

Re: Is my quant improving? [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 09:55
Thanks for ur replies,just randomly i today solved from OG 13 SC section 31 questions from 70-100 and got 23 correct.Im not sure if thats a good sign or should it be much higher?
Also,i gave diagnostic SC test from OG 13 and missed just 2 questions.

Thanks,
Shreeraj
Re: Is my quant improving?   [#permalink] 11 Apr 2013, 09:55